Is this a good idea?

EdubP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2008 Saab 97x, 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited, 2019 A10 Mustang Gt PP1
I have been reading and researching before buying and had an idea. I am looking at a 2019 A10 and noticed its 3-4k for the PP. From everything I've read people complain about the rear getting squirrelly and wheel hop even with the PP. I was thinking about getting base model GT from the dealership and having them install the Steeda drag pack 1. It's much cheaper and from what I've read MUCH better at keeping the rear planted. Is this a good idea or am I missing something?
Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
wont have mag ride and the front brembos i dont think. youd be on reg dampers and springs and base brakes. really up to u if those are worth it. i believe it has been discovered you cant get what you get in the pp in the aftermarket for same/less price.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Get the PP1 and add the Steeda stop the hop kit.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
+1 I love the pp1 and plan on adding the stop the hop kit at some point

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the PP was such a good value I ordered that with my 17. And I am adding the Steeda stop the hop package when it gets warm outside, if spring actually gets here.

Sponsored

OP
OP

EdubP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2008 Saab 97x, 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited, 2019 A10 Mustang Gt PP1
Ok that's what I'll do. Thanks for the help.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I have been reading and researching before buying and had an idea. I am looking at a 2019 A10 and noticed its 3-4k for the PP. From everything I've read people complain about the rear getting squirrelly and wheel hop even with the PP. I was thinking about getting base model GT from the dealership and having them install the Steeda drag pack 1. It's much cheaper and from what I've read MUCH better at keeping the rear planted. Is this a good idea or am I missing something?
Missing;

Structural stiffening parts.
larger cooling system.
Different SC/TC.
Big ass Brembo Brakes.
Wheels & tires.
Shocks, struts, springs, sway-bars, etc.

And Magneride, if you want it.

Is wheel-hop a concern? Really? How about being concerned about control in corners, under braking, during acceleration?

I can tell you, the Steeda stuff I've done on my 2016 PP car transformed my car, settling the rear end down under all situations, and wheel-hop was never a concern.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
The Performance pack isn't really for drag racing. You don't need the brakes, cooling, and stiffening for drag racing. In fact, all that will slow you down with the added weight. If you want a drag car I'd skip it. If you're planning on taking it on a road course it is a mandatory purchase.

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I thought only the front springs were stiffened. So when you launch the weight transfers to the rear wheels better and gives better traction. I'll agree plenty of the pp1 goodies are more beneficial on a road course but even Ford advertises if you want to hit the sub 4 sec 0-60 you need the pp1

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
You will love your new Mustang. Congrats for taking the leap and ordering one. You are going to love those PP brakes. There are a number of things to get use to with this model of Mustang. The HP, torque and RPM capability are awesome and a learning experience. But these PP brakes are amazing. Of the challenges to get use to those brakes are pretty unique, I would rank them second on the list to master, right behind that clutch with the stock spring. 60-0 in 105 feet rank this car in almost supercar territory. Those brakes will stop this car.

I had trouble finding a premium, 401a, PP, six speed on a lot so I ended up ordering a car with the options I wanted. The sales guy suggested I get an automatic. His rationale was there are some many unique things about driving this car why not go with the auto and eliminate that variable. After driving it for more than a year, I understand what he was saying. I ordered the manual and love it, especially with that Steeda clutch spring.

My wife finally agreed to learn to drive my Mustang when I can finally get it out again. Even though I really want her to be able to drive it, if for no other reason, to show her why I had to have this car. I am concerned about it. She can drive a manual. Her current Forester is her first automatic car. That is not the issue. What I am worried about is teaching her this car goes fast if you step on it and it stops on a dime and gives you 25 cents change.
Sponsored