Sponsored

The "what things weigh thread."

Status
Not open for further replies.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Any helmet clearance issues with the Corbeau seats?
I am 6ft
Sponsored

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If you guys don't want to spend a crap load of money on the aerospace brakes the mustang V6 brakes weigh 33 pounds which saves about 30 pounds off the Brembos like I have and about 22 pounds off the base GT brakes. Which seems well worth it. I just bought a pair off of a forum member for 150 so I feel like it's pretty worth
There is something to be said about the base V6 for lightness....

No heated/cooled seats (passenger isn't even electric).. I think the lightest wheels and brakes are on the V6 etc.

It would be cool if we could road legally switch out the heavy doors to carbon fiber or aluminum. The hood and fenders are aluminum, can't do anything about the steel body, but lighter doors seem like a worthy reduction. Only ones I've seen stress they are for track only.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Question for anyone who may know. Does the combined rear seat delete weight savings of 41.8 pounds (OEM Rear Seats: 30.8lbs OEM Rear Lower Seat Cushion: 11lbs) also include the weight of the seat belts, their buckles, and any associated mounting hardware?

If not, a rear seat delete that removes those parts as well would likely yield an additional 10 to 12 pounds of weight savings, as those buckles are pretty hefty chunks of metal.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Oh well, I guess I'll have to figure out alternative methods to lighten up the front end of the car. :shrug:
Relocate the battery to the trunk.

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Relocate the battery to the trunk.
I thought about that but then I would also have to run all the cabling to the trunk as well. And since the cabling would have to span a greater length, the gauge would have to be more significant to cope. The increase in gauge and length would make the gains of moving to the trunk not as significant.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The increase in gauge and length would make the gains of moving to the trunk not as significant.
Wanna bet? Moving the battery to the trunk is always a win/win. 1/2 the cable length will be in the rear half. GT are already 53%/47% front/rear. Moving
2% of that front end weight to the back.. well.. :thumbsup:

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Wanna bet? Moving the battery to the trunk is always a win/win. 1/2 the cable length will be in the rear half. GT are already 53%/47% front/rear. Moving
2% of that front end weight to the back.. well.. :thumbsup:
I didn't say it wouldn't be a weight savings, I just said it wouldn't be as significant as an even transfer of 31 pounds of battery from the engine bay to the trunk. I've never done it before but I assume the additional weight of the increased gauge and length would be approximately 6 to 8 pounds?

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Oh, and not to mention, Ford's placement of the battery makes the move less significant than in other cars since the battery is mounted near the firewall as opposed to many other cars which place it towards the very front of the nose.

Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Question for anyone who may know. Does the combined rear seat delete weight savings of 41.8 pounds (OEM Rear Seats: 30.8lbs OEM Rear Lower Seat Cushion: 11lbs) also include the weight of the seat belts, their buckles, and any associated mounting hardware?

If not, a rear seat delete that removes those parts as well would likely yield an additional 10 to 12 pounds of weight savings, as those buckles are pretty hefty chunks of metal.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I weighed everything together and got 43lbs on my scale including all the rear belts, brackets and bolts and all. LMR delete carpet is right at 2lbs so loss of 41lbs. Replacing both heavy premium seats with 13lb racing seats which will save 100lbs. Between the two 140lbs lost which is significant.

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I weighed everything together and got 43lbs on my scale including all the rear belts, brackets and bolts and all. LMR delete carpet is right at 2lbs so loss of 41lbs. Replacing both heavy premium seats with 13lb racing seats which will save 100lbs. Between the two 140lbs lost which is significant.
What seats weigh 13lb? If you put them in your car, got pics?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
They look nice and that's a great price as they include the brackets.

I have the Corbeau FXI (not yet installed )which I thought were the light but the AMR website says they weigh 17 lbs each without the brackets .

Still cheap at $800 with the brackets but these are even cheaper .

I wonder how these compare ?
I'm not expecting epic quality for the price but I'm not 300lbs so I'm not expecting durability to be an issue. I'll be happy to have that 100lbs off the front ish middle part of the car. Between that and rear seats with belts and all, trunk stuff with shaker sub and k brace removal and battery swap (11lb Braille). It's about 200lbs lost right there.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.