Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
So shorter... and lower. Now consider this car is, for lack of a better word, pointy-er and I think there is some real mass reduction in length and height.

PremiumT

It is more angular both front and rear I believe. That's why you can't just focus on overall length. The corners have been shed, makes a difference in lesser visual bulk.

That said, to get back on topic, the corner cutting of the engine bay is part of the reason the topic of this thread and whether the Trinity engine would fit.

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
I'd also prefer to see a set of turbos on the 5.0 rather than the supercharge on a 5.8. Overall I do believe the 5.0 is a more capable motor to work off of.

I'm glad we're seeing an N/A halo car. I loved the 96-01 4V Cobra's and the 03-04 Mach 1s.
+1 Coming from the 5.4L Supercharged, I'm hoping to see a Turbo 5.0 with same or more power, and 2-3mpg better gas mileage. I daily drive this car, about 1200 a month, I definitely love the power, and don't want to give that up, but would love to save a few bucks a month on gas.

Sponsored

TearTheHorizon

Threads
Reaction score
\I'm hoping to see a Turbo 5.0 with same or more power, and 2-3mpg better gas mileage.
There have been talks of single and twin (but the latter more dominantly) turbo applications. A good example is the Cobra Jet concept, although the setup used there is completely unstreet-able, the thought is there. There are also large amounts of discussion on when/if to give the voodoo FI. The discussion on a turbo voodoo has been solely twins.

Still trying to figure out exactly what voodoo is though :)

Whatever it is, I fully expect to see the n/a halo car at or before the new camaro, and as soon as Al tries to toot his own horn with the alpha chassis gen 6, for Ford to drop the real Hi-Po halo car on his parade.

RTD

Threads
Reaction score
You will see a halo n/a car.
But, im curious as to what you classify as old tech about the condor family?
Lack of Ti-VCT for one. A stroke that's longer than even pretty much any old school big block for another.

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
It is more angular both front and rear I believe. That's why you can't just focus on overall length. The corners have been shed, makes a difference in lesser visual bulk.

That said, to get back on topic, the corner cutting of the engine bay is part of the reason the topic of this thread and whether the Trinity engine would fit.
I still think the Roadrunner is wider than the Trinity. Plus dropping the 661HP (let's run up to 666, shall we?) beast in the new better balanced and handling Mustang would cause Camaro fanboy heads to explode. Nothing against the Camaro, mind, I just abhor dim-witted fanboys of any stripe.

86GT

Threads
Reaction score
+1 Coming from the 5.4L Supercharged, I'm hoping to see a Turbo 5.0 with same or more power, and 2-3mpg better gas mileage.
Glad to see someone else in agreement. If they do end up with a single or twin turbo, I hope they stray from the ecoboost formula a little bit. In most circumstances, 90% of available torque at 1500rpm is awesome. Especially when it's under 300ftlbs. But if they end up pushing over 475+ ftlbs of torque at 1500rpm, people are just going to have traction problems like they have on the factory supercharged cars since 2007. I'm not saying I want a ton of turbo lag, but peak torque closer to 3700rpm would be nice imho.

DMV

Whether it will fit or not the Trinity engine is 100% done. Trust me, you will not see it used in the S550.

Sponsored

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
The Trinity was an awesome engine but it doesn't seem to fit the athleticism this new car brings.
What does this mean? I can't make any sense of what you are trying to say. People will be lining up in hordes to buy this engine in a Mustang body if it is offered!

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
What does this mean? I can't make any sense of what you are trying to say. People will be lining up in hordes to buy this engine in a Mustang body if it is offered!

Oh I'm sure the HP junkies will wet their pants over one, but having a wheelspin machine never appealed to me. Ford is going after the driving experience that makes up BMW and Porsche sales, the Trinity was IMO made only to shut Chevy up.

TearTheHorizon

Threads
Reaction score
Oh I'm sure the HP junkies will wet their pants over one, but having a wheelspin machine never appealed to me. Ford is going after the driving experience that makes up BMW and Porsche sales, the Trinity was IMO made only to shut Chevy up.
Are you familiar with some of the world records that engine claimed?

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
Have you driven a 13/14 GT500? Wheel spin is very minimal with decent tires.

It is true that I'll get some wheel spin when shifting from 1st to 2nd @ 80mph. However, the 13/14s handle the power better than the previous models. It is surprising just how easy it is to drive this thing fast without feeling like you're going to end up upside down in a ditch.
Sponsored