Sponsored

Diablosport trinity?

Moi16gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt performance package
Just bought a diablosport trinity for my 2016 gt , and was curious to see if anyone else has gotten it, and what kind of gains did they get with it?
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Honestly I didn't even know that Diablo was tuning S550's. I had one in my Silverado and still have the Trinity unit from when I sold the truck. Did you get someone to custom tune it or are you using the canned tunes?

OP
OP

Moi16gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly I didn't even know that Diablo was tuning S550's. I had one in my Silverado and still have the Trinity unit from when I sold the truck. Did you get someone to custom tune it or are you using the canned tunes?
I havent installed it. But planning to use the canned tunes.

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Diablo has lost a lot of traction in the Ford tuning department.. at one point they were only considered for tuning Chrysler products... I don't know how they are now.. but i would only use SCT or HPtuners at this point in time..

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I use DS on my 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 and on my 2015 Mustang GT. The SS has custom tunes. The GT for now has canned tunes but will get custom tunes once I get headers on. The canned tunes are nice and will give you noticeable gains.

Sponsored

craigsix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
i got intune. once i had headers installed with jlt cai i think its behind the other programmers even with cmr tuning. i got the gt350 intake and the driveability issues arent resolved so im on a hptuners tune now. id say return the trinity for an sct x4 which is the best for the 5.0 in my opinion.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
We custom tune Diablo Devices for Ford, Chevy, or Dodge. I use a Trinity in my personal S550. All Procharger Kits for the S550 ship with Intune I2's. Diablo is responsible for a lot of the early development in the S550, however it was done behind closed doors.

Ill be honest Diablo lost a lot of ground in Ford tuning in the last few years while they built up their domination of the Chrysler market. However, with the S550 they have come back into Ford pretty strong(albeit slowly) after turning the Ecoboost F150 world upside down a few years ago with their canned tunes.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check out their forum. I have complete trust in DS. Plus, you can get used DS tuners for much cheaper than SCT stuff.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Diablo has lost a lot of traction in the Ford tuning department.. at one point they were only considered for tuning Chrysler products... I don't know how they are now.. but i would only use SCT or HPtuners at this point in time..
Diablo sucks when it comes to customer service. I would never buy their product again just for this. SCT on the other hand has awesome customer service. They really impressed me. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm, I don't know about your experiences. But every time I've posted on their forum they've gotten right back to me within a reasonable time frame. Every time I email my custom tuner for my Camaro he gets back to me within hours. My initial custom tune took like 2 days and each revision took about one day. From what I've heard of all the SCT tuners, it takes them 4 days to write an initial tune. My one good friend uses Lund and he says it takes about 4 days to get a response if he emails them. DS tuners have very quick response times at least for me.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Diablo sucks when it comes to customer service. I would never buy their product again just for this. SCT on the other hand has awesome customer service. They really impressed me. :thumbsup:
I didn't have much luck with Diablo either, but I didn't deal with them for long. There was a popular guy on the forums who everyone recommended for custom tuning using the Diablo Intune and Trinity, and his service was 100x better. That tends to be the case though when you're dealing with corporations vs. individuals.

OP
OP

Moi16gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What kind of hp gains did you get on the gt with the trinity?

S550Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT base performance pack
Just to throw it out there, ive never had to wait more then a few hours to hear back from lund on any revisions as long as it was within buisness hours. I know thats off topic but i felt lund was getting misrepresented there. Good luck with diablo, i wasnt tracking them doing tunes for ford either.
Sponsored