Sponsored

The Trinity fits (Dave Perciak)

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
Interview by Car magazine in Europe with Mustang's chief engineer Dave Perciak.

The 5.8-litre supercharged engine? We’ve not excluded it from fitting. Modifications will have to be made, but will it go under the hood? Yes, it will…

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/S...ures/Fords-chief-engineer-talks-2015-Mustang/

So the totally unfounded rumor that it won't fit is now dead.

Note that there will be another model previewed at the Detroit show next month. Nobody is saying what it is yet, but it might be this.
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I'm hoping the rumors surrounding the Voodoo engine come true, and that is what will be unveiled soon. The Trinity was an awesome engine but it doesn't seem to fit the athleticism this new car brings.

OP
OP

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clearly "voodoo" is further out, and it's not a 600+ HP engine anyway. And since Trinity was paid for, it could be offered for, say, 2 years.
Some minor tubing and etc has to be changed, but nothing major. The space between the frame rails and the shock towers is identical in this car, so it's just a matter of height. And we've already seen spy pics of a special edition with a taller hood, and a big heat extractor.

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
So it fits but will they use it again.... I'm thinking no if they have to heavily modify it.

OP
OP

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not at all - the width of the engine compartment is identical. There wouldn't be any heavy mods... only wiring and perhaps the radiator hoses.

Sponsored

Haz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FPV GS Superchanged V8
Sounds like there is some negativity about the trinity , the s550 is a wider car so there is no reason why it can't fit… + Need that bigger capacity motor to keep that torque up to the other big 2. 5.8Ltr would be welcomed back in Aust been starved for those type of cubes in a Ford for many years !

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
So lighter and 667? Yep I'll take one :D

Sponsored

BlackDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
If you have to modify the engine compartment, then it doesn't fit. IMO, you are MAKING it fit...

Which means, something will have to be compromised.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
If you have to modify the engine compartment, then it doesn't fit. IMO, you are MAKING it fit...

Which means, something will have to be compromised.
If back read a couple of post you'll see where the engine bay is the same width, and heavy mods wouldn't be needed, maybe some harnesses and hoses, I would add maybe some module locations or something like that. But they wouldn't have to sacrifice anything really. I for one would love to see a IRS lighter trinity mustang even if it is just a year or two. Ultra collectable.

TearTheHorizon

Threads
Reaction score
There was a huge debate over this topic a while back on this forum, I said it then and ill say it now. It fits. There is no adverse side effects of this engine.
-other than traction.

stable68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport
Find it pretty amazing that they could make it fit, but i guess its a good thing. Also find it pretty amazing that the only parts carried over from s197 are some bolts and fitting pieces. Even the floor pan is all new and not modified s197 like we all thought.
Sponsored