The Trinity fits (Dave Perciak)

Mercedestech77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
16 DIB GT PP
I remember someone on this site state that the Trinity engine plant/line was shutting down for 10 months for changes? Maybe that is what he is referring to.

Haz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FPV GS Superchanged V8
I remember someone on this site state that the Trinity engine plant/line was shutting down for 10 months for changes? Maybe that is what he is referring to.
Yer but would like to see more solid info on that! until then its rumor to me. And yeah wheelspin rules:thumbsup:

DMV

And why not DMV?...What does ye know???
I said what I know. The Trinity engine dies with the Trinity GT500.

In 2018 you will see a new king of the hill. I'll say this, that won't be the first performance model you will see.

Haz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FPV GS Superchanged V8
I said what I know. The Trinity engine dies with the Trinity GT500.

In 2018 you will see a new king of the hill. I'll say this, that won't be the first performance model you will see.
Hmmmm:gossip: c'mon fill us in !

Sponsored

TearTheHorizon

Threads
Reaction score
The line that produces the 5.8 is shut down. Projected a minimum of 10 months.
I dont know why, but it is speculated that it is changing over to the voodoo engine.

TearTheHorizon

Threads
Reaction score
Currently the voodoo is based off of a PTWA 5.2 coyote. But it isnt in production form. It isn't, for a simple term, stable.

Some prototypes have a ...different... crank.
Some.
Testing is still underway however.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Currently the voodoo is based off of a PTWA 5.2 coyote. But it isnt in production form. It isn't, for a simple term, stable.

Some prototypes have a ...different... crank.
Some.
Testing is still underway however.
So, both cross plane and flat plane are being testing in Voodoo?

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
I wanna hear more rumors about this new king of the hill car for 2018! next car will be a cobra or a C7 Z06.

86GT

Threads
Reaction score
curious how much different the motors are between the FPC and CPC. With all the updates they put in the revised 5.0 for 2015, I don't see why they couldn't just set up a 5.2 CPC for 7800rpm, add DI, bigger TB (dual TBs ala 350-370z?), slightly bigger cams, throw in a set of forged pistons to raise the compression since it would be DI, and do something a little out of the ordinary like factory longtubes to get 550+ hp. Couple that with some weight reduction and you'd have a 550hp, 7800rpm screamer weighing under 3500lbs - it'd be quite the car.

I can only seem them not abandoning the now apparently problematic FPC if they see a lot (as in a ridiculous amount of HP) of potential with it. Honestly, I trust the Ford engineers, but why deviate from a formula you've been working with for decades when the cross plane crank is more than capable? I almost feel like they're just trying to make it work to be different if it is indeed true that it's not stable.

Regardless, I expect whatever the first SE is to be a performer.

Brew_WY

Threads
Reaction score
Personally I would pass on both the Voodoo and Trinity for the engine out of a TT 5.0 CJ. That alone would make me happy. FordRacing lists BorgWarner as the supplier which of course makes sense. According to this article it is the same as what they use on the ecoboosts which on the F150 is a K03 I believe.

TT 5.0 CJ Article

Now to dream a little::ford:

What would be awesome (and make it better) is if they would bring BorgWarner's EFR line of turbo's to the 5.0. Drop compression to somewhere around 9:1 add DI (as much as I don't want them to) and crank up the boost. EFR turbos are an amazing piece and would have the potential to take Mustang to a factory perfomance level never seen. And doing it all without trying to reinvent the wheel by using FPC technology. Which isn't "new" technology, but new for Ford. Very excited about the new Mustang and I can't wait to put one in my garage. :headbang:
Sponsored