GT_Roadcourse_Newb

noob@cartech,prefer2drive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-PP::2000 Honda s2000::1996 Nissan Maxima
Nor am I, but I agree. The higher the temperature delta (between the fluid and the air passing through the radiator) the faster it'll lose heat, so pumping hot fluid through at a faster rate won't cool any specific bit of that fluid more than if it were passed through more slowly but it should cool the system as a whole faster.
Had a similar thought about delta temps.
Further, thinking more about it... assuming the cooler's exiting oil would ideally be jetting almost immediately into the differential, the faster cooler oil hits the working parts the better, maybe.
Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
New Hood Available

This is a new hood from KoHr Motorsports. I stole the pictures from Dean's post. Pretty sure this will eliminate all lift and heat issues under the hood. This way you don't need to chop up your factory hood.

We are willing to supply them to Customers in Florida (Especially Central Florida) I spoke with Dean about it, he is onboard.

$1429 For the Carbon Street Hood.
$999 for the Fiberglass Version.

"The cool thing is that it has removable panels on the under-side to prevent water getting on top of your engine if it rains. They are removable. The screens are removable for max aero also..." - Dean

I will handle the freight to Florida and you can either pick up or if I have enough interest I may deliver/meet half way. If 3 people in other areas outside of Florida want to get together and pick a shipping spot that works as well. The cost to ship single hoods is just too expensive.

Obviously freight is the massive issue involving hoods. We are willing to absorb that and work with anyone to get the hood to them assuming they are in our area.

Let us know you can contact through our website or here via PM.
13912677_10210550471505871_7429809599847631349_n.jpg
13920562_10210550547587773_2325270366405019431_o.jpg
13680159_10210550472865905_6567392994157309457_o.jpg

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
I love what Dean has done with Mustangs over the last 20 years but that hood is bleh! Too fast and Furious for me. They have the Anderson Composites Heat Extractor hood on Nate Stacy's T/A2 racer that I think looks much cleaner and should perform as well. Just my opinion.
Steve
[/URL][/IMG]

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Thoughts???

Trans and diff cooling pumps...

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Steve, as long as the pumps are filled with a little bit of oil on first start up they should work fine. The suppliers we have worked with have said not to use any type of filters (on gear pumps - I think the Tiltons are diaphram) so the only thing you need to be sure of is they have enough initial prime to work. Cage looks really nice. Was that done local?

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Steve, as long as the pumps are filled with a little bit of oil on first start up they should work fine. The suppliers we have worked with have said not to use any type of filters (on gear pumps - I think the Tiltons are diaphram) so the only thing you need to be sure of is they have enough initial prime to work. Cage looks really nice. Was that done local?
Will do...make sure they are filled before starting.

Cage was done by Watson up in Michigan...really nice work

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Trans and diff cooling pumps...
Since it looks like you are moving along with the install make sure you keep in mind that you may someday add a fuel cell and relocate the batt to the trunk as well. My concern would be having to move things around if the fuel cell gets added and having to do everything twice.

I would find the dim for a fuel cell you would likely need and make a card board cut out of its foot print and lay that were it will need to be, then place the pumps and coolers around that so they only have to be done once.

Your car looks very similar to mine.

Dave
trunk 1.jpg

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Since it looks like you are moving along with the install make sure you keep in mind that you may someday add a fuel cell and relocate the batt to the trunk as well. My concern would be having to move things around if the fuel cell gets added and having to do everything twice.

I would find the dim for a fuel cell you would likely need and make a card board cut out of its foot print and lay that were it will need to be, then place the pumps and coolers around that so they only have to be done once.

Your car looks very similar to mine.

Dave
AAArrrgggghhhh!!! I knew I should have asked long ago! :lol:I've already put the battery at the back of the spare tire well...and the trans/diff cooler is going into the front of the spare tire well. Well, if it ever comes to a fuel cell, than I'll be shuffling. Thanks :thumbsup:

Your car looks way neater/cleaner than mine.... it's a mess. Hopefully will be mobile soon and we can see what kind of numbers we can ring out of it...can't wait to weight it;)

Sponsored

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
AAArrrgggghhhh!!! I knew I should have asked long ago!

Your car looks way neater/cleaner than mine.... it's a mess. Hopefully will be mobile soon and we can see what kind of numbers we can ring out of it...can't wait to weight it;)
No problem feel free to ask about any part of the build, I am not saying what I did is the best but so far it has worked out fairly well.

I stopped keeping track of the weight of my car for now as most of the remaining mods will be weight neutral unless I am willing to spend mucho bucks on weight mods. I am building the car to a T1 spec and they keep raising the min. weight for the class to balance performance. I will not be anywhere near min. weight unless the car and I go on a very deep diet (mostly me I could stand to loose 50lbs). I can tell you that I was surprised at how much weight the cage added to the car, I was expecting like 150 lbs and it was more than 200 lbs. I had my car down to 3358 before the cage and no fuel. Now with the cage, dual racing seats, most of the dash, fire system, and 3/5ths a tank of fuel I am at 3586. I can get another 75-100lbs out if I start spending money. I will eventually have to do it but for now I want to spend my time and money on the track doing HPDE events and trying to understand the setup. Dont know what you had before the S550, I had been tracking my NSX, but this car is a hoot on track and as long as it is reliable it is going to be one of the all time best track cars when you factor in cost. There is a lot of bang for the buck with this thing.

Sorry to the OP for derailing the thread.

Dave

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No problem feel free to ask about any part of the build, I am not saying what I did is the best but so far it has worked out fairly well.

I stopped keeping track of the weight of my car for now as most of the remaining mods will be weight neutral unless I am willing to spend mucho bucks on weight mods. I am building the car to a T1 spec and they keep raising the min. weight for the class to balance performance. I will not be anywhere near min. weight unless the car and I go on a very deep diet (mostly me I could stand to loose 50lbs). I can tell you that I was surprised at how much weight the cage added to the car, I was expecting like 150 lbs and it was more than 200 lbs. I had my car down to 3358 before the cage and no fuel. Now with the cage, dual racing seats, most of the dash, fire system, and 3/5ths a tank of fuel I am at 3586. I can get another 75-100lbs out if I start spending money. I will eventually have to do it but for now I want to spend my time and money on the track doing HPDE events and trying to understand the setup. Dont know what you had before the S550, I had been tracking my NSX, but this car is a hoot on track and as long as it is reliable it is going to be one of the all time best track cars when you factor in cost. There is a lot of bang for the buck with this thing.

Sorry to the OP for derailing the thread.

Dave
I hear ya! Will PM you for details on some weight stuff when I get a chance. Tell me what you (all of youze guys) think of this cooler setup. We're using a Derale double cooler to do both trans and diff (AN8 size in & out). Think this will be enough??? Do you think I should duct air in from outside? Or will the fan be enough??

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I just noticed the Challengers have cooling fins on their Diff covers...

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
We're using a Derale double cooler to do both trans and diff (AN8 size in & out). Think this will be enough??? Do you think I should duct air in from outside? Or will the fan be enough??
Well I would rather see the cooler outside the car, did you cut out the trunk under the cooler and relocate the charcoal canister from under the car? You would then need to push the air through the coolers with the fan and out the bottom of the spare tire area to under the car. Another option is to duct air in and out of the tire area. Without getting the air out of the trunk you will heat soak the air in the trunk as it is recirculated through the coolers. That setup will add a lot of ambient heat to the interior of the car even with block off plates.

The fan and cooler will be fine as far as size goes, the heat load from a manual trans is not that bad and the diff is not that much either. If you can setup the pump and fan to run on a thermostat with the key off or from a manual switch on the dash that would be best. You want the pumps and cooler fan to continue to run after the car is shut down back in the pits and keep running until the min temp is reached. Most of the setups I have seen will run 3-5 min after the car makes it back into the pits.

Dave

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
I would love a finned diff cover plate like my old M3 race car, if anyone was so inclined to cast or mill one.
Sponsored