Sponsored

Tech Pack Class Action Lawsuit

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
Today is the first day of the scheduled two week trial regarding the overheating base/tech transmission. From what I have read so far it appears the judge is siding with the owners .
Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'll be honest. I bought the GT350 tech used and expected to lightly if any track the car. I didn't realize it couldn't finish a 30 minute track session though. I understood after the facts that without cooling that it wouldn't be possible which was fine. Then I read that Arizona or Texas folks were getting stuck in limp mode in regular traffic, well... ford... you blew it there. I hope they do make it right.

FORD knows what they did though because they hid the Transmission Oil Cooler temp away from base and tech drivers when the sensor was there. If they can't see those figures they won't complain, we'll... you could have gotten away with it had the car not limped in regular traffic.

I suggest all tech owners to enable their tran oil temp so they can see it in their gauges and monitor it as needed.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Ford stock is under so much pressure and CEO is cutting. FP is going away, see's no value with racing.
Interesting. FP going away. Whats your sources?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Today is the first day of the scheduled two week trial regarding the overheating base/tech transmission. From what I have read so far it appears the judge is siding with the owners .
Link(s)? And are you referring to anything newer than this?
https://www.hbsslaw.com/uploads/cas...artanddenying-in-partfordsmotiontodismiss.pdf

02/04/19: Case Update
After the resounding defeat of Ford’s motion to dismiss, the 2016 Shelby GT350 class action lawsuit is actively moving through the discovery phase. Counsel for Plaintiffs are currently reviewing tens of thousands of Ford documents and are preparing to take depositions of key Ford employees. Plaintiffs will move for class certification in the next few months and a trial is currently scheduled for late 2019.
Interesting. FP going away. Whats your sources?
Lemme guess....his dealer told him that.

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Sponsored

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2010 VW GTI, 2016 Mustang GT350
Have you confirmed that the trial has started? I have been trying to contact the law firm about this and they have not replied.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Have you confirmed that the trial has started? I have been trying to contact the law firm about this and they have not replied.
The trial has not started yet... At least not in the case that is pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida. I just pulled up the case docket in PACER. The case went to mediation in October but did not settle at mediation. The trial was continued in December on the joint motion of the parties. A jury trial is currently set for 10/28/2019.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Imagine picking through the jury pool for that one...

Sponsored

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
Link(s)? And are you referring to anything newer than this?
https://www.hbsslaw.com/uploads/cas...artanddenying-in-partfordsmotiontodismiss.pdf

Lemme guess....his dealer told him that.
I read that the the two week trial was to begin on February 4 2019 right on Hagens Berman website. I see that never happened?? Just an update there now with that date on it.I noticed it around the end of January so not sure if it was a mistake or I misunderstood. Sorry bout that.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Welcome to America - where you can fail to do adequate research on a $60k purchase and then sue for it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm great and everyone else is an idiot. Yay me.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Don’t pay me any attention - it just hits a nerve with me ....having probably less to do with cars, specifically and mostly to do with the devolving sense of personal responsibility in the world. Call me hyper-sensitive but I’ll still have a drink with tech pack owners :)
Sponsored