Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docsteph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 tech
What is truly amazing is everyone is arguing about limp mode. It's so amazingly simple, the transmission in a tech is running more than 40 degrees to over 80 degrees hotter and unknown how much hotter the differential runs. This or these are the issues. If Ford didn't intend the tech to be a track animal, how did they intend the transmission and differential to have a life span that was normal? At these elevated temps there will be premature failure, if one solution is to change fluids more frequently then why isn't that stated.
Clearly failure of transmission or differential may be under warranty but what really happens when one fails? Is it safe? Or can it be catastrophic? Is it reasonable to not track a car but have a shorter life span for the transmission and differential then the trackable cars?
If your hormones would calm down maybe u all would work this thru more logically. It's not about track or limp, it's about expectation of vital components which are very reasonable.
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
What is truly amazing is everyone is arguing about limp mode. It's so amazingly simple, the transmission in a tech is running more than 40 degrees to over 80 degrees hotter and unknown how much hotter the differential runs. This or these are the issues. If Ford didn't intend the tech to be a track animal, how did they intend the transmission and differential to have a life span that was normal? At these elevated temps there will be premature failure, if one solution is to change fluids more frequently then why isn't that stated.
Clearly failure of transmission or differential may be under warranty but what really happens when one fails? Is it safe? Or can it be catastrophic? Is it reasonable to not track a car but have a shorter life span for the transmission and differential then the trackable cars?
If your hormones would calm down maybe u all would work this thru more logically. It's not about track or limp, it's about expectation of vital components which are very reasonable.
You have no idea if it will lead to premature failure. You dont know if 40 degrees hotter is detrimental to the transmission. So your entire argument is based on assumption.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yes, I know Ford is a business. You know what else matters in business? Soft cost. The cost of alienating customers. The cost of bad decisions.

How many GT350 buyers are considering ZL1s now because of this? Those are things that businesses (like Ford) need to be thinking about or suffer for later. Like I said, this isn't a Fiesta. This is a halo car. You sell MORE Fiestas if people want your halo car, it's as simple as that.

LOL. Okay...I'm on acid for saying public opinion can sway business decisions. Maybe you should go ahead an re-think that one before I waste any more time explaining it to you. I don't have enough time or this site have enough bandwidth to share that many examples of how wrong you are.

"The Customer is Always Wrong"... SAID NO BUSINESS EVER.

Call them idiots all you want, but the fact remains that public opinion can sway a lot here, and it's a legit concern. That's their perception, and they'll respond with their dollars....Ford is a business, as you love saying so much, and business is ruled by dollars. The cost of installing more transmission coolers in limited production cars is PEANUTS to losing the sale of them by losing the trust of your clientele.
The problem is - when this suit is explained to anyone outside of this circle, the first thing they ask is "why didn't they buy the other one for the track?". Not making that up - The suit got some good press - enough for people who know I have a 350 ask me about it. They honed right in on one being called a track package. So, I'm not sure public opinion is going to care much about the long version of the argument that you want to make, and Ford knows it.

Docsteph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 tech
You have no idea if it will lead to premature failure. You dont know if 40 degrees hotter is detrimental to the transmission. So your entire argument is based on assumption.
Really? Ask any reputable transmission guy. And why do SUVs and pickups with towing packages have coolers? It's cause heat is damaging period and that's a fact, do you have a fact that's contrary? Where excessive heat recurrently is beneficial? Or not harmful?
Ford was given multiple opportunities to offer a fix to all owners at at price greater than the difference in price between 2016 and 2017 by 2k and maintaining warranty, they were not interested , no free ride, everyone had skin in the offer, Ford chose not to listen!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I never claimed the customer is always wrong. I said the customer CAN be wrong, and simply because someone believes something to be true, doesn't make it true. Not sure how you can confuse that. I'm also not saying you are on acid; it is called satire. IF you, or any individual for that matter, believes that their perception is reality, then they must be out of their minds. I can believe myself as being the best driver in the world, it doesn't make it reality. I can believe that my car will beat every other out there, doesn't make it a reality.

In regards to alienating customers, i 100% agree with you. Whether the customers are in fact, wrong, or not in their beliefs/assumptions they made, that can and will absolutely affect how they view Ford and where they bring their business next time around, I absolutely agree with you on that. I also absolutely agree that it would cost them next to nothing to simply give in and fix it all to get everyone to shutup.

But the truth of the matter? They don't care about getting them to shutup. They make more profit off of 1 month's sales in F150's than they will in an entire model year of the GT350. They also know that for every customer they potentially piss off whom will leave and go to GM/Dodge/whoever, there is a customer of their's that is also pissed off or feel "slighted" by GM/Dodge/whoever that Ford can/may gain back.

End of the day, we both know they can't please everyone, because if they focused on that it would mean cutting way into their profits, and even then they would probably piss off someone else. They spend the money immediately and provide coolers for free, all Tech owners are delighted, they piss off and alienate Track/R owners who paid extra for those same items. They give all of us a rebate, and they directly cut into their profits which then affects future decisions on whether special projects are even worth it or not.

I would personally like to see them offer a solution that Tech owners must pay for that includes an OEM level warranty, as I think that is a fair solution. However, I would stand behind them in denying hand outs and rather those who don't receive the handouts be pissed off, rather than give in due to customer's who made uneducated decisions or based their decisions on beliefs. If we can make any company bend to our will because we wish to believe in something that does not hold with reality/proven science, then I don't think that company is going to be inclined to ever cater or go out of their way for the very small minority that we are in the future regarding new special projects, and stick with much less interesting but "safe" bets.
Great post and I agree. A solution that would be covered under warranty, would be agreeable at a fair price (say, the upcharge between the 16 and 17 plus a small dealer fee for install).

I'll open myself up here and be brutally honest (that's right, I've been holding back! :) ). If I'm honest - I'd admit that it would irk me a bit to see 16 owners get something for free. Why? I knew what I wanted for 16, the improved electronics and track package together - only available as an R model. I researched it, I paid out the ass for it. In 17 I would probably have just bought a non-r, to be honest. The feeling I get from these "efforts" is that the primary issue is that people want all of the options that were available for 17 - regardless if they ever intend to use them. If 16 tech peeps get a free upgrade, I'll damn well feel like I deserve some kind of comp - being that they forced me to buy an R at a much higher price. 16 track pack owners should also get a comp in the form of sync3 or monetary, if they don't wish to have their car torn apart.

The radio was horribly deficient, according to most, for a $60k car. Ford upgraded it slightly for 17. I don't see a class action kicking around to get the 16 guys their upgraded audio...

That being said, I'm done with it. Enjoy your cars, fellas. I'll chat you in the other thread where we aren't arguing all the time.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Really? Ask any reputable transmission guy. And why do SUVs and pickups with towing packages have coolers? It's cause heat is damaging period and that's a fact, do you have a fact that's contrary? Where excessive heat recurrently is beneficial? Or not harmful?
Ford was given multiple opportunities to offer a fix to all owners at at price greater than the difference in price between 2016 and 2017 by 2k and maintaining warranty, they were not interested , no free ride, everyone had skin in the offer, Ford chose not to listen!
Lol towing package. You mean like a track package??? Think you answeres your own question. Ford sells quite a few trucks and some dint have coolers you know.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
The problem is - when this suit is explained to anyone outside of this circle, the first thing they ask is "why didn't they buy the other one for the track?". Not making that up - The suit got some good press - enough for people who know I have a 350 ask me about it. They honed right in on one being called a track package. So, I'm not sure public opinion is going to care much about the long version of the argument that you want to make, and Ford knows it.
Good point. The CLAS is asking for a jury trial. If social media is a representation of public opinion, if this goes to court it wont do so hot.

Docsteph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 tech
You all argue because u leave the facts and science by the wayside and argue over assumptions. Tough to argue physical properties of lubricants and gears exposed to recurrently abnormal heat. The viscosity changes and so do the physical properties of many of these fluids after cooling.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
You all argue because u leave the facts and science by the wayside and argue over assumptions. Tough to argue physical properties of lubricants and gears exposed to recurrently abnormal heat. The viscosity changes and so do the physical properties of many of these fluids after cooling.

You leave the facts by the wayside. You:
1) Have no idea what operating temperatures are "safe" for the transmission
2) What the temperatures the transmission fluid brakes down
3) What the life of the transmission fluid is at different temperatures

You literally have no information to base your opinion on.

Sure a fluids properties change at certain temperatures. How does that support your argument?

Last edited:

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Here's my advice.
SELL IT

So you don't know why a non-track worthy car has a "Track mode". That's all you had to say, just say "I don't know" it's really easy.

Here's some advice for you.... learn reading comprehension. I've said over and over, I'll fix mine. Doesn't mean the car should have ever left Ford needing fixed. My car has hit limp mode on the street in 60 degree weather with mildly spirited driving. That's a fact and I have witnesses. Sorry if that doesn't fit your arrogant ass argument. Quit being such a low life troll. Go post about how great you are and what a good decision you made in buying your car because you knew the tech cars would have heat issues at the slightest sign of driving above 55 somewhere where someone cares.

If this thread bothers you guys so much quit reading it, it's that simple.

Sponsored

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
So you don't know why a non-track worthy car has a "Track mode". That's all you had to say, just say "I don't know" it's really easy.

Here's some advice for you.... learn reading comprehension. I've said over and over, I'll fix mine. Doesn't mean the car should have ever left Ford needing fixed. My car has hit limp mode on the street in 60 degree weather with mildly spirited driving. That's a fact and I have witnesses. Sorry if that doesn't fit your arrogant ass argument. Quit being such a low life troll. Go post about how great you are and what a good decision you made in buying your car because you knew the tech cars would have heat issues at the slightest sign of driving above 55 somewhere where someone cares.

Lmao. Ok now I'm a troll.
Can't fix what isn't broken. The only thing broken is your heart.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
Yea but your radio and seats suck.....
No actually my seats are awesome and who listens to the radio when you have a voodoo with headers and on the track?
Oh wait I forgot, you do. Your cars a tech. When it hits limp mode, you can use nav and those nice heated/cooled seats on your slow ass ride home.

What part of Ohio are you in because I'm 5 miles from Toledo.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I can see this thread getting locked or edited soon.

Yep [MENTION=21788]Tank[/MENTION], I posted again.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.

Actually I do know why it hits limp mode. What I'm saying is 99% of the people are just on the band wagon. Lemers just said at least two times he's never even hit limp mode but yet he's complaining every time he post.
Take some of your own advice. Learn to read and comprehend, I wasn't even talking to you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.