CASEADVISOR CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT-OIL CONSUMPTION/STARVATION

Discussion in 'Shelby GT350 Mustang' started by LFG_Cory, Oct 17, 2019.

1. JR369

JR369 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT350R
    0   0   0
    Hmm. I thought and used to do the same thing. Until I got tired of my 07 6.7L Dodge MegaCab 4x4 Laramie that I bought brand new throwing codes every month. Spending days on end at the dealership. So, in 2011 I got another letter informing me that the class action suite was still going. I said wtf and I called the lawyer representing and he said send me all your paperwork from your visits to the dealer. Nothing to lose and only to gain if you got a case. Luckily I kept that stack of paperwork in my maintenance binder for that truck. I keep binders for all my vehicles. 3 months later out of the blue I received a check for $11k. The settlement was for $14k. The lawyer took $3k. He said I was highest payout he's seen. Because I kept all my paperwork and was very detailed. So, in order to accept the settlement I had to agree to not sue Dodge again for that vehicle. I since straight piped and tuned the truck and daily drive it now with 98K on it. No issues since. 5th Wheel.jpg

MikeR397 and LFG_Cory like this.
  2. johnny1

johnny1 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 GM truck (Had both new a 16 and 17 Shelby GT 350)
    0   0   0
    Most of the time (not always) only the lawyers make money on a class action law suit.

3. SVO MkII

SVO MkII Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP
    0   0   0
    Bingo! 1/3 to the lawyers, 2/3 spread among thousands of potential class members.

4. Evo42

Evo42 Member

First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT350 - Ruby Red
    Logistics Coordinator
    0   0   0
    My 19 GT350 had an oil pump failure about 7 miles down the road ... FROM THE DEALERSHIP. Brand new. The dealership took care of me. Three times. The motor was replaced with the oil pump failure. Then the shift rod kept sliding through the bearing after that. They replaced the entire shifter. Next was the transmission. The syncros inside the tremec weren't allowing for swift shifts from 2nd to 3rd. 4th to 3rd was fine. I advised a mechanic to rid with me to prove that I knew how to shift and to witness the issue. Ford authorized a brand new transmission to be shipped overnight. In no way am I knock on Ford or the Dealership here in Tyler, tx. They took care of me, fixed the issue, and did what they were supposed to. Not I'm coming up on 39xx miles with no issues. She's my daily, too.

Things happen, but I was taken care of each time. That's what I care about. So, yes. It'll be hard to stick a lawsuit when the company is known to act on the warranty without issue.

5. dguzzi

dguzzi Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
    0   0   0
    I enjoyed a class action payout once. 10$ yee haw!

6. Demonic

Demonic Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Austin
    Vehicle(s):
    GT350R
    0   0   0
    Blown engine on the way home from the dealership? You may win for unluckiest 2019 so far.

jvandy50 likes this.
  7. Robracer

Robracer Active Member

First Name:
    Robbie
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang Ecoboost with performance package
    0   0   0
    #22 Robracer, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    If the crap engine blows, do yourself a favor put a LS engine in then put that Ford plastic engine covers on it and no one will be the wiser!

8. Droopy1592

Droopy1592 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Damien
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 GT350
    0   0   0
    Been in the dealer for almost two months over oil consumption, driving a loaner. Is that a loss?

JR369 likes this.
  9. JR369

JR369 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT350R
    0   0   0
    In my case against Dodge outlined in my pervious post, down time/shop time was a huge factor. Along with no corrective resolution. It was always in the shop to get O2 sensors and turbo cleanings. 4 years of it. I took it to the dealer EVERY time I got a CEL. That's what I have a warranty for.

10. Evo42

Evo42 Member

First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT350 - Ruby Red
    Logistics Coordinator
    0   0   0
    It was pretty unlucky. The ironic thing was, I had the sales guy with me when the lights came on for low oil pressure. Again, they took care of me and I haven't had issues since they replaced the shifter, tranny, and the engine. It just seems like I got the unlucky draw this bout, but in the end it's worth it to me. She's running strong now.

This can depend on your state. Your best bet is to talk to your DMV. Usually if the car has been in the shop for more than 30 days for repairs that would render the vehicle inoperable, then yes. Such as engine, sensors, etc. The only things that doesn't count are things like your radio, paint, etc. With them providing you with a loaner, maybe not. Some states require a loaner be given to you. If one wasn't then it certainly would qualify as a lemon. Ford has a buyback policy as well, so you could also go that route. Talk to your dealership and the DMV. The latter in regards to Lemon Laws if you go that route. Normally the dealership and company (like Ford) will be willing to work with you. You just need to reach out to them and voice your concerns politely.