CASEADVISOR CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT-OIL CONSUMPTION/STARVATION

Gabe120

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350, 18' Alfa Romeo 4C
Be happy with warranty engine replacements. There are no damages if Ford replaces engines under warranty. No damages equals no case.
Yeah, exactly!
Sponsored

psipwrd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 LB/Black Stripes
At some point, Ford stop replacing engines and hid behind the owner's supplement stating the engine can consume up to a quart every 500 miles under "severe use." This is a bogus claim if they can't determine or show the use was severe.

A year ago, I pulled my dipstick and it was bone dry after maybe 2000 miles of driving. I took the car to Ford and they kept it about a month. When they gave me the car back, they said drive it 1000 miles and return so they can evaluate the consumption. After looking at the car, they determined the oil was overfilled, which could mean the tech overfilled it to avoid seeing consumption when I returned. They told me to drive it another 1000 miles and return, at which point they claimed consumption was normal. All this was after Ford released the 500 mile consumption statement so for them to evaluate my issue, that shows it was not normal.

I have a second car and drove it most of the time since this all began. When going in for service this time, I checked the oil before and there was maybe a quarter of an inch on the dipstick after about 2000 miles of driving. When they took the car in this time, they stated the "severe use" clause and lined through "low oil" on my list of concerns.

I drive to and from work for 99% of the miles on the car and I may hit 4k rpms at most. The other 1 percent is a weekend where I just get out and drive, and may hit 6-7k a few times. I have a 17 GT350 with 32,600 miles on it. If my engine fails, I'm getting a lawyer.