Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
I'm one of the people that isn't looking for anything for free (as I think most are), but when I read hilarious stuff along the lines of "If '16 base/tech pack owners get something for free, then I want something for free." I really start hoping that we do get a solution for free because...how entertaining will it be to see that?!? :) These people think the "limp mode" CALS is baseless. I really want to see that petty and childish reasoning in a court of law. I'm sure Hagens Berman will jump right on that one once the current suit is resolved! :lol:
Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I'm one of the people that isn't looking for anything for free (as I think most are), but when I read hilarious stuff along the lines of "If '16 base/tech pack owners get something for free, then I want something for free." I really start hoping that we do get a solution for free because...how entertaining will it be to see that?!? :) These people think the "limp mode" CALS is baseless, I really want to see that petty and childish reasoning in a court of law. :lol:
Won't look any worse than the current pointing of fingers saying "I believed I was buying a magical unicorn that defied the laws of thermodynamics and we want a handout because its your (Ford's) fault that we falsely believed our car was more capable than it is. We believe it should have been so, so pay out." :doh: :crazy: :lol:

Genuinely hope they make it so the new transmission is warrantied, and hopefully they can develop something for the rear diff. But as Voodooo pointed out in the past, if you look at the two MY16 packages available, it could have been argued that the Track package was indeed overpriced considering what you got in comparison to the prices that they now want for Tech owners to buy the track transmission.

Considering buying the transmission itself isn't going to automatically void your engine warranty for example, and considering it's actually priced significantly lower than what Track Pack owner's paid, it almost fair as is honestly. Hell, if the new trans failed, they could pretty much buy another and still would barely break over the price difference between a MY16 and MY17. Food for thought :shrug::ninja:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Actually I do know why it hits limp mode. What I'm saying is 99% of the people are just on the band wagon. Lemers just said at least two times he's never even hit limp mode but yet he's complaining every time he post.
Take some of your own advice. Learn to read and comprehend, I wasn't even talking to you.
Here it is a third time. I HAVENT HIT LIMP MODE YET.

I HAVENT DRIVEN IN THE HOTEST TIME OF THE YEAR.

I DONT GET REGULAR STOP AND GO TRAFFIC WHERE I CURRENTLY AM AT.

But that does not mean that it isn't a concern. Are you saying that this isn't a known issue that effects all Base/Tech owners?

Recalls are conducted all the time on cars that haven't had an issue yet. Should I've have been force to wait for my car to burst into flames before I got my oil lines change? I hadn't had an oil pressure issue yet either.

But that doesn't mean that are is a underlying problem and Limp Mode is just a symptom of that problem.

Am I complaining or am I providing counter points to a bunch of people who feel the need to troll this thread and the people with a true concern.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Won't look any worse than the current pointing of fingers saying "I believed I was buying a magical unicorn that defied the laws of thermodynamics and we want a handout because its your (Ford's) fault that we falsely believed our car was more capable than it is. We believe it should have been so, so pay out." :doh: :crazy: :lol:

Genuinely hope they make it so the new transmission is warrantied, and hopefully they can develop something for the rear diff. But as Voodooo pointed out in the past, if you look at the two MY16 packages available, it could have been argued that the Track package was indeed overpriced considering what you got in comparison to the prices that they now want for Tech owners to buy the track transmission.

Considering buying the transmission itself isn't going to automatically void your engine warranty for example, and considering it's actually priced significantly lower than what Track Pack owner's paid, it almost fair as is honestly. Hell, if the new trans failed, they could pretty much buy another and still would barely break over the price difference between a MY16 and MY17. Food for thought :shrug::ninja:

Ford made the comparison to the Mustang GT, so yes I believe that GT350 should be able to last as long on a track as a mustang GT.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
Here it is a third time. I HAVENT HIT LIMP MODE YET.

I HAVENT DRIVEN IN THE HOTEST TIME OF THE YEAR.

I DONT GET REGULAR STOP AND GO TRAFFIC WHERE I CURRENTLY AM AT.

But that does not mean that it isn't a concern. Are you saying that this isn't a known issue that effects all Base/Tech owners?

Recalls are conducted all the time on cars that haven't had an issue yet. Should I've have been force to wait for my car to burst into flames before I got my oil lines change? I hadn't had an oil pressure issue yet either.

But that doesn't mean that are is a underlying problem and Limp Mode is just a symptom of that problem.

Am I complaining or am I providing counter points to a bunch of people who feel the need to troll this thread and the people with a true concern.
Look the oil lines were recalled and yes they all needed replaced.
Not all or hardly any base/tech cars have even hit limp mode on street driving. Including yours. The limp mode is NOT A RECALL. GET IT?
Do you really think 10-20 complains that are suing ford are going to get ford to fix a car that many haven't even proven to hit limp mode in "safe normal lawfully driven manners"
Doing 60mph in a 40mph twisty mountain road is not legal. If it hits limp mode then tough shit you shouldn't be doing it at 60.
If you take your car to the track and it hits limp mode tough shit ford said you need coolers.
Keep calling me a troll I don't care. I just know that 95+ % of the people that have base/tech cars haven't even hit limp mode. If they did more would be on the lawsuit.

Besides it's not the engine. All voodoos are the same.
What do you expect ford to do? Give you a deep discount on a track/R trans and diff?
Should they give all track and R owners a refund then because of the coolers we "paid" for?

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Look the oil lines were recalled and yes they all needed replaced.
Not all or hardly any base/tech cars have even hit limp mode on street driving. Including yours. The limp mode is NOT A RECALL. GET IT?
Do you really think 10-20 complains that are suing ford are going to get ford to fix a car that many haven't even proven to hit limp mode in "safe normal lawfully driven manners"
Doing 60mph in a 40mph twisty mountain road is not legal. If it hits limp mode then tough shit you shouldn't be doing it at 60.
If you take your car to the track and it hits limp mode tough shit ford said you need coolers.
Keep calling me a troll I don't care. I just know that 95+ % of the people that have base/tech cars haven't even hit limp mode. If they did more would be on the lawsuit.

Besides it's not the engine. All voodoos are the same.
What do you expect ford to do? Give you a deep discount on a track/R trans and diff?
Should they give all track and R owners a refund then because of the coolers we "paid" for?

Again, show me where this car was marketed as a "safe normal lawfully driven manners" car? Every piece of Ford marketing showed the car on the track, next to the track, history of the GT350 and the track, and the best track mustang ever. Where does that imply "street only"? It doesn't. And that is what a few Track owners cant get. The power alone mandates that this car was meant to drive faster than speed limits, so that mandates track use.

Hell, Ford gave me the same Track engine, same track breaks, same track wheels, same track gear ratios. What where they marketing it for?

I understood that one was MORE track capable, but that nor Ford excluded the Base/Tech from their marketing it from the track.

If Ford intended to build a performance car that can only handle 10 mins of performance driving, then that would make them an unethical company.

If Ford didn't intend for the car to go into limp mode after 10 mins of performance driving then that would make them terrible engineers.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Our twisty mountain roads are anything between 35mph and 60mph, just saying.

Ford did NOT say you "need" coolers. They "recommended" adding them and suggested it "could" be a Ford Performance part package we could "buy" later. They didn't say we'd need a different transmission... at least when I ordered my car 9/11/15. By the way, this "disclaimer" was on page 25 of the Owner's manual.

I would expect a fair trade-in on my current transmission. I have no issue buying the other cooler components.

I am a 1st time Mustang buyer and fell for all the hype, I guess. Back in Sept. '15 I was given the rundown of the different models from the dealer...

Tech Pack: A car you can comfortably drive everyday and take it to the track on the weekends.
Track Pack: A weekend car you take to the track often.
R model: A car for the serious track enthusiast.

I drive my GT350 almost everyday & my trans temps have hit between 220-260 the last few days.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
Again, show me where this car was marketed as a "safe normal lawfully driven manners" car? Every piece of Ford marketing showed the car on the track, next to the track, history of the GT350 and the track, and the best track mustang ever. Where does that imply "street only"? It doesn't. And that is what a few Track owners cant get. The power alone mandates that this car was meant to drive faster than speed limits, so that mandates track use.

Hell, Ford gave me the same Track engine, same track breaks, same track wheels, same track gear ratios. What where they marketing it for?

I understood that one was MORE track capable, but that nor Ford excluded the Base/Tech from their marketing it from the track.

If Ford intended to build a performance car that can only handle 10 mins of performance driving, then that would make them an unethical company.

If Ford didn't intend for the car to go into limp mode after 10 mins of performance driving then that would make them terrible engineers.
I'm done arguing with stupid.
You had 4 options to choose from. You yourself chose the wrong car. Go blame ford and the moon for your choice. All you want is to bitch and complain because of something that hasn't even happened to you yet.
You don't track your car, you don't even drive your car and you HAVENT EVEN HIT LIMP MODE!! And yet you sit here for days months and weeks complaining about something that's not even happening to you. Give me a break. You want ford to do what? Give you a free repair?
Let's say ford offered to give you a transmission and you return yours. But you have to have a dealer install it and you have to pay the labor. You'll still cry about it. Try a Shelby trans scoop once see if it helps. No matter what someone says you'll just complain. Like I said, if you don't like the car sell it and go buy something else. Yeah go stick it to ford. I'm sure they'll be heart broken that you bought a GM. After all this only happens to fords. GM, dodge, Porsche, lambo, etc never had cooling issues on "factory race cars" :crazy:

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
Good luck that's all I'm going To say anymore. You won't win.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm done arguing with stupid.
You had 4 options to choose from. You yourself chose the wrong car. Go blame ford and the moon for your choice. All you want is to bitch and complain because of something that hasn't even happened to you yet.
You don't track your car, you don't even drive your car and you HAVENT EVEN HIT LIMP MODE!! And yet you sit here for days months and weeks complaining about something that's not even happening to you. Give me a break. You want ford to do what? Give you a free repair?
Let's say ford offered to give you a transmission and you return yours. But you have to have a dealer install it and you have to pay the labor. You'll still cry about it. Try a Shelby trans scoop once see if it helps. No matter what someone says you'll just complain. Like I said, if you don't like the car sell it and go buy something else. Yeah go stick it to ford. I'm sure they'll be heart broken that you bought a GM. After all this only happens to fords. GM, dodge, Porsche, lambo, etc never had cooling issues on "factory race cars" :crazy:
How is it Stupid? Because the Almighty Redline8250 has spoken? Well there are plenty of people who feel they were cheated by Ford, so its not as stupid as you might think.

Take the blinders off and look at what Ford was "claiming this car was supposed to be. They didn't deliver. Again, I'm not the only one to think this. So not so stupid. Yeah, bought the wrong car, because Ford overstated its ability.

You continue to talk like you know me. YOU DONT. So quit assuming because that make something out of you.

As I said I haven't tracked yet. My Nurburgring trip was rained out. They haven't had another Tourist Day yet.

What makes you think I 'don't even drive my car"? Again with the assuming. As I stated, yes it was delivered while I was deployed. I lost 9 months with my car. As I don't blame anyone for that. But I have driving it 6000 miles since Dec. DURING COOLER MONTHS. Also Germany isn't as hot in the summer as my home state of Texas. So, how do I know what is going to happen when I go home. Just cross my figures and hope for the best? Chalk is up to a $56K ford POS?

Buy the Shelby Scoop? Sure spend more money on something that hasn't proven to work. I already know how that debate will go.

"Shelby said it would reduce temps by 50 degrees, but it still hit limp mode."

"Well, Shelby didn't say how long, or what that 50 degrees was reduced to, or that it would prevent limp mode."

But I would consider the scoop once they can show that it will get through an HPDE session. And hopefully with cool down be a few more.

Would I take a free repair? Yes I would, I took a free repair of the oil lines and I'm not complaining that Ford fixed that.

Any fix that Ford comes up with, if involves money on my side, than I would have to consider my options. As I've said before and you haven't seem to have seen, the major block to what Ford offered was a "Retail priced" transmission and cooler package that has no warranty on the transmission and potentially voids the powertrain and drivetrain warranty.

Quit telling people to sell their cars. You don't know their situations. How about this, since you have coolers, quit reading threads about the cars that don't have coolers. This subject seems to bother your a lot for someone that isn't effected by it at all.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck that's all I'm going To say anymore. You won't win.
Honestly, I'm not even one of the names on the lawsuit. I'm over in Germany, and even though I'm sure I can signup, I don't know how it obligates me.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Ford made the comparison to the Mustang GT, so yes I believe that GT350 should be able to last as long on a track as a mustang GT.
So you want a car with significantly more power, and way higher RPM's, to be able to last as long on track as a the 5.0, all without coolers?

BTW, the Mustang GT either doesn't have limp mode programmed into it, or the car's capabilities (read as POWER + RPM) make it impossible for the car to even achieve the temperatures that the GT350 sees and reacts to with Limp Mode. It is far more likely that the car doesn't have it programmed in, just like the majority of cars out there.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So you want a car with significantly more power, and way higher RPM's, to be able to last as long on track as a the 5.0, all without coolers?

BTW, the Mustang GT either doesn't have limp mode programmed into it, or the car's capabilities (read as POWER + RPM) make it impossible for the car to even achieve the temperatures that the GT350 sees and reacts to with Limp Mode. It is far more likely that the car doesn't have it programmed in, just like the majority of cars out there.

A person who wants to track a mustang at an HPDE and is choosing between a 2016 Mustang GT and a 2016 GT350 base/tech.

Which one does he choose?

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Again...

When the GT350 was first released who knew there where 2 different transmissions? Most knew that coolers would be needed in Base and Tech packs if we wanted to do "serious" track duty.

Here's an exert from a 2015 press release which states ALL GT350's get the Tremec TR-3160.

"The high-revving 5.2-liter engine is paired with the much-lauded Tremec TR-3160 six-speed
manual transmission. The unit has been heavily revised for Shelby GT350 to cope with high engine
speeds and the rigors of track duty, and to provide the kind of precision engagement, smoothness,
and reduction in weight and rotating inertia demanded by Ford Performance."

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...350-350r-press-kit/innovative-engineering.pdf

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
A person who wants to track a mustang at an HPDE and is choosing between a 2016 Mustang GT and a 2016 GT350 base/tech.

Which one does he choose?
I was told any 2016 GT350 was by far a better car than the 2016 Mustang GT, but that was in 2015.

Apparently the 2016 base/tech cars are pieces of crap on track and we are morons for buying them. :doh::frusty:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.