Sponsored

Taller CFTP Wing standoff options ?

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I would really like to get a set of taller standoffs for my CFTP wing. The Multimatic mustang GT4 wing standoffs are higher than the OE ones and look about perfect IMO. I have tried my best to find a set of the Multimatic standoffs without success. Are their any aftermarket options for taller standoffs ? Anyone got a hook up on the Multimatic standoffs ?

TY
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I would really like to get a set of taller standoffs for my CFTP wing. The Multimatic mustang GT4 wing standoffs are higher than the OE ones and look about perfect IMO. I have tried my best to find a set of the Multimatic standoffs without success. Are their any aftermarket options for taller standoffs ? Anyone got a hook up on the Multimatic standoffs ?

TY
No, they are not. You have to blow someone to get those. There is a member here who has them, lol

If you want them bad enough, just close your eyes and think of Christmas.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
OP
OP
EF300

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
If he has a hair on his ass, he will be along shortly.

Lol my eyes are closed !

At some point I would hope the aftermarket would setup up and offer an option. I have seen posts where people were discussing machining custom uprights but I have never seen a final result.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
Lol my eyes are closed !

At some point I would hope the aftermarket would setup up and offer an option. I have seen posts where people were discussing machining custom uprights but I have never seen a final result.
I wonder if 5 spurs could do something like this?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Well, I suppose my non-blowing, hairy assed self has to respond.

Forget about getting them from the source that manufactures them. Long story short, that opportunity was killed by an overzealous vendor that started advertising he had complete wing assemblies (from Multimatic) in stock when he did not. The owner of Multimatic was none too happy and issued a company wide edict. I've suggested it before, your best bet is to contact a GT4 Mustang owning team that races in IMSA, etc. They just might have some spares. Unlikely but worth a shot.

Beyond that, you're a scan and some 5-axis away from owning a set. Shouldn't be this difficult but sadly that's the way it is. For now anyway.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Seriously, any machine shop can make these. Scan the two mounting positions for dimensions and then find someone with CAD experience to lengthen them. You’ll pay for the work but if you did a group buy you could spread the cost. Laser or water cut billet aluminum would probably be best for strength/weight ratio and you can powder coat, anodize, or paint them any color you want.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Seriously, any machine shop can make these. Scan the two mounting positions for dimensions and then find someone with CAD experience to lengthen them. You’ll pay for the work but if you did a group buy you could spread the cost. Laser or water cut billet aluminum would probably be best for strength/weight ratio and you can powder coat, anodize, or paint them any color you want.
I agree. But there is only one guy around here who has those mounts......

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I agree. But there is only one guy around here who has those mounts......
You don’t need the GT4 mounts to make your own. You can measure the mounting points and riser width of a stock support and then use CAD to draw it to the length you want. Any shop with a the right machines can cut them out of billet.
Only way I can see that not working is if the riser and base are one piece. I don’t own a CFTP to have that info.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Seriously, any machine shop can make these. Scan the two mounting positions for dimensions and then find someone with CAD experience to lengthen them.
I could see that for the CFTP base but not the GT4 base, in the context of "any machine shop." I thought the GT4 base had to be cast until I looked close and realized it was fully machined. The squared off CFTP base would be far easier to replicate.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I talked to 5 spurs they said they could, depending on how many people would want it.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I could see that for the CFTP base but not the GT4 base, in the context of "any machine shop." I thought the GT4 base had to be cast until I looked close and realized it was fully machined. The squared off CFTP base would be far easier to replicate.
The OP wants the added height, no need to fix what isn’t broken. If the base and riser are one piece (are they?) then it would be a much more involved endeavor. If not, making longer risers requires nothing from the GT4 ones unless someone wants to make a direct copy.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I talked to 5 spurs they said they could, depending on how many people would want it.
Im in for exact replica multimatic GT4 wing mounts that will work with the CFTP wing.....

Ask Kevin how many units he will need at a minimum.

Last edited:

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im in for exact replica multimatic GT4 wing mounts that will work with the CFTP wing.....

Ask Kevin how many units he will need at a minimum.
I definitely will, i'm waiting to hear back from him.
Sponsored