scottgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vehicle Showcase
So what is the general consensus to get more "cheap" bass? I think I read where I could just replace the actual subwoofer in the oem enclosure and get a better amp...is that correct? Or would I need to upgrade the enclosure somehow....I prefer the oem look. My truck has a completely new sound system with everything...so the B&O system sounds really bad now lol.

Scott
Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
So what is the general consensus to get more "cheap" bass? I think I read where I could just replace the actual subwoofer in the oem enclosure and get a better amp...is that correct? Or would I need to upgrade the enclosure somehow....I prefer the oem look. My truck has a completely new sound system with everything...so the B&O system sounds really bad now lol.

Scott
JL box that goes where the factory sub box is the smart choice, you will need an amp. However be warned.....adding the new sub just adds......well bass....obviously and unfortunately doesn't help much with the overall sound.

scottgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vehicle Showcase
JL box that goes where the factory sub box is the smart choice, you will need an amp. However be warned.....adding the new sub just adds......well bass....obviously and unfortunately doesn't help much with the overall sound.
Ok understood. I would probably just start with more bass...eventually fix everything later as needed. So you are talking about the standard S550 (mustang) JLAudio Stealthbox?

Scott

Tyler2386

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Ok understood. I would probably just start with more bass...eventually fix everything later as needed. So you are talking about the standard S550 (mustang) JLAudio Stealthbox?

Scott

I added the stealth box, after first upgrading the rest of the sound system (to include putting a new 10in sub in the factory enclosure, and adding polyfill). The stealth box was an improvement, but I'm not sure it is $900 better than a good 10in sub/upgraded stock box/amp combo.

scottgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I added the stealth box, after first upgrading the rest of the sound system (to include putting a new 10in sub in the factory enclosure, and adding polyfill). The stealth box was an improvement, but I'm not sure it is $900 better than a good 10in sub/upgraded stock box/amp combo.
Ok...so it would be possible to just switch out the sub. Then Another possibility would be to get a new sub to fit in the oem spot and get an amp to power it separately? $900 is a lot for a stealthbox plus the amp...

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ok...so it would be possible to just switch out the sub. Then Another possibility would be to get a new sub to fit in the oem spot and get an amp to power it separately? $900 is a lot for a stealthbox plus the amp...
If you’re going to add another box... just toss this bad boy in.

center it under rear shelf.

open box 749 on the site right now. + 200 for a awesome JL amp. You are around that Stealthbox and you can remove it easily if you sell or want another car

oh yeah. It fits beautifully, and keeps the space openwhere you can actually use it. Idk.I went from no sub to JL Stealthbox to a dual tw1 JL box and now this, wish I did this first

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13693307/JL-Audio-CS112G-W6v3.html

Tyler2386

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Yeah, but I suspect you’ll have to get a mono amp for the sub in either event.

scottgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the JLAudio Stealthbox. Luckily American Muscle had 2 in stock (verified via chat)...they seem to be backordered everywhere I looked for some reason. Hopefully this fixes the B&O problem I have...Its a decent sound system but oem sub doesn't do much vs other manufacturers systems I have heard. Its a pretty expensive part but the oem "flush" look and functionality is worth it to me...

Scott

Tyler2386

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I just ordered the JLAudio Stealthbox. Luckily American Muscle had 2 in stock (verified via chat)...they seem to be backordered everywhere I looked for some reason. Hopefully this fixes the B&O problem I have...Its a decent sound system but oem sub doesn't do much vs other manufacturers systems I have heard. Its a pretty expensive part but the oem "flush" look and functionality is worth it to me...

Scott
I suspect You’ll need to connect a separate power source (amp) to push that sub.

Sponsored

scottgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I am installing the stealthbox and kenwood x502-1 amp today. I am getting my techs in the back to do the install so they don't know details on tuning the amp. There are 3 knobs on the back...1) input sensitivity 2) bass boost (I can figure this out) 3) LPF freguecy in HZ. Are there recommended settings to set? I know my local installers can help out but I am avoiding them with install costs...just curious as I am not sure how to set up the amp other than trial and error...

I know some of yall have done this a few times and may be familiar.

Scott

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
I am installing the stealthbox and kenwood x502-1 amp today. I am getting my techs in the back to do the install so they don't know details on tuning the amp. There are 3 knobs on the back...1) input sensitivity 2) bass boost (I can figure this out) 3) LPF freguecy in HZ. Are there recommended settings to set? I know my local installers can help out but I am avoiding them with install costs...just curious as I am not sure how to set up the amp other than trial and error...

Scott
I installed the JL amp with the Stealthbox. I have a volume control for the sub which is attached to the amp so I can control the amount the sub is putting out. I have the volume control set at the middle, then went back to the amp and adjusted the sensitivity so the sub sounded the way I wanted. That way I can go up and down from there with the volume control (which I mounted the the left of the steering column next to the trunk release button). I would NOT turn up your Bass Boost control at all. Leave it off. For the LPF, turn it up as high as it will go or off if you can. The OEM sub is already being fed audio that is rolled off around 80 HZ.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You ordered a Stealth box to replace the OEM B&O sub box? Hmm while the stealth box is good. I would have thrown a JL Audio in the OEM box...especially if you went with the 10w3v4. As stated above, if you want the to really good bass, then a 12" enclosure is the ticket.

Scott

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I am surprised they didn't recommend installing a JL Audio amp; really easy to set-up and cost is not more than the Kenwood.

Scott

scottgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I am surprised they didn't recommend installing a JL Audio amp; really easy to set-up and cost is not more than the Kenwood.
I agree...I preferred the JL amp but where I purchased it...they were out of stock. The Kenwood is fine with 500w rms at 2ohm. Should finish up today hopefully.
Sponsored