Sponsored

Subwoofer replacement options

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I picked up the signal from the existing wires going into the OEM sub. There are 4 wires as it is a dual voice coil speaker. There is a green and black wire to one side, yellow and purple to the other. I could have used just one side but I combined the green and yellow (both are +) and black and purple (both are -) and ran them to the input on the JL amp.
I didn't look at the amp you used or where these 4 wires come from or where they went, but are they low level inputs or do they need speaker converter, or does the JL amp handle both? thanks

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't look at the amp you used or where these 4 wires come from or where they went, but are they low level inputs or do they need speaker converter, or does the JL amp handle both? thanks
I used the JL Audio RD500/1 mono amp. The four wires are the OEM sub speaker wires (OEM sub is a dual voice coil) and I extended them a couple of feet to the JL amp that I mounted in the spare tire area. They are high level and yes the JL amp handles both low and high level inputs.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used the JL Audio RD500/1 mono amp. The four wires are the OEM sub speaker wires (OEM sub is a dual voice coil) and I extended them a couple of feet to the JL amp that I mounted in the spare tire area. They are high level and yes the JL amp handles both low and high level inputs.
How long of power wire did you need, trying to decide if 10 or 15ft is needed. thanks

Sponsored

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
I don't know about you all but I am disappointed in the whole B&O system. We compared it to my sons Shaker system in his 2015 50th anniversary GT and the B&O should NOT be so lame.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I don't know about you all but I am disappointed in the whole B&O system.
I agree, Curtis but whether I do anything about it, remains to be seen. I'm leaning on going Mark's route minus the soundproofing. :-) Too lazy to yank that much stuff out.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I don't know about you all but I am disappointed in the whole B&O system. We compared it to my sons Shaker system in his 2015 50th anniversary GT and the B&O should NOT be so lame.
Not an excuse, but I believe the B&O was more in response to the system that's in the pre-19 GT350 (which is absolutely horrible) than to the Shaker. Compared to the previous GT350 system, the B&O is one giant leap for mankind. Still get your point though.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I wasn't impressed with the B&O sound system in the 500 I received. Just as I have said in the past, It is just another name that Ford bought into to slap on the pile of other names.

The sub mod, as well as some individual speaker replacements will definitely be done in the future.

Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have dibbled and dabbled with sound deadening my hole life but never really got to heavy into all the science and new products that come and go. So i will JUST ask the question outside of the normal stickon 'dynamat' product which seems to be a no brainer, what else is everyone using and why? My last car i used stick on dynamat product and also generic 1/8 MLV in places that it would go (very heavy and not very conformable). I usually do this when the car is new so i never really have a baseline for comparision just do it because i know it cannot hurt from a sound perspective

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have dibbled and dabbled with sound deadening my hole life but never really got to heavy into all the science and new products that come and go. So i will JUST ask the question outside of the normal stickon 'dynamat' product which seems to be a no brainer, what else is everyone using and why? My last car i used stick on dynamat product and also generic 1/8 MLV in places that it would go (very heavy and not very conformable). I usually do this when the car is new so i never really have a baseline for comparision just do it because i know it cannot hurt from a sound perspective
No personal expertise, but based on the info @marklboris provided, I looked into Dynapad. From the very limited reading I did, it seems that D'pad addresses different frequencies than D'mat. So, together they cover a larger spectrum. One reviewer noted that D'mat didn't enhance his entertainment system sound, because it actually absorbed some of that too--again, that's one data point. Bottom line, from an external deadening perspective, it seems that D'mat + D'pad will make for a quiet ride, additional weight notwithstanding.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
We compared it to my sons Shaker system in his 2015 50th anniversary GT and the B&O should NOT be so lame.

I had the Shaker in my '16 and the B&O option in my '19, and the B&O is definitely a bit better. The highs are a bit brighter, there's actually some clean midrange, and the bass is a touch punchier. When I found out I was getting a car with the B&O, I did a quick review, some music from iPhone, some higher fidelity MP3 from a stick, and a CD, I mean, it could be other variations with insulation, etc., outside of the system itself[?]

I'm top down 99% of the time I drive my car, so it's not like it's the best listening location anyway. :D

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
DT, I also prefer the tunes coming out the four rear speakers :rockon: but some times you think a high end audio brand name in an expensive car should be just that. I am reminded that it is a Mustang after all with a Shelby Amp!

EDIT - I don't always listen to Slayer but when I do, so do the Neighbors!

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone happen to have or want to get rid of the passenger side trunk carpet? Without sub option? If i am looking at Ford parts correctly it appears this stupid peice is like $150...... Anyway mine is littered with holes because i have the B&O sub that i will no longer be using and my new subs will not go in that spot....And if anyone is interested I have B&O sub !!

sub carpet.jpg
Sponsored