Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
The extra cost of doing 3 way, in my opinion, is not worth it. I removed the 3.5 drivers. Sealed up the holes and istalled a 2 way system. Tweeters in the A pillar and mid-bass in the doors. Sounds fantastic! I installed these: https://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/car-audio-speakers-system-mille-pro-mpk165p-3/
Are you not losing a big chunk of midrange frequency?
I'm a noob to upgrading audio (clearly lol) and wanting to upgrade without going aftermarket amp just yet, that's a lot of work.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I'm just looking for better, crisper quality. I have the Hertz 24.3 tweeters already, just wanting to improve the mids/highs a little more.
I went with these https://www.harmanaudio.com/REF-3022CFX.html as my whole system is Infinity including the 12" sub. They sound great, super clear and no distortion. They are designed to work with the factory amplifiers weak output at 3 ohms.

Sponsored

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I went with these https://www.harmanaudio.com/REF-3022CFX.html as my whole system is Infinity including the 12" sub. They sound great, super clear and no distortion. They are designed to work with the factory amplifiers weak output at 3 ohms.
For that money I'll give them a go! A little mix and match with a Rockford Fosgate sub and Hertz tweeters and 6.5.
Thank you!

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Are you not losing a big chunk of midrange frequency?
I'm a noob to upgrading audio (clearly lol) and wanting to upgrade without going aftermarket amp just yet, that's a lot of work.
Running an aftermarket amp and DSP. Interfaced to the speaker wires already in the car.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
See my sig for midrange. Unity U3, 3" midrange for near the top of the door, no tweeter. (Don't know if the 18's up have a bigger mid there).

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
For that money I'll give them a go! A little mix and match with a Rockford Fosgate sub and Hertz tweeters and 6.5.
Thank you!
I have those Infinity mids also. If you are keeping a pillar tweeters, I would snip the tweeter line in the infinitys. Otherwise it’s way too harsh. Trust me, I tried several combinations of tweeter/mid/impedance you can think of. Iended up with the infinity mids, Powerbass 6” door, and factory tweeters. If you don’t run an aftermarket amp, the factory tweeters work best but they need to be angled towards the cabin. I used the tweeter angle mount that came with the powerbass component system (I didn’t use the powerbass tweeters - too harsh). I’ll try to take a picture later. It makes a huge difference in the highs. And you can rotate them to the angle of your preference. Took some dremeling but not that difficult.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I decided to go the Rockford Fosgate DSR1 / Maestro path. Got my sub box built tuned at 32hz and built a custom amp rack for the 10 fered capacitor, the Kappa 600w mono amp and the 2 100x4 SoundStream class D picasso nano amps for the speakers. So far so good. Just finished splicing in the harness to the amp outputs. (FOR3 harness). Hopefully everything else goes well, the harness was even labeled correctly on the speakers! I am hoping I should be able to leave the speakers connectors unplugged and set the gains on each amp using a 40hz and 1Khz tone using an o-scope.

Sponsored

mela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrey
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2.3 Premium
Hello everyone. I will immediately say thanks to the developers of the site, I found a lot of interesting things.
And now about the main thing, I need help. I am from Ukraine I have a 2017 Ford mustang premium with 9 speakers. The audio unit ACM is dead, I ask for advice:
1. what ACM number is suitable for this car (I will attach a photo of my unit below). Asking because its difficalt to faind the same number in my area.
2. Which number to pay attention to for the Ford part number (top) or Model number (front) of the ACM?
3.will Acm fit from another model Ford fusion, focus etc?installed ACM with fusion 2014, asked a friend to programming it for me by vin code, unfortunately I did not receive anything except a new DSP error U0237: 00-0A (short to graund).
I'm looking forward for any advice, I'm sure there are people here who are well versed in this topic. thank you in advance
P.S. sorry for my English(translated something). Probably something not so clear

20200207_140908.jpg

Bocaj812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Recently picked up a 2019 EcoBoost and am wanting to add a sub. Any idea where one could find a T-harness to go between the factory radio and factory amp in the 9spk setup? I’m just wanting to add the sub and would rather tap the low level output than speaker level. Also prefer not cutting into the factory wiring if at all possible. I’m comfortable with soldering if the connectors are available but I can only seem to find one end at Mouser and to get the other end from another supplier requires an order of 1400 pcs which just isn’t reasonable for this project lol. If anyone knows where such a harness can be purchased or the ends porchased individual, I’d really appreciate the info. TIA

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Recently picked up a 2019 EcoBoost and am wanting to add a sub. Any idea where one could find a T-harness to go between the factory radio and factory amp in the 9spk setup? I’m just wanting to add the sub and would rather tap the low level output than speaker level. Also prefer not cutting into the factory wiring if at all possible. I’m comfortable with soldering if the connectors are available but I can only seem to find one end at Mouser and to get the other end from another supplier requires an order of 1400 pcs which just isn’t reasonable for this project lol. If anyone knows where such a harness can be purchased or the ends porchased individual, I’d really appreciate the info. TIA
All of the connectors that go into the factory amp/amp harness are available at Mouser individually. A few guys here have built custom amp bypass harnesses including me. The harness runs from the factory harness at the amp to new DSP/amps in the back. If you just want a T harness then you can get the Rockford HRN-AR-F03 harness (search that and make sure the p/n is right)

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
https://plugnplaykits.com/products/...eer-plug-play-amp?_pos=2&_sid=189a5fdfc&_ss=r

Add an amp and sub and your done. Taps off of head unit low level output.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT