Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
If anyone is looking for a plug n play wiring harness for the S550 go to plugnplaykits.com. I just installed one from there and it was a piece of cake. The harness connects directly to your driver side amplifier via a T harness and runs to the rear of the car. You can also order a package with a LOC or full on sub amplifier. They are soon going to release a harness that allows you to use a multi-channel amplifier to feed the factory speakers with more power (assuming you want to replace them).
Sponsored

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
...They are soon going to release a harness that allows you to use a multi-channel amplifier to feed the factory speakers with more power (assuming you want to replace them).
I would be curious to see how that harness is configured although it is too late for myself and those of us that have built our own.

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
This thread is full of information, and I've read 99% of it, however I'm still confused! (I know, I know)

2019 GT with 9 speaker premium system. I'd like to add a sub, what is needed to do so? LC2i? Amp + sub? Any particular harness to simply plug and play?

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
This thread is full of information, and I've read 99% of it, however I'm still confused! (I know, I know)

2019 GT with 9 speaker premium system. I'd like to add a sub, what is needed to do so? LC2i? Amp + sub? Any particular harness to simply plug and play?
You need a T harness that taps into your factory wiring (or you can make one) taking a signal to the sub amplifier, the one I am using currently takes the output from the head unit before it gets to the factory amplifier. Basically you install the T harness, attach it to the amp or loc input, run your power for the amp and add your sub and tune your system. If you choose to use a stand alone LOC you also need an amp but you can get a LOC and AMP in a single unit, up to you.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

I think there are quite a few posts about adding a sub. Thats where I got my plan from. I mounted an amp and LC2i in the trunk and took the high signal from the rear deck speaker wires. You will of course have to run power from the battery to the trunk.

Sponsored

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I think there are quite a few posts about adding a sub. Thats where I got my plan from. I mounted an amp and LC2i in the trunk and took the high signal from the rear deck speaker wires. You will of course have to run power from the battery to the trunk.
Which sub did you go for?

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Which sub did you go for?
Its just a JL 10 inch shallow sub behind the passenger seat. I think it sounds pretty good for the music I listen to. I believe it is model
JL Audio CS110LG-TW3

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Why do you need the DSR1 with that HRN AR FO3 harness? Buy the harness just for the plugs and modify it to put RCA plugs or whatever you want on the signal lines. Hell, I used Cat5e STP cable (triple shielded and twisted pair) to run the signals back to my trunk. I used the raw connectors sourced from Digi-Key and mounted them in a box instead of the expense of the FO3 harness.

What an awesome idea. The iDatalink HRN-AR-FO3 Harness
is only $30.00 and I have plenty of CAT5e STP wire. In the process of connecting my amp to feed the speakers now and this is the best idea I have seen to do it myself. PlugNPlayKits said the custom harness will take until February to make so I figured I might just do it myself. Already have my Kappa 1200W hooked up and it sounds incredible, just need my infinity speakers amp'd up now, using a D-6.1200 so I can tune the system and crossovers with a laptop without having to do any manual adjustments on the amp itself except the sub amp which is mono and easy peasy.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
What an awesome idea. The iDatalink HRN-AR-FO3 Harness
is only $30.00 and I have plenty of CAT5e STP wire. In the process of connecting my amp to feed the speakers now and this is the best idea I have seen to do it myself. PlugNPlayKits said the custom harness will take until February to make so I figured I might just do it myself. Already have my Kappa 1200W hooked up and it sounds incredible, just need my infinity speakers amp'd up now, using a D-6.1200 so I can tune the system and crossovers with a laptop without having to do any manual adjustments on the amp itself except the sub amp which is mono and easy peasy.
Thanks! Only ground the STP cable at the OEM connection end. Leave the shield floating on the other end. Completely noise free.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
No. You don’t need it. You will have DTCs if you disconnect the stock amp, but who cares? Just modify the harness to your needs.
If your using an amp that can accept high level inputs you could just take the stock amplifier outputs and run that directly into your amp and then connect your new amp back to the stock amplifiers connector to the speakers. That should eliminate any codes.

Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
But why would you do that? That just makes no sense as any serious garage will just ignore these DTCs when they see that you have aftermarket equipment in your car.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
But why would you do that? That just makes no sense as any serious garage will just ignore these DTCs when they see that you have aftermarket equipment in your car.
Not to mention the fact that you are keeping unnecessary amplification stages in the signal path. Thats a good way to introduce more noise and distortion. Ignore the DTC's or use Forscan to tell the car to use the instrument panel speaker. I believe that will prevent them.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
No, it doesn‘t. But who cares?
Some people apparently. But not you or I. I never bothered to check if it works. :like:

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Not to mention the fact that you are keeping unnecessary amplification stages in the signal path. Thats a good way to introduce more noise and distortion. Ignore the DTC's or use Forscan to tell the car to use the instrument panel speaker. I believe that will prevent them.
I was referring to using an audiocontrol DSP/AMP that takes those high level inputs and converts them to line level and then you can tune to your liking via the DSP using the RTA feature. Mine personally taps off of the HU for a full signal and then I just sum them on the other channels, set the xover and then I will feed those back into the speakers. The stock amp will sit there but not be connected to the speakers but is still connected to the HU.
Sponsored