Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
I have schematics,no pictures

Subwoofer.JPG

Subwooferrear.JPG

Sponsored

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Those that have retro fitted the shaker sub, how did you wire it all up to the amp and front of the car ect? Where did you get the plugs and wiring ect..?

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Those that have retro fitted the shaker sub, how did you wire it all up to the amp and front of the car ect? Where did you get the plugs and wiring ect..?
You need the DSP/Amp from a 12 speaker car. The 9 speaker DSP doesn’t physically have the traces for the subwoofer out on its circuit board.

Azura5.0

Slow AF Coyote
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julie
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
So I just installed a Tesla unit in my base GT and curious about anyone upgrading the sound system and adding like a 10" sub. Is anyone familiar with how the connections would be on the tesla unit or what would need to be done? Thanks!

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Anyone interested in a full shaker setup? It will include the stock connectors for all the speakers, 12 speaker amp, Sub/amp/both connectors and sub bracket with an entire Sync 2 setup.

Not willing to split up at this time. Just PM me please.

Sponsored

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Anyone interested in a full shaker setup? It will include the stock connectors for all the speakers, 12 speaker amp, Sub/amp/both connectors and sub bracket with an entire Sync 2 setup.

Not willing to split up at this time. Just PM me please.
How will it work on cars that do not have shaker sub in the rear and there is no wiring plug for it either? Does it come with the wiring loom?

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base with PP
Cool all-in-one upgrade for a 2015 owner who wants Shaker Pro. As for adding wiring and harness info for the trunk sub, I did a few posts about that on this forum. I am still underwhelmed by my bass level, so likely wil use an Audiocontrol processor I have laying around to pull the full-range stereo signals off of the rear deck speakers and feed an aftermarket sub with amp.

If the entire Sync 2 setup means 8” screen and Sync 2 nav, that is cool for someone wanting better than the 4.2” screen on their 2015 - if price is right of course.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
How will it work on cars that do not have shaker sub in the rear and there is no wiring plug for it either? Does it come with the wiring loom?
I will provide all the speaker connectors including both sides of the sub connections. The male and female part at the sub amplifier.

All of the amp connectors are on Mouser's site. You would need to run all of your own wires to the speakers and the sub but you would have the connectors.

Even though I am in Hawaii shipping to Oz wouldn't be cheap but you would only pay just for actually shipping though.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Cool all-in-one upgrade for a 2015 owner who wants Shaker Pro. As for adding wiring and harness info for the trunk sub, I did a few posts about that on this forum. I am still underwhelmed by my bass level, so likely wil use an Audiocontrol processor I have laying around to pull the full-range stereo signals off of the rear deck speakers and feed an aftermarket sub with amp.

If the entire Sync 2 setup means 8” screen and Sync 2 nav, that is cool for someone wanting better than the 4.2” screen on their 2015 - if price is right of course.
Yes it would include all of that. I basically replaced everything minus the wiring to the speakers in the front range.

I upgraded to Sync 3.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods

I started a thread called "I want to de-program my rears speakers EQ". I still believe that the rear deck speakers do NOT receive full-range signal, therefore, the full trunk sub upgrade is a viable alternative to futzing around with the deck speakers' signal. IOW, I don't think any black box that is fed from the rear deck speaker OEM wires will deliver more bass.

One way (that I haven't tried or proven) would be to move the rear speaker wires at their input end over to the front speakers' terminals at the footwell amplifier, and then purchase a small high-level-input 2-channel amplifier, installed in the trunk (needs 12V wire run). Even this assumes that the front door speakers receive full-range, and I am not sure of that either.

Sorry for the :threadjacked:
Sponsored