Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I've found BR DSP's from $49 to $129.
Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Did you just buy the $49 one on ebay? I almost hit the buy now button, but if you bought it, its going to good cause. Out of 2016 gt 500 7k miles

Sponsored

Matermine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Has anyone clarified the need for an aftermarket DSP yet? I’m pretty sure I’ve read all 41 pages and some things are conflicting (I’m sure this is because over 3 years new information has come out.)

If I use FORscan to remove the ACM processing, do I need an aftermarket DSP?

Factory head unit > aftermarket amplifier > speakers is the plan.

Next problem is finding speakers that fit. Crutchfield has no information regarding the 3.5 inch speakers in the door, so how do I know what will fit? Also it seems people on here say a specific set of speakers will work, but then Crutchfield has them labeled as “Does not fit” which leads me back to step 1, what does fit?

Just want a front 6.5, front 3.5, and tweeters replaced. Should be 4 channels with a crossover. No DSP. Is this plausible?

Sponsored

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RHD Mustang GT S550 PP Platinum White
Has anyone clarified the need for an aftermarket DSP yet? I’m pretty sure I’ve read all 41 pages and some things are conflicting (I’m sure this is because over 3 years new information has come out.)

If I use FORscan to remove the ACM processing, do I need an aftermarket DSP?

Factory head unit > aftermarket amplifier > speakers is the plan.

Next problem is finding speakers that fit. Crutchfield has no information regarding the 3.5 inch speakers in the door, so how do I know what will fit? Also it seems people on here say a specific set of speakers will work, but then Crutchfield has them labeled as “Does not fit” which leads me back to step 1, what does fit?

Just want a front 6.5, front 3.5, and tweeters replaced. Should be 4 channels with a crossover. No DSP. Is this plausible?

Hi - in my experience I have fitted a few 3.5inch and 6.5 inch speakers without issues. I also used the plastic spacer that came from the existing speakers by cutting out the existing speaker. This made installation a breeze because the screw holes line up with the door. the factory speaker is moulded into the spacer thats why you have destroy them when you separate them from the spacer. Its easy to do and you can retain the factory plug connector as well.

A decent set of efficient speakers can be driven by the factory amplifier and it will sound reasonable.

I did not program the ACM and tried both direct to amplifier and using a DSP. In both cases I removed the factory DSP/Amplfiier. Both methods will work ok with reprogramming the ACM, however I got better results in the end by using my JL-FiX82 a meatier fuller sound. without the DSP was still very good and clear.

Hope that helps you looking at teh doors I reckon most speakers will fit with ease.

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Does any one know what this empty plug is for? I have a European 9 speaker shaker system with no shaker sup in the boot.
iaA2QQq.jpg

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
What color are the wires? If they are violet, grey, green and white it’s one of the ELT diagnostic connectors. Used at Flat Rock before the car leaves to test the CAN Bus and then never used again.

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Can some one with a shaker sub post pic of the connector please.
Sponsored