Sponsored

Steeda two point g trac brace...worth getting?

Powelltc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Anyone who has this installed on their GT350...

Do you like it? What does it do to the steering feel? Did it help at all with tramlining?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
You will probably get 50/50 responses. My 17 350 had one on it when I bought it with 2300 miles. They only mod or add on the car which I thought strange. Then I realized it was only loosely bolted in place so what ever it's capable of doing it probably wasn't. So I torqued it down and at least in every day street driving I couldn't tell any difference including in tramlining. Maybe someone who is a more aggressive driver would be able to tell some difference. It does no harm and probably marginally stiffens the front up a bit but this car's platform is already pretty stiff to begin with.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
If you always drive in sport mode, you'll notice the difference. The car doesn't tramline as bad. One of the best mods I did to my car.

OP
OP
Powelltc1

Powelltc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
If you always drive in sport mode, you'll notice the difference. The car doesn't tramline as bad. One of the best mods I did to my car.
Shift...thanks for the reply. I am leaning towards doing it, just because it looks like an easy install and is $100. It seems like it helps some cars and others it doesn’t, but for $100, it is probably worth the chance.

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I just did it recently and it definitely reduced tramline. Very noticeable for me I would say 50-70% reduction. I only drive in sport or track mode and I am on stock PSS tires. When I put winter tires on my car tramline was gone. So the brace may not be worth it if you switch to a less aggressive tire like an all season.

I ordered my brace here ($79 plus free shipping) and it shipped directly from Steeda
https://zicmoto.com/steeda-s550-mustang-ultralite-2-point-g-trac-brace-15-19/

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
For those noticing a difference, I’m more inclined to think their k members aren’t torqued correctly. You should be getting very, very little flex out of that area. It’s very stout and the cars frame rails are essentially doing the same thing.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I did this mod to my ‘16 GT350R... I encountered a ton of blowback because the G-brace cured my tramlining.

It worked. I recommend it. It’s $100... it’s your money. Do with it as you please. It will help.

OP
OP
Powelltc1

Powelltc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I just did it recently and it definitely reduced tramline. Very noticeable for me I would say 50-70% reduction. I only drive in sport or track mode and I am on stock PSS tires. When I put winter tires on my car tramline was gone. So the brace may not be worth it if you switch to a less aggressive tire like an all season.

I ordered my brace here ($79 plus free shipping) and it shipped directly from Steeda
https://zicmoto.com/steeda-s550-mustang-ultralite-2-point-g-trac-brace-15-19/
Thanks man! Appreciate the advice, and I used your link and saved $20 off where I was going to get it.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
For those noticing a difference, I’m more inclined to think their k members aren’t torqued correctly. You should be getting very, very little flex out of that area. It’s very stout and the cars frame rails are essentially doing the same thing.
I read something about this on another site. It appears some chassis have some “wiggle room”, if I could be so basic, and the g-brace does nothing more than add a cross member to stiffen things back up.

We went all around the g-brace back in 2016-2017 and why it worked with reducing tramlining and there was one main member here who blasted the brace as merely anecdotal, or placebo. He didn’t have the brace on his car yet called our actual butt-n-seat observations as mere conjecture and frivolity.

If there are chassis misalignments or inadequate torquing, adding a crossmember would add some stiffness. I, too, agree that you have very, very minuscule flex on these chassis on road surfaces.

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Thanks man! Appreciate the advice, and I used your link and saved $20 off where I was going to get it.
S Awesome. It took me about 10 days to get the shipping notice from Steeda, I think these companies are busy right now and Covid has been delaying things too depending on where you live.

OP
OP
Powelltc1

Powelltc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
S Awesome. It took me about 10 days to get the shipping notice from Steeda, I think these companies are busy right now and Covid has been delaying things too depending on where you live.
Ok, cool. I am not in any giant hurry and appreciate the heads up.

Point45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt350, 05 tacoma, 10 Ducati 1098SF
for me it reduced the smaller instances of tramlining/wobble but the med to larger bumps/dips will still cause it. If i had to put a wag number on its effectiveness 20% reduction.

Toss up if it was worth it, but i was ordering the jacking rails also so why not.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
One of my first mods. It helps with tramlining in my opinion. Doesn't get rid of it, but it does help.
Sponsored