Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
Did they tuck the seems and wrap the corners? I really don’t want to end up with visible seems if possible.
You could go out and order a full kit and do it yourself. Some shops will sell it to you all pre-cut ready to install, just watch youtube and learn how to do it. At the same time make hundreds of dollars once you learn it's not hard.
Sponsored

Icantthinkof1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
HI folks I'm in Dallas TX area and jus bought a GT350 2019, was suggested by a lot of friends to get a PPF and ceramic coat done on the car for the paint protection, I started to shop around and was amazed at the pricing I was getting on it.
SUNTEC/XPEL ultimate Full car PPF(10yr) with 3yr ceramic coat was around 6K ish
Other brands were a notch less but nothing major

Is this expense required and can it be done cheaper ?
Need help on this guys thanks
Get the the New Suntek with ceramic coat already added and save the money. I have my entire front end protected including headlights in addition i have the mirrors, a pillars, 1/3 of the roof and rear quarters in front and behind the whees as well as door edges and door handle area. Money well spent. The ceramic coats just adds a brilliant shine and does nothing for protection

Last edited:

Rose City R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie R code, 2020 GT350R, 1991 Mazda Miata SE
I had the entire front end done when new. However, after three autocross events and over 40 runs, I found I had cone marks in places where the PPF was not applied. So the car is going back to complete the job. In my mind, this is a good investment for a car dedicated to autocross.

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Front end (incl. headlights/r.v. mirrors) was covered w/ 10mm Xpel when I bought the car and drove her up from Socal to the Bay Area. Paid $1600.

Doing alot of freeway driving and recently saw new rock chips on the front roof and rear quarter panel and realized it's only gonna get worse.

Now doing paint correction, 10mm Xpel and ceramic coating on the rest of the entire car for $4500. Includes yearly maintenance by the detail shop under warranty period (5 years). Like some others have said, peace of mind and convenience.
What shop is this in California? So your looking at about $6,000 100% covered with coating?

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Clear bra/PPF on entire car from doors to back bumper including door handles! 5 year ceramic and paint correction. $4500 @ AutoPro Detailing in Fremont.

Front end was done prior for $1600 @ 1 Clear Bra in San Clemente. PPF only.

710487CF-4DA6-4BED-BF0C-645EA5E45475.jpeg

995B6CA6-A961-4335-BE3A-4A055B20F572.jpeg
Good price. What brand film? Do they cover everything? like the back plastic panel on the trunk?

Anyone get there tail lights covered as well?

What coating did they use?

Sponsored

Drafty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350R
Good price. What brand film? Do they cover everything? like the back plastic panel on the trunk?

Anyone get there tail lights covered as well?

What coating did they use?
Xpel 10mm and Ceramic Pro. Yes for the back panel they removed and reinstalled the emblem to get a seamless cover. Didn’t do taillights. Good luck!

StangRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350, 2016 Focus RS
Everyone around in the Detroit, Michigan area costs 7000-8000 for a full wrap. I'm waiting for my '20 HEP to be fully wrapped as we speak. The cost is a bit much to stomach, but it will bring a piece of mind which will make me feel better about driving it around and tracking it.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Everyone around in the Detroit, Michigan area costs 7000-8000 for a full wrap. I'm waiting for my '20 HEP to be fully wrapped as we speak. The cost is a bit much to stomach, but it will bring a piece of mind which will make me feel better about driving it around and tracking it.
Wow. Come across the lake. I was quoted $5,000 from a few reputable installers for a full PPF.

Jose1962

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2015
Agreed, it's where your opinions on values, wants, and is it worth it are.

The Shine and Peace of mind worth every Penny of my 4k Spent in the Bay Area for Full Front PPF + Graphene Ceramic Coating.

20210208_113633(1).jpg
Is the black piano AREA AROUND GRILL COVERED IN PPFin clouding the two vertical pieces

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Is the black piano AREA AROUND GRILL COVERED IN PPFin clouding the two vertical pieces
On mine the front bar is wrapped but the vertical slits with the ribbed sections is not. The installer told me it was way more hassle than it’s worth as he had serious doubts the film would stay down over time.

Sponsored

Jose1962

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2015
On mine the front bar is wrapped but the vertical slits with the ribbed sections is not. The installer told me it was way more hassle than it’s worth as he had serious doubts the film would stay down over time.
Oh ok mine wasn’t done got da response from installler double coated in ceramic pro instead

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB