Sponsored

Decrease tramlining! Steeda G Brace works!

cattivo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geno
Vehicle(s)
17GT350
I notice that tires always need a run in period. After that they settle down a lot. So if the tramlining is on tires w less than 1000 miles - maybe run them in a little more. Maybe whatever ills exist will calm down some. I have about 600 miles now and will withhold judgement for a while. Right now, yes, it does tramline. I found going from an Audi A5 (they have their own odd steering characteristics), the GT350 mustang feels a little disconnected and or numb. But on the other hand the level of grip is beyond belief. The first thing I felt in the 350 was it was like driving a 526 HP brick. I don't mean that in a bad way either. It was just strange to dive into corners, apply heavy braking, etc, and not have any perceivable body roll - at all.
You may be on to something. I've been watching this thread since I got mine. It tramlined very badly, so I was considering a brace myself. Now that I'm over 800 miles, it doesn't seem to tramline nearly as much. Then it again, maybe it's an Audi thing.;) My previous car was an S5. I'll give it another couple of hundred before I decide.
Sponsored

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
Ordered. For $80 I'll give it a try.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Anyone know if this bar gets in the way of the oil stream when removing the oil drain plug? I know how the oil likes to shoot out and I am wondering if there is going to be an additional mess I need to account for if I decide to install this thing.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Anyone know if this bar gets in the way of the oil stream when removing the oil drain plug? I know how the oil likes to shoot out and I am wondering if there is going to be an additional mess I need to account for if I decide to install this thing.
It mounts several inches aft of the oil drain plug. So no interference or oil contact at all.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
i had to take my brace off as the shelby trans scoop does not work with the brace.

The difference in just tramlining between brace and no brace is significant.

I may end up making a modified version of this brace that works with the shelby trans scoop, or I may just break down and buy a track pack trans sooner than i was going to, so I can put the brace back on. I miss it.

Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I never really noticed much tramlining before but now that the weather is cold it seems quite apparent. Anyone else notice this?

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Has anybody tried varying tire pressure, I found running tires a little hard helps

iancoletx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT350
I've got mine installed today, I'll post an update next time I hit the local freeway with the nastiest road seams

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Has anybody tried varying tire pressure, I found running tires a little hard helps
I agree this may contribute, the past couple weeks have been in the 20's and my tires went down to 27 PSI. Now the car tramlines twice as bad. I am going to add 6-8 PSI and try that, and probably will add the Steeda brace. Cold hard tires are probably a contributing factor as well. I will report back on both options for the colder weather.

Update: I pumped the tires up to 33 PSI cold and the car tramlines much less than it did at 27 PSI.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Placed my order, like others said for $80 it's worth a shot. I get some pretty bad tramlining around my area, curious to see what this will do.

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
Got it installed today. The "knockouts" in the holes were still slightly attached both top and bottom. Rocked them back and forth (screwdriver and punch) a couple of times to break them loose and used a magnet to remove. Steeda only provides 2 washers so I added 2 more at the top side and blue locktite on the threads. Easy Peasy. Started to rain so I didn't go test drive.
steeda1.jpg
steeda2.jpg

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Looks good! I have the same thing. You'll notice the car is harder to upset in turns, especially if you F up braking which I end up doing as I over concentrate on trying to heal toe with this pedal configuration. At least that's how things pan out for me.

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Got it installed today. The "knockouts" in the holes were still slightly attached both top and bottom. Rocked them back and forth (screwdriver and punch) a couple of times to break them loose and used a magnet to remove. Steeda only provides 2 washers so I added 2 more at the top side and blue locktite on the threads. Easy Peasy. Started to rain so I didn't go test drive.
I had the same problem with the slags of metal. As far as the washers I left it with the two. I was debating about the locktite, just torqued it to 60 ft lb.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I agree this may contribute, the past couple weeks have been in the 20's and my tires went down to 27 PSI. Now the car tramlines twice as bad. I am going to add 6-8 PSI and try that, and probably will add the Steeda brace. Cold hard tires are probably a contributing factor as well. I will report back on both options for the colder weather.

Update: I pumped the tires up to 33 PSI cold and the car tramlines much less than it did at 27 PSI.
Lower pressures increase surface contact of the tire with pavement and will increase tramlining...

Colder temps, harder more brittle rubber, which should in theory reduce tramlining.

The colder temps causing a drop in pressure are more likely why the tramlining worsened.
Sponsored