Sponsored

Decrease tramlining! Steeda G Brace works!

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Installed my g-trac brace the other day, did my normal route to work and back and I would say the tramlining is still there but a bit more manageable now. If I had to put a percentage on it, I would say about 10% decrease in tramlining.

I can say for sure tramlining does not get worse with this install so I'm happy.
Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
My 2017 I bought used with 2600 miles on it tramlining seems pretty profound. Surprisingly when I crawled under it I found it had the G-brace installed but the bolts were not tight. It's the only mod I can find on the car. I tightened the bolts but have not noticed any measureable difference. I also suspect alignment and I've aligned several older cars so not afraid to take a look at this myself. What is the factory toe-in/out supposed to be on these cars - does anyone know?

Edit: to follow up, I rough-checked my alignment settings in the garage with a tram and caster/camber gage. It has 1/32" toe out. Driver side camber was neg 1-3/8 deg and Pass side was neg 1 deg. However, as an after-thought I laid my big straightedge on the floor across the front of the car and it showed the floor is a bit high on the driver side. On a flat floor the Driver side camber would decrease and the Pass side would increase - so just roughly they are probably about equal at a hair over 1 deg negative.

I've always understood that toe-out decreases stability in a straight line and makes a car wander - and that a slight bit of toe-in is better. But these new high-performance cars may be a little different. Anyone got any ideas on toe??

Last edited: