DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Happy Sunday all!
So I have a 23’ Mach1 but I figured this post is better off here.

I bought a non HP car because I was unable to order it and I figured I could do it better with the parts that are out there.

So here is my question. After looking at what Steeda has to offer I then decided to check out BMR. BMR has many more choices to offer. So now I am unable if I want to try one of the Steeda kits with some additional small upgrades or bite the bullet and do the BMR which will cost about 3x as much but with so much more done.

So my question is obviously Steeda or BMR?? I have used Steeda on multiple Mustangs in the past and never used BMR. I have heard great things about them. I really want to only do this once and spend the money once. So it will either be Steeda and some BMR parts or all BMR. Generally I like to use all one brand and not mix match if possible because you generally get better cohesion when you can use one brand and have everything work together as designed.

What would you do and why???

CC8CB60C-A007-48E0-B49B-E0C312C5EED5.jpeg
Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
currently i'm planning on going with the steeda dual rates with adjustable dampeners because it seems like a small drop, proven track performance, and the softer rates seem like they're in the ballpark of streetable. i'm planning on running 275/40/19's all the way around so i didn't want a big drop in the front like the rest of the options.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
What are you trying to do and what parts exactly ? Steeda and BMR generally have the same stuff - some have slight design differences and both companies will try to convince them theirs are better. I haven't looked at BMR recently but Steeda has much wider offering.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I’ve got lots of Steeda parts going on my M1, but I also have some BMR stuff as well. I prefer Steeda only because of the outstanding customer service and active support of this forum. They have always been willing to assist and reply to PMs quickly. I also like the product vids on their website.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Both perform the same-ish..
STEEDA for minimal NVH, BMR for the opposite, + clunk & clicking noises.
LIFE TIP: No need to change every component.

Sponsored

69boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT mustang Premium
I went with BMR because they had more to offer, I like red, and they were cheaper part for part. I don’t think you can go wrong with either.

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
I mix and match depending on which is a better design. For example, I chose Steeda for the rear Subframe Braces because they nestle nicely under the fuel tanks, but BMR for the front brace because it doesn't stick below the undercarriage. They are both quality parts.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Steeda tests and perfects their parts on the track.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'd drive the car and see if there are any deficiencies I want to fix. Throwing the kitchen sink at the car just because is kind of wasteful, and can sometimes work against you.

I suppose a stop the hop kit isn't a terrible idea if you're a manual car.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I mix and match depending on which is a better design. For example, I chose Steeda for the rear Subframe Braces because they nestle nicely under the fuel tanks, but BMR for the front brace because it doesn't stick below the undercarriage. They are both quality parts.
This is only an issue if you mix and match the wrong parts because the Steeda subframe brace isn't compatible with the BMR jacking rails. There may be other scenarios where the two aren't compatible as well.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
As a benchmark, we have a fleet of Mach 1s in our inventory that we utilize for our testing purposes. I cannot speak on behalf of our competitors, but we conduct extensive testing and research, totaling hundreds of hours, using these vehicles to ensure that the parts we are developing are of the highest quality.

We test all Steeda parts to ensure they work in harmony with each other on the track or on the street.

Right now, we have 20% savings on select Steeda parts - perhaps that will also help with the decision :)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
STEEDA

Why?

They've been in the Mustang biz for 35 years!! They KNOW the Mustang platforms best as far as the components being questioned or researched. They've been around since the ORIGINAL 5.0 movement when Fox Mustangs were slaughtering many brands at all track venues. They race their products with many years of proven results!

They know what works, they know what doesn't. They put a lot of time, research, and development into their products - they're not just spinning them off a welding table and pushing them as "we think" it works.... or selling Snake Oil....

Pricing is fair, customer service is great and if you really research Steeda's past - they are a proven vendor from the start and also a very outstanding winning Team.

Sounds like an ad LOL... and I have absolutely NO affiliation to Steeda other than being a customer and Mustang Enthusiast. I've bought and used Steeda parts since their inception on many of my prior Mustangs - and they were a HUGE vendor and contributor of Corral.net in its heyday - being a Charter Member there, I know their products are not only excellent, but they stand up to their parts quality and performance.

So yea, that's my answer. 😄

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
I like both and have both. 2 GREAT companies!!!!
Anthony

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think you can go wrong either way.. just watch for mixing and matching.. first mod I bought was the BMR Jacking rails and had to get rid of them because I got the Steeda Subframe Braces and they did not work together.. I have some stuff from both companies... just happen to have more Steeda stuff.

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I'd drive the car and see if there are any deficiencies I want to fix. Throwing the kitchen sink at the car just because is kind of wasteful, and can sometimes work against you.

I suppose a stop the hop kit isn't a terrible idea if you're a manual car.
I have been driving it. Not too much because of the weather and I just got the car but it’s now got about 500 miles on it.

The only things I am planning on doing are things that I feel need to be done. This is my 4th IRS S550 and feel for sure it needs some work. I had so many S197’s that I knew exactly what had to be done to get them about as perfect as possible. I feel like there is some room for improvement on the S550 for sure. Stop the Hop Kit, sway bars, a slight lowering and something to stiffen it up a bit.

Thanks very much for the advice.
Sponsored