steviebee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, FJG
I love working on cars.

And some chump dumass engineer without a clue but a 4 year degree goes and does some next level shit like that fin bolt on the stupid as shit sound tube.

There I feel better
20170421_095652.jpg
Sponsored

RetroSkippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby GT PP
Please don't take it out on the poor engineer. They were probably just finishing up all the engine bay routing documents just as a project lead dropped it on them. Marketing's latest test group wants more engine noise in the cabin and the exhaust is already finalized. So he/she gets the wonderful task of fishing that awkward thing through the already set up engine bay and securing it to the very few places they are allowed.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to blame it on anyone blame the manufacturing engineer. I am almost certain that the stud is that long because they need the tube to stay hanging on the stud properly while the body rolls down the line. But really, blame the Marketing department and program team for telling the engineers that they can't make the exhaust louder than your average Focus but hey! we'll pipe some sound in through the firewall with a $5 tube instead of adding more sound for free via the muffler design.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I want my car to be quieter.
Why did they put this sound tube? shit is loud

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack
that thing was brutal on my hands to remove, but once I removed it I tossed it 30 feet down the street.

Sponsored

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
It is so easy to remove. Just pull up and twist. Took less than 5 seconds after the other side was disconnected. Why even bother with the bolt?

Another thread on this is exciting. Can't wait to see all the responses. :-)
Truth

Bcart50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
silverado
I hear over and over about removing the sound tube... And I'm here not even noticing it.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I dont even know what the sound of the sound tube sounds like. Mine is still in place! Maybe i need to ride in a car without 1.

Sponsored

reek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Mines still there, but I plugged it at the little 'diaphragm' just after the air box takeoff. I wanted to hear the pure sounds of my Corsa cat backs without the resonant noise from a tube. the car is new so eventually when I get into the engine bay later on it'll likely come out all together.

OP
OP
steviebee72

steviebee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, FJG
Thats ok, im an engineer so i can bitch about them. Hehe.

Well got the oil pump gears replaced, and the front cover and valve covers are buttoned up.

BUT, and this is a big sucky wucky, I BROKE A FIN OIL Pan BOLT. (Insert every swear word you've ever heard here, and then add BAMM).
Bolt Extractor isn't working either. Grrrrrr

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Thats ok, im an engineer so i can bitch about them. Hehe.

Well got the oil pump gears replaced, and the front cover and valve covers are buttoned up.

BUT, and this is a big sucky wucky, I BROKE A FIN OIL Pan BOLT. (Insert every swear word you've ever heard here, and then add BAMM).
Bolt Extractor isn't working either. Grrrrrr

If it broke while tightening a extractor won't have the power to get it out.

Did the bolt break off above flush, flush or below the surface??

You can always tack weld a nut to the stud if it's above flush or cut a slot in it and see if a screwdriver will work if it's flush or below flush you'll have better luck Drill/retap and call it a day or insert a helicoil if it's right mangled.

If the extractor isn't working don't fuck with it. If the extractor breaks off your screwed. There isn't a drill bit on the planet that will go through those goddamn things.

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
It is so easy to remove. Just pull up and twist. Took less than 5 seconds after the other side was disconnected. Why even bother with the bolt?

Another thread on this is exciting. Can't wait to see all the responses. :-)
I did that before I left the dealer sales guy was like WTF :headbonk:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I dont even know what the sound of the sound tube sounds like. Mine is still in place! Maybe i need to ride in a car without 1.
snap
have not touched mine, cant hear it in the car, have music or podcasts on and when the roof is down, the sound of the Borla's
Sponsored