Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I did the upgrades in stages to see what the differences was on my car.

1. Rear IRS brace made the rear more stable at launches and high speed corners.
2. Front K-Member made my steering feel more responsive and feels planted at high speed corners.
3. Subframe alignment and support kit added even more stability at hard launches (stop the hop).
4. Vertical links added improvement to 1 and 3. I feel the rear being more stable during hard braking.
For the verical links which did you go with...Polyurethane or Delrin

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I got started on mine today. I started out using a wire wheel, but that was making deep scratches in the existing powder coat, so I transitioned over to using a Scotch-Brite Extreme Scrub Pad and a putty knife to scrape off the loose powder coat. Once that was done, I wiped both pieces down with brake and parts cleaner.

I decide to spray them with black first, so that when I begin applying the gray, I can ensure that I get full coverage. The can says a second coat can be applied within 1 hour or after 48 hours, so I think Iā€™ll let them hang dry for 2 days and then follow up with the gray.

Theyā€™re not going to be perfect, as you can see the areas where the powder coat was scraped off, as well as the scratches from the wire wheel. The main thing was to get a couple of protective coats on them while theyā€™re off of the car and I think Iā€™ll be able to accomplish that. Stay tuned for an update in the next couple of days.

IMG_6575.jpeg

IMG_6574.jpeg

IMG_6576.jpeg

IMG_6577.jpeg

IMG_6579.jpeg

IMG_6578.jpeg

IMG_6573.jpeg

IMG_6581.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I got started on mine today. I started out using a wire wheel, but that was making deep scratches in the existing powder coat, so I transitioned over to using a Scotch-Brite Extreme Scrub Pad and a putty knife to scrape off the loose powder coat. Once that was done, I wiped both pieces down with brake and parts cleaner.

I decide to spray them with black first, so that when I begin applying the gray, I can ensure that I get full coverage. The can says a second coat can be applied within 1 hour or after 48 hours, so I think Iā€™ll let them hang dry for 2 days and then follow up with the gray.

Theyā€™re not going to be perfect, as you can see the areas where the powder coat was scraped off, as well as the scratches from the wire wheel. The main thing was to get a couple of protective coats on them while theyā€™re off of the car and I think Iā€™ll be able to accomplish that. Stay tuned for an update in the next couple of days.

IMG_6575.jpeg

IMG_6574.jpeg

IMG_6576.jpeg

IMG_6577.jpeg

IMG_6579.jpeg

IMG_6578.jpeg

IMG_6573.jpeg
Looks good. I did the one coat every hour. Mine baked in the summer sun in between coats. Iā€™ll try to remember to take a look under the car and see how the paint is holding up. Itā€™s been about 11 months since I put them on the car now, so theyā€™ve been through the winter salt now ( plus all the rocks and stuff that get kicked up)

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Looks good. I did the one coat every hour. Mine baked in the summer sun in between coats. Iā€™ll try to remember to take a look under the car and see how the paint is holding up. Itā€™s been about 11 months since I put them on the car now, so theyā€™ve been through the winter salt now ( plus all the rocks and stuff that get kicked up)
Yes, please! That would be great! I have one good coat of black on them and will probably end up putting one or two coats of gray on them. The gray is going to be lighter in color than the powder coat, but Iā€™m hoping the black undercoat may help the darken up the gray a bit. Iā€™m no painter, so Iā€˜m not sure if that will or wonā€™t work. Iā€™ll know soon enough though.

IMG_6580.jpeg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
There's gotta be a hit to NVH with the bushings replacement?
Are you referring to the vertical links ? If so, no, I didnā€™t notice any difference going from standard rubber to spherical :like:

If it makes a difference, Iā€™m a B&O on 5 (i.e. low), resonator delete, exhaust always in track (i.e. loudish), let it rev kind of guy :like:

WD :like:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Does anyone know if it would help with paint curing to leave my garage at room temperature, which is 86* or would turning on the AC and keeping it cool (around 73*) for the next couple of days would be ideal?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve always gone for dry heat where possible i.e. the oven, if it fits ā€¦ lol

Of course the misses needs to be out, but you canā€™t hide the smell when she gets home ā€¦

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bman5150

Bman5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang GT Premium (carbonized gray)
@NGOT8R - Humidity greatly extends most paint drying time. If the painted parts are going to be inside and not in the wind/sun, Iā€™d go the 73 degrees route.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Iā€™ve always gone for dry heat where possible i.e. the oven, if it fits ā€¦ lol

Of course the misses needs to be out, but you canā€™t hide the smell when she gets home ā€¦

Lol, my wife just asked me if I was going to put them in the oven. Iā€™ve baked many parts in the oven over the years. I would have, but theyā€˜re too long and wonā€™t fit.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
appreciate the advice. What is an easier installation-new RLCA bushings or just replacing the OEM RLCAs with new ones that already have the better bushings?

also, do spherical bushings cause increased NVH? If so, are there other less aggressive RLCA bushings that do not cause a noticeable increase in NVH?
RLCA spherical bearing is a very nice upgrade. The old bushing and sleeve can sometimes be a PITA to remove. I broke a brand new 12 ton shop press trying to get mine out. I ended up having to enlist the help of my buddy, who had a much stronger press to get them out and press the new ones in. NVH is very minimal on my car which has a slew of hardcore suspension parts.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My OCD is trying to kick in again. Iā€™m debating whether to try this method on the mounting plate areas of the subframe braces to get rid of the obvious edges from where the powder coating was removed with the putty knife and/or wire wheel on one brace before I realized the wire wheel wasnā€™t such a good idea.

Anyways, I thought Iā€™d share this in case someone wants to strip theirs the easy way prior to painting it. Let me know your thoughts before I make a decision. The last thing I want to do is make matters worse by doing this if it might negatively affect the surrounding powder coated areas.

I should also add that I am ready to finish up the car and begin driving it again after being down for a month, so more lengthy delays arenā€™t very appealing to me at this point.

MEDIA=youtube]EE5ubKtTcLE[/MEDIA]
Sponsored

Last edited: