BigD94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - PP1 - Manual
Hey guys,

I'm in the process of redoing my entire suspension and I'm having trouble choosing new springs. I am already decided on the FRPP Track kit for struts and shocks.

I currently have eibach pro springs and I'm trying to find springs with a similar drop (~ 1 inch), but maybe better suited to spirited driving / twisty backroads. Not sure if I wanna stay with progressive springs or go linear. Open to any suggestions.

Currently considering the BMR SP083 (per @Bluemustang recommendation) or the Steeda Ultralite Linear or the Ford Performance Y Springs. Again, I am open to any suggestions considering they get a similar drop to the eibach pro I have.

Thanks,
D
Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FRPP claims they were designed to be used with Track Lowering Springs M-5300-YA, and that's what they sell in the full package

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
I have the same shock/strut set up with the BMR springs you listed. Absolutely love the change it made. The spring rates are relatively close to a GT350 OE. I Paired it with 350R front and rear sway bars and it’s pretty damn solid. Have no complaints and it handles Road America and Autobahn really well.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I am going to vote FP Track springs.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I have the complete Ford Performance track handling kit with the adjustable sways on my car and I think it works great. Ride is comparable to a GT350 from a stiffness point of view. I really like it for daily driving. The car is lowered significantly, but I haven't had any problems with dragging the splitter tires rubbing (even the Mach 1 HP OE sizes fit) or anything like that.

I think the springs that come with the FP track handling kit are a decent choice for street driving and they work well for the track. I'd prefer a firmer spring for the track, but for the street I think they are nearly perfect.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BigD94

BigD94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
I have the complete Ford Performance track handling kit with the adjustable sways on my car and I think it works great. Ride is comparable to a GT350 from a stiffness point of view. I really like it for daily driving. The car is lowered significantly, but I haven't had any problems with dragging the splitter tires rubbing (even the Mach 1 HP OE sizes fit) or anything like that.

I think the springs that come with the FP track handling kit are a decent choice for street driving and they work well for the track. I'd prefer a firmer spring for the track, but for the street I think they are nearly perfect.
I read in another thread that some guys experienced very little drop in the rear with the ford springs. Did anything like this happen with your setup?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I read in another thread that some guys experienced very little drop in the rear with the ford springs. Did anything like this happen with your setup?
It lowered the car roughly equally front and rear. I don't have a good photo showing it, but there's about 1/2 inch between the top of the tire and the top of the wheel arch. I just went out to the garage with a measuring tape and they are very close to the same front and rear.

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
I assume you know that springs will settle so initial drop won’t be the final result. But also, a lot of people forget to clock the suspension after an install. Which results in not as much of a drop as expected.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
The track springs are nice. TBH i haven't tracked my car but i would be surprised if the springs were stiff enough for a fast track. They're pretty great for the street though.

And yes your rear will sit a bit higher. Not a big deal IMO but it was more noticeable before I got 275/40 tires.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
My S550,which I have since sold, the rear dropped .7" while he front dropped .875"

Finished product.jpg

Sponsored

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
My drop was also equal front and rear.

I installed per the Ford installation instructions, had the bushings clocked and an alignment performed afterwards. It finished settling a bit after that. I definitely have the revised "A" pack (M-FR3A-M8A).

To OP: unless you would have no issue installing the springs yourself, there is a definite cost savings involved going with the entire FP track handling pack. Everything is packaged very nice and the install instructions are good. The worst part of it is the rear knuckle to toe link bearing (M-5A460-M). Some people skip it or buy the knuckle.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Mine dropped the full 20 mm in the front, but only 12 mm in the rear. Installed properly, and run sphericals, no bushings.

OP, run the FP springs, or if you want a more dynamic set up, put on AJ Hartmans coilover conversion kit and you can go up to 400 lbs in the front (And the car would like a lot more than 400 lbs in the front FYI) and still rides great if you are cruising.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

I'm in the process of redoing my entire suspension and I'm having trouble choosing new springs. I am already decided on the FRPP Track kit for struts and shocks.

I currently have eibach pro springs and I'm trying to find springs with a similar drop (~ 1 inch), but maybe better suited to spirited driving / twisty backroads. Not sure if I wanna stay with progressive springs or go linear. Open to any suggestions.

Currently considering the BMR SP083 (per @Bluemustang recommendation) or the Steeda Ultralite Linear or the Ford Performance Y Springs. Again, I am open to any suggestions considering they get a similar drop to the eibach pro I have.

Thanks,
D
I've got the same setup using Steeda linear minimum drop springs. I like the setup a lot.

OP
OP
BigD94

BigD94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
My drop was also equal front and rear.

I installed per the Ford installation instructions, had the bushings clocked and an alignment performed afterwards. It finished settling a bit after that. I definitely have the revised "A" pack (M-FR3A-M8A).

To OP: unless you would have no issue installing the springs yourself, there is a definite cost savings involved going with the entire FP track handling pack. Everything is packaged very nice and the install instructions are good. The worst part of it is the rear knuckle to toe link bearing (M-5A460-M). Some people skip it or buy the knuckle.
Yea I'm going to do the install of the FP shocks/struts as well as the springs myself. I have all the tools and I like working on this car haha.

And at this point I just need the springs. I have aftermarket sways and I have the toe link bearing so no need for the full kit.

Mine dropped the full 20 mm in the front, but only 12 mm in the rear. Installed properly, and run sphericals, no bushings.

OP, run the FP springs, or if you want a more dynamic set up, put on AJ Hartmans coilover conversion kit and you can go up to 400 lbs in the front (And the car would like a lot more than 400 lbs in the front FYI) and still rides great if you are cruising.
Yea man I'm actually looking to simplify my setup. I'm going from koni yellows to the FP shocks/struts. I do not use the adjustability on the konis (one is also damaged and they're pretty worn out). And it's not that I dont like the eibach pro spring I currently have, I just want to try something new that might pair better with the FP shocks/struts.

My only thing is keeping a similar drop to my current setup.

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
I'm running BMR springs - SP084 front handling springs (246 in-lb), and SP099 rear drag springs (800 in-lb). I think they match up pretty well with the FRPP dampers. The rears could have a little better rebound damping, but that's me nitpicking. Lowering looks to be a little less than an inch, giving the car a much better profile while still being to traverse the crappy streets around my office in Dallas.

I highly recommend my spring setup as it keeps the rear a little softer and more compliant than the rear handling springs (980 lb-in), while making the front more responsive. I read a lot of threads around here before changing the fronts to the handling version - I previously had the SP081 performance springs (170 lb-in) and felt the front was a little soft for my liking.
Sponsored