honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Do you know anyone who has done back to back track results? If it doesn't increase HP or TQ but makes throttle control faster and more precise, that will show on a track I would think? Otherwise it's like the good old placebo days of installing mods which claimed better performance but in reality lost performance. I just want to see some sort of matrix other than people's opinions. Thanks
I ran them back to back on the same track day. Throttle tip in was noticeably improved and rev match was snappier.

It's a great mod with no downsides as far as I can tell
Sponsored

Deadly0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I had to take mine off. After two different TB's leaving me on the side of the road three times after becoming stuck, I switched back to the stock unit.

A shame, because like others I felt that the throttle response was improved. I think I just got the bad luck of the draw unfortunately 🤷‍♂️

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I ran them back to back on the same track day. Throttle tip in was noticeably improved and rev match was snappier.

It's a great mod with no downsides as far as I can tell
Great to hear. I appreciate your opinion.

dtheo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Buyer
I had to take mine off. After two different TB's leaving me on the side of the road three times after becoming stuck, I switched back to the stock unit.

A shame, because like others I felt that the throttle response was improved. I think I just got the bad luck of the draw unfortunately 🤷‍♂️
Thats crazy that two of them didn't work right.......did Soler rep respond?

Deadly0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Thats crazy that two of them didn't work right.......did Soler rep respond?
Yeah, Mike at Soler did respond and I have to give him a ton of credit. The first time I sent it back, I emailed him with a description of what happened with the car, and he quickly arranged for me to ship the original unit back to be repaired. The unit was repaired, sent back, and worked well for a while until it too got stuck, at which point he credited me $100 and sent me a new unit.

Unfortunately that one got stuck too. I was out of town doing a HPDE, and brought the stock TB with me just in case...I reached out to Soler, but I believe Mike was on vacation. Haven't heard back as of yet.

Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Yeah, Mike at Soler did respond and I have to give him a ton of credit. The first time I sent it back, I emailed him with a description of what happened with the car, and he quickly arranged for me to ship the original unit back to be repaired. The unit was repaired, sent back, and worked well for a while until it too got stuck, at which point he credited me $100 and sent me a new unit.

Unfortunately that one got stuck too. I was out of town doing a HPDE, and brought the stock TB with me just in case...I reached out to Soler, but I believe Mike was on vacation. Haven't heard back as of yet.
Can you elaborate? When you say it stuck, was is stuck closed? My fist unit did that. They worked on it and it was better but still did it. The replacement has been flawless.

Deadly0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Can you elaborate? When you say it stuck, was is stuck closed? My fist unit did that. They worked on it and it was better but still did it. The replacement has been flawless.
Yes, Mike had determined that the original unit stuck closed. He re-worked the same unit, and sent it back. The re-worked unit was great for a while before I had the same issues again (car stumbled at low rpm and eventually shuts off, no throttle response, multiple error lights/codes). I reached back out, where Mike was very apologetic and arranged for a new unit and gave me a credit. I should point out that at that time, he also gave me the option of a full refund, but I chose not to accept that and try another unit, since I did enjoy the mod. I made sure to install it correctly, follow all of the instructions, etc. to eliminate any errors on my part.

Second unit again lasted a few months before (I assume) getting stuck closed again; same symptoms, which immediately went away with the stock TB. Haven't had a response regarding this most recent TB.

Like I said, afterwards I just went back to the stock unit and chalked it up to bad luck. It seems that others have had good results and success with it - I may have just drawn the short straw.
Sponsored