Side Skirt Replacement

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
Go to the body shop department of the dealership and have them look it up as if it had been damaged in an accident! Im sure they can bring up an exploded view showing all of the individual pieces for the side splitter including hardware. That would be the route I would go. I find it almost impossible that it’s all one piece including the body color painted lower rocker molding. The side splitters (lower black unpainted plastic) are a separate piece even though you have to pop part of the body color painted piece loose to remove it. Whether the “fin” that sticks out is separate from the side splitter is another question, but just looking at it it looks like a separate piece just stacked under the side splitter. Like they just added it onto the GT350 side splitters they already had in production.
Just my thoughts!
Ken
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jason29

Jason29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500, 2012 Boss 302 Silver Laguna Seca
Do you know if the outer splitter can be separated from the rest of the pieces?

I think the dealer is trying to protect their gross. They should fix it either way, I agree, but if they feel they can get more for the car selling it to someone else, they may pass on my deal, fix it, and add markup to the next deal. Or they’ll just “fix it” with armor all. I have seen both scenarios done in the past.

No, I believe it is true.

Why isn't the dealership fixing this? Do they really think you or someone else is going to buy this and pay to have it fixed on their own?

This makes no sense.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Do you know if the outer splitter can be separated from the rest of the pieces?

I think the dealer is trying to protect their gross. They should fix it either way, I agree, but if they feel they can get more for the car selling it to someone else, they may pass on my deal, fix it, and add markup to the next deal. Or they’ll just “fix it” with armor all. I have seen both scenarios done in the past.
Yes, I believe the part can be removed, but you can't buy it separately. I would walk unless you are getting the car for under MSRP.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
See, there's the kicker as Tom said,

You can't buy it separately.

Same as the manufacturers have been doing for years with options...it's all a "package" now, no more individual selections.

Follow the money.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
See, there's the kicker as Tom said,

You can't buy it separately.

Same as the manufacturers have been doing for years with options...it's all a "package" now, no more individual selections.

Follow the money.
Its like the hood vent, I tried to buy a separate rain tray and they don't sell them separately, it is one assembly.

Seriously, what kind of BS is it that a dealer won't fix the car.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
OP
OP
Jason29

Jason29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500, 2012 Boss 302 Silver Laguna Seca
Thank you for sharing these. I had seen them in my research also. It made me think the factory piece would come in separate pieces. I’m surprised the Anderson Composites just replace the factory ones if they are supposedly all connected to the lower rockers as one piece from the factory or at least they is how Ford sells the replacement part.

Has anyone here tried these Anderson Composite lower pieces or taken the factory piece off? Just curious what is really involved.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions.

This is one of the few areas on the car I haven't really looked at. I thought it was two piece. In fact, Anderson Composites sells the pieces separate from each other and they are supposed to mimic the factory parts here - or so I thought.

https://andersoncomposites.com/coll...n-fiber-side-rocker-panel-splitter-extensions
AC-SX20FDMU500_01.jpg

https://andersoncomposites.com/coll...t500-carbon-fiber-side-rocker-panel-splitters

S20FDMU500_01_532edc8b-19ae-45ad-abcc-8afe8850c38a.jpg

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
Thank you for sharing these. I had seen them in my research also. It made me think the factory piece would come in separate pieces. I’m surprised the Anderson Composites just replace the factory ones if they are supposedly all connected to the lower rockers as one piece from the factory or at least they is how Ford sells the replacement part.

Has anyone here tried these Anderson Composite lower pieces or taken the factory piece off? Just curious what is really involved.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions.
We tooled from actual GT500 model. The rocker assembly is two pieces. The cutout area as shown in this thread and our website is where the splitter extension goes. Thus, you cannot simply add the splitter extensions to a GT350 or S550 style rocker that fastens in the factory locations. Here's link to our GT350 style rocker installation video for reference.
Sponsored