Schroth QuickFit 4 Point Harness Install

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Just installed these harnesses, they work nice! I got the Mustang 2018-2020 pro sets.

• Remove rocker panel plastic - lift upwards
  • Remove back seat - 2 release latches under center of seats, push reward
  • Remove quarter panel plastic - start from rear and work forward
  • Remove two 50 torx bolts from bottom belt sensor
  • Fit hip belt male adapter to front bolt under sensor
  • Put two thick washers underneath sensor for back bolt - not sure this necessary but I wanted to keep similar alignment
  • Install shoulder belt male adapter using factory shoulder belt 13mm bolt - I positioned belt pointing to outside of car, 90 degree bend, on top of factory bracket to get max height
  • Mark area of plastic and remove plastic on rear quarter panel for lap belt male adapter - I went up from the tether cut out to just below rocker panel bend, 2.1 inches forward down the bend, and then down
  • Install rear quarter plastic panel
  • Install rocker panel plastic panel
  • Repeat for passenger side if required
  • Install rear seat
Activity area
F8CB4478-0A0F-4902-BE3F-5552C16D297F.jpeg

Rear quarter plastic panel push pin locations

31E0DE8E-3E68-45ED-A501-CAA78C67F850.jpeg

Lap belt male adapter
FE192A6B-0D44-4E5D-BCDD-CF8F42217CAB.jpeg

Disclaimer: I’m not sure if this is the correct way to install these, but they’ll hold us in place on track days and we didn’t get any dash warnings.

5F9268B6-BC23-421F-9EA8-4068CB87958F.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
How nerve wracking was removing all of that interior plastic? I would worry about breaking things that seem designed to only go together once

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Great Tech/DIY thread for the harness install!

Thank you for taking the time to post the DIY and the accompanying pictures, visuals always help!!

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
If you intend to take your car on a road course, you need to add an anti submarine belt
Without it, the lap portion of the harness will move up as you tighten the shoulders straps… no bueno

OP
OP
Knockdown

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Here’s a couple of links to videos, these belts incorporate a Schroth Anti-submarine technology, I hope I never have test it! I’m not affiliated with Schroth or HMS Motorsports

Schroth QuickFit Overview
QuickFit Pro Crash Test

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Here’s a couple of links to videos, these belts incorporate a Schroth Anti-submarine technology, I hope I never have test it! I’m not affiliated with Schroth or HMS Motorsports

Schroth QuickFit Overview
QuickFit Pro Crash Test
You misunderstood my post. I’m well aware of the Schroth design since I use one, albeit with a crotch belt, I was talking about the fact that without a crotch belt, you are pulling up the lap belt as you tighten the shoulder belts and the buckle end up way to high on your stomach

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
The quick fit is an autocross belt. The road course nearest my house (Canaan) doesn’t even allow 4 point belts. 3 or 6 are the real options. 5 if you hate your manhood.

OP
OP
Knockdown

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
You misunderstood my post. I’m well aware of the Schroth design since I use one, albeit with a crotch belt, I was talking about the fact that without a crotch belt, you are pulling up the lap belt as you tighten the shoulder belts and the buckle end up way to high on your stomach
You are correct, one can’t tighten the shoulder belts up too much as to move the lap belt higher off the hip/upper thigh. We have only test fitted these and done a few brake tests, snugging up the belts and then moving the seat forward to tighten up seemed to work the best to keep the lap belt located correctly.

Reactions: luc

Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Personally I'd be really cautious of any of these kits that mount to the rear seats for track use. Improperly mounted harnesses can injure you in a crash. If you are at the point of wanting harnesses I'd look into a harness bar at least. Go and look up some articles on belt angles and make sure they are safe.

OP
OP
Knockdown

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
C’mon guys, if I wanted a permanent harness installation, I would of put one in. Schroth and I feel this is a step up from a factory 3 point seat belt and it’s easy to remove when I’m using the car on the street 95%+ of the time.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Personally I'd be really cautious of any of these kits that mount to the rear seats for track use. Improperly mounted harnesses can injure you in a crash. If you are at the point of wanting harnesses I'd look into a harness bar at least. Go and look up some articles on belt angles and make sure they are safe.
Are roll bar mounted better than the Schroth? Yes
Are a Schroth better than 3 pts belt? Yes
Furthermore a racing harness, as well than a racing seat, serve a dual purpose, safety of course but also better feel and control for the car
No way you can drive well if you’re bracing yourself in turns

Wildwildwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Seems like a well engineered and integrated (seat belt warning lights, air bag deploy parameters, and easy install/removal) harness solution from a reputable manufacturer to use for autocross, HPDE/track days, and spirited street driving. Better than OEM seat belt system, but not a “full race” regulation setup. One of the more eloquent and ideal solutions for those mostly street driving their cars. Would love to hear from OP on his impressions using the harness…did it work as advertised?, and issues or unfavorable characteristic?