Sponsored

Ordered a Watson 4 point roll bar

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Just pulled the trigger on this today and will get shipped same day. I am hoping to have this installed in time for my track day April 24. I went on YouTube to see if are any videos of installing in a Mach 1 and I can't find one, so I will be doing it on my channel, Turnbull Garage.
There are some videos of installs on a GT350 or a GT which is the same, but I will be doing one for the Mach 1.
For those that don't do YouTube (is there any one that doesn't?) I will post pictures.
Stay tuned.

UPDATE
Got bar painted up. Needs a few touch ups, but pretty happy with this colour scheme.

IMG_8130.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Looking forward to seeing this. I assume it deletes the rear seat?

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Looks like a true bolt in install with they claim minimal trim alterations needed to interior. That’s what I want to see. I love the idea of a roll bar but the idea of hacking up the interior not so much!

Sponsored

Roady68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
23 Mach 1 Eruption Green, 6 spd, '69 Road Runner
I think one of the large suppliers has a video. Either Steeda or CJ Pony Parts. I watched it a couple of times as I am contemplating the four point bar too.

Found it. Was LMR.

Last edited:

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
It should be easy, and a materials engineer will come on here and tell me I am wrong, but the way the Watson bolts to the car on the front of the bar, it seems like a massive potential failure point. Introducing angles where as a CMS bolts directly to the strongest points on the car, where as the Watson (And the RSR) bolts to the base of the B pilar, then extends towards the center of the car, resting on the bulkhead, but not being physically attached.

I am looking forward to seeing the install, post it up!

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Love my Watson roll bar and seat delete. Had them powder coat to match for a slight additional cost.
1711576826730-j4.jpg

Considering too this is the roll bar ford uses in all the track attack cars, development cars, prototypes, etc I’m pretty confident it will do its job should I ever god forbid need it to

Sponsored

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
I can't wait to see it

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
It should be easy, and a materials engineer will come on here and tell me I am wrong, but the way the Watson bolts to the car on the front of the bar, it seems like a massive potential failure point. Introducing angles where as a CMS bolts directly to the strongest points on the car, where as the Watson (And the RSR) bolts to the base of the B pilar, then extends towards the center of the car, resting on the bulkhead, but not being physically attached.

I am looking forward to seeing the install, post it up!
I have read what you mentioned somewhere before but I would hope that the company that developed production parts for the FP350s and a lot of Ford's programs would have taken all of that into consideration. The from of it bolts to the cross beam in the corners of the b pillar. a very very solid point and dont see how it would be a weak point. If anything it would be the down bars because the bolt to the rear but the feet are bolted across the structural support beam so in the event off rollover, those bars dont go through the car. Im confident in both CMS and Watson, but I know CMS is a bit lighter vs the steel Watson. The Chromoly Watson I have is pretty light at 37-40 lbs.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
I had a 4-point bolt-in installed in my Convertible. Not a Watson though. I know the installer had to do a small amount of cutting, but I can't see it. Looks great. I wouldn't have bothered, but the local drag strip won't let me race without one...
Sponsored