Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have the car in a garage so not sure lol. I tell you what i do when i wash it : big plastic sheet over the engine.
Last race it rained overnight and we cover the cars with one of this big blue tarp.
Open the hood. Wrap the tarp on top and shut the hood with it inside. Technically you dont need to cover the engine bay. But im more for "you never know"

For the fenders there is not a lot going on there so water won't be an issue.
You can always trim the liners.i stead removing them
I will let rub for now as others seemed not to feel so bad about it...but will cut once I go after those race louvers (fender louvers will be going in first before the hood ones).

I might make or purchase a rain pan for the race louvers...we shall see how it goes I guess.

Thanks for the input flyhalf!
Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
I will let rub for now as others seemed not to feel so bad about it...but will cut once I go after those race louvers (fender louvers will be going in first before the hood ones).

I might make or purchase a rain pan for the race louvers...we shall see how it goes I guess.

Thanks for the input flyhalf!
Anytime. Ps what suspension and wheels?

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Anytime. Ps what suspension and wheels?

Steeda non-adjustable Shocks and Struts with their sport progressive lowering springs. It lowered me about 1.5" front and rear equally. One of the best handling yet most polite-on-the-street ride qualities to me...I didn't want to go full "racecar" suspension quite yet.

These are 19x11 (true 11) square setup LMR SVE GT7s in graphite grey.
IMG_1669.jpeg

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Her first time with all four tires off…she needed to relax today for her brake bleed (gettin her nails done).
IMG_1885.jpeg

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Got it.
Im a linear believer and love the bmr springs. .75" drop. Awesome handling and great confort.
18x11 for the win :) less mass. no rub (man i made a jingle lol)

Sponsored

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Got it.
Im a linear believer and love the bmr springs. .75" drop. Awesome handling and great confort.
18x11 for the win :) less mass. no rub (man i made a jingle lol)
I will make sure to look into the BMR linear springs later on, I just didn't want to repeat my mistakes I made in my old track '95 Honda Accord (she never made it to her first track day, blew the transmission...darn things were made of glass). Since this is my only daily driver, I didn't want it to be TOO uncomfortable over the bumps.

18x11s...I might need some later on...but man when I tell you I got these 19x11s for a steal...$50 each rim from a very nice man at my first autox event :D shoutout to such a g

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
I will make sure to look into the BMR linear springs later on, I just didn't want to repeat my mistakes I made in my old track '95 Honda Accord (she never made it to her first track day, blew the transmission...darn things were made of glass). Since this is my only daily driver, I didn't want it to be TOO uncomfortable over the bumps.

18x11s...I might need some later on...but man when I tell you I got these 19x11s for a steal...$50 each rim from a very nice man at my first autox event :D shoutout to such a g
Cant beat that.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Verus wing facts.
After weighing my options and talking to the local hardos, I ordered a verus wing this morning. It seems well engineered and not totally absurd to have on a car that drives every day.

Thanks for making me aware of this brand. Will report back in a month or so when I run my first event with it.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
After weighing my options and talking to the local hardos, I ordered a verus wing this morning. It seems well engineered and not totally absurd to have on a car that drives every day.

Thanks for making me aware of this brand. Will report back in a month or so when I run my first event with it.
Please do keep us posted! I am trying to decide between them and a AJ Hartman wing.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

Still happy with mine.

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Is cost the deciding factor?
The AJ Wing is a great wing, but it costs more and requires more permanent changes to the trunklid to mount. If you're ok with those two it may be the better option.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Is cost the deciding factor?
Not currently. Building my own (3” out from stock?) splitter next month, and I want aero balance. Will save for whatever wing is best for track use unless you advise going the verus route.
@mavisky I don’t care at this point, this is my perma car until she is dead and can’t be revived.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I should build my splitter first then ask wing questions probably.