SCCA CAM-C Thread

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
OK, now I want to race some of you guys. I've got rear spring changes down to about 2 1/2 hours. That's in my driveway with jackstands, no lifts and completely solo. I'm probably not the fastest guy, but I bet I'm in the top bloody 3!
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
OK, now I want to race some of you guys. I've got rear spring changes down to about 2 1/2 hours. That's in my driveway with jackstands, no lifts and completely solo. I'm probably not the fastest guy, but I bet I'm in the top bloody 3!
does CAM-C have a 'paddock garage task' segment to total elapsed time?

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
does CAM-C have a 'paddock garage task' segment to total elapsed time?
First texas tour I did, I popped a rear shock mount getting to the venue. No one had a spare so I had to contact local Ford dealership, be there when it opened, grab some tools at auto zone. I got back to the venue with 10 mins to paddock call and swap it out.

Swapped the shock mount and made it just in time for first runs of the day.

I was so frazzled.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
For next season, I've decided to go all in with aero and will be building a front splitter out of plywood and rear spoiler from Lexan as well as Race Louvers hood louvers.

I fabbed up some sheet metal mounts and will be using some Professional Awesome splitter mounting braces and rods

Splitter design should be easily removable and will fit below the stock bellypan so I can remove the splitter for street duty.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I got back to the venue with 10 mins to paddock call and swap it out.

Swapped the shock mount and made it just in time for first runs of the day.

I was so frazzled.
Nah, that's the good shit.

Few things are as rewarding as overcoming a last minute problem which all your competitors assumed was going to take you out of contention. Working as fast as possible to fix whatever and then pushing the car up to the line with that, "Hey, MFr's, we're here!" look on your face is 1/2 the reason I do this. It's even better if you can win. Make a drug that feels like that and you're a billionaire, but a drug could never match it.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
For next season, I've decided to go all in with aero and will be building a front splitter out of plywood and rear spoiler from Lexan as well as Race Louvers hood louvers.

I fabbed up some sheet metal mounts and will be using some Professional Awesome splitter mounting braces and rods

Splitter design should be easily removable and will fit below the stock bellypan so I can remove the splitter for street duty.
It's going to be tough to match F&R aero, but you'll probably go faster even if you don't. Beyond the splitter, it would also be good to investigate dive planes and anything which helps evacuate the wheel wells.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
it would also be good to investigate dive planes and anything which helps evacuate the wheel wells.
Dive planes I think are technically not allowed - at Nats one of the cars was protested for them from what I understand - as unusual as protest in CAM is. For rear side " No rear wings may be added except OE or equivalent. " - I think interpretation was that if one model of that generation of cars had OE wing, it can be installed on any - so ZLE wing on 6th gen Camaro (saw at least one Turbo 1/LE with replica wing competing nationally). Don't think anyone tried GT500 CFTP wing - yet. They're little more expensive than lexan spoilers.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Dive planes I think are technically not allowed - at Nats one of the cars was protested for them from what I understand - as unusual as protest in CAM is.
Weird, maybe it was the dive plane placement?

This is the rule: "Front splitter, air dam, and/or spoiler may be added below the bumper and
may extend a maximun of 6.0” forward from the integral bumper as viewed
from above or the original body excluding non-integral bumpers."

To me, this says that if it's below the bumper, then you're good.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
BTW, 2 rear spring changes yesterday and I woke up feeling like I'd gone a round or two with BoBo the gorilla. This getting old stuff if B.S.!

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t really enjoy the wrenching part, but I’m cheap, so…

Here’s a decent run from today. Its a blazing 30.09 sec lap of Circuit of the Americas
… (lot H parking lot)

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Had an event today. This wasn't my fastest run, but my camera died midway through the last run. It was my 2nd fastest...

Finished 20th/142 in PAX today.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Had an event today. This wasn't my fastest run, but my camera died midway through the last run. It was my 2nd fastest...

Finished 20th/142 in PAX today.
Such a good site. Looks like a ton of fun.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I don’t really enjoy the wrenching part, but I’m cheap, so…
Ya, I'm cheap and I kinda like doing it, so I'm doomed to be sore every once in a while.

Good runs by both of you. They were both big/heavy/dumb car friendly courses, which is cool to see. It seems like I'm always trying to thread the needles made by Miata-driving course designers. Running on a track like Ken's course is pretty much as good as it gets without doing Time Attack.
Sponsored