Sponsored

SCCA CAM-C Thread

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
You shouldn’t need one in the rear
Front will bolt up with 20-25mm most likely, but your strut tubes *are* rather large :giggle:
I use a 25mm spacer for non-Shelby 19x11s so yeah, I'm nervous I'll need more than the 30mm one I also have.

I do like how the tire sits mounted on the wheel. Looks matched perfect staggered special ;-)

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'll need a 35mm spacer up front, make some room on the inboard side of the front fender liner and trim the area by the mud flap to make this work up front. At max camber anyway.

In the rear it looks like it fits with no spacer but I'll use a 5mm one for extra room around the upper shock mount and parking brake cables.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I think the thinnest spacers that you can get away with running will give you the best chance of not kicking over a cone that you get really close to. Perhaps especially for the rear.

Norm

jpaulson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
I received my coilovers from Jeff at Proparts a couple of weeks ago. I have a couple of events on them now. I went with their Megan/Bilstein setup. They take a set of Megan Racing coilovers and ditch the internals, replacing them with Bilstein components, valved for your rates. You end up with a single adjustable(rebound) monotube setup for around $2000. I went with 600# front springs and am continuing to use the Steeda DR rear springs.

The car feels great! I had my engineer (thanks Mr Otis!) take a few runs in it this weekend. He was impressed how similar the shock package felt to the big$$$ MCS setup that he had on his Camaro. The dyno plots agree. He also had some interesting thoughts on the diff and brakes of the GT compared to his SS. He really liked how the torsen entered and rolled middle of the corner. He also very much liked the brake balance. I am running OEM PP pads in front and Hawk HPS 5.0 in rear.

I am only a few months into this CAM thing but am already getting very used to jacking this thing up and taking it apart. hahaha #CAMlife

Going to just keep throwing tires at it for the rest of the season and work on driving it.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I received my coilovers from Jeff at Proparts a couple of weeks ago. I have a couple of events on them now. I went with their Megan/Bilstein setup. They take a set of Megan Racing coilovers and ditch the internals, replacing them with Bilstein components, valved for your rates. You end up with a single adjustable(rebound) monotube setup for around $2000. I went with 600# front springs and am continuing to use the Steeda DR rear springs.

The car feels great! I had my engineer (thanks Mr Otis!) take a few runs in it this weekend. He was impressed how similar the shock package felt to the big$$$ MCS setup that he had on his Camaro. The dyno plots agree. He also had some interesting thoughts on the diff and brakes of the GT compared to his SS. He really liked how the torsen entered and rolled middle of the corner. He also very much liked the brake balance. I am running OEM PP pads in front and Hawk HPS 5.0 in rear.

I am only a few months into this CAM thing but am already getting very used to jacking this thing up and taking it apart. hahaha #CAMlife

Going to just keep throwing tires at it for the rest of the season and work on driving it.
That's not bad...pics?

jpaulson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
I didn't take any pics before installation. Was too busy installing for the event the next day.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT

Is the Torsen still the "stock" unit and with the Ford oem gear oil and friction modifier or equivalent?

Thanks,

Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
@jpaulson thanks for the update. Do the front struts come with adjustable camber plates or what are you doing for camber?

I don't see adj camber plates in pics of the struts on the Megan Racing website so curious what you came up with.

jpaulson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
@jpaulson thanks for the update. Do the front struts come with adjustable camber plates or what are you doing for camber?

I don't see adj camber plates in pics of the struts on the Megan Racing website so curious what you came up with.
Steve, they come with camber plates and the upper strut mount hole is also slotted. With both maxed I can get about -4.5 degrees.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase