Sponsored

Rpg racing engines

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
How much are you willing to spend on a sleeved SB ?
Is your motor still good and you are just planning for the future?

Like @80FoxCoupe said , with a good block and crank you could have a sleeved block for $6800 .
As much as I love Will , that’s the way I would go .
if you pick the right engine builder you should not have that much downtime .

Or just start gathering parts and save up for the labor with sleeves ... that’s how I aquired my “spares “ . Its less painful(and easier to hide from the Boss😎) than plunking it down all at once .
I am tempted to offer you one of my spares ... but you know how it goes ... that’s when I will need it .
I am looking at selling or trading my 15’s for a GT 500 .
if it happens I won’t need so many spares then 😎
Sponsored

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
I talked to him briefly. I told him what I'm looking for and he said the gen 3 stage level 2 short block is the way to go.
So I looked back on an email from Will. A 5.2L Gen 2 block has a 5.2L Crank. With all the goodies it and can handle (A TON) power. That'll double your goal.

I got this block, but for Gen 3 5.0L crank with 3.7 pistons. The Gen 3 crankshaft is good up to A ton(2000hp) also.

It was expensive though...

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
So I looked back on an email from Will. A 5.2L Gen 2 block has a 5.2L Crank. With all the goodies it and can handle (A TON) power. That'll double your goal.

I got this block, but for Gen 3 5.0L crank with 3.7 pistons. The Gen 3 crankshaft is good up to A ton(2000hp) also.

It was expensive though...
Gen3 crank good to 2000hp?

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550

Sponsored

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
1500-1800. I just rounded up. Thats what we talked about before having to go with a billet crank.
pity these HP figures don't come about because the rotating assembly spins to 10,500 RPM and instead uses giant gobs of torque which by it's nature breaks things.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
pity these HP figures don't come about because the rotating assembly spins to 10,500 RPM and instead uses giant gobs of torque which by it's nature breaks things.
Seriously, HP ratings are useless with out an RPM rating to go along with it.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I would have thought a Gen2 was stronger because it has iron liners and isn't open deck?

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp

Like @80FoxCoupe said , with a good block and crank you could have a sleeved block for $6800 .

Or just start gathering parts and save up for the labor with sleeves ... that’s how I aquired my “spares “ . Its less painful(and easier to hide from the Boss😎) than plunking it down all at once .
I am tempted to offer you one of my spares ... but you know how it goes ... that’s when I will need it .
7 grand on a short block is the most I'm willing to spend. TKM has a sleeved block for 8 grand but it's not covered under warranty. Will said if I send him my heads and timing chains cams etc etc. He can put everything together and give me a year warranty on the long block for 9 grand. Plus shipping so I'm guessing around 9500 after I pay to ship my heads and etc to him and have everything shipped back..he said for my goals 900hp to 1000hp at the wheel I'll be fine. My main thing is the warranty. Alot of these engines builders won't give u a warranty

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp

Oh.. and my block is in good shape but it has low compression in cylinder 8nand 6. Cracked ringlands. Wayyyy down the line.. I'll sleeve that motor

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I would have thought a Gen2 was stronger because it has iron liners and isn't open deck?
I talked to RPG about the gen 3 block vs the gen 2.. he recommended the gen 3. The Gen-3 block has several improvements over the Gen-2 units, mainly in the bores. First is the increase in bore size from 92.2mm (3.630 inches) to 93mm (3.661 inches). Also, it gets the same plasma-spray cylinder liner as the current GT500 Predator engine. Open deck designs have the coolant channel cast into the top of the deck. The design improves cooling and reduces hot spots in the cylinder.
Sponsored