Sponsored

Built short block rpg

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Really!!. Thats great news. I was adding up an oil pan, oil cooler, crank sprocket oil pump gears and oil pump. So all I need is head gaskets??? Good to hear
The stock head gasket will work fine. I would use aftermarket secondary chains and gt350 primary’s with boss tensioners. At least use aftermarket secondary chains. Knock sensors might need tuning.
it’s very straight forward

Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
The stock head gasket will work fine. I would use aftermarket secondary chains and gt350 primary’s with boss tensioners. At least use aftermarket secondary chains. Knock sensors might need tuning.
it’s very straight forward
I just ordered gt350 primary chains for 65$. Not sure who’s secondary chains to get yet.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I just ordered gt350 primary chains for 65$. Not sure who’s secondary chains to get yet.
I run Accufab. But some have said they are all the same. Contrary to what John at Accufab has told me. Either way, all are supposedly better than oem secondary chains.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I run Accufab. But some have said they are all the same. Contrary to what John at Accufab has told me. Either way, all are supposedly better than oem secondary chains.
That’s likely who I’m going with too.
I have issues with MMR personally so they are out.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
That’s likely who I’m going with too.
I have issues with MMR personally so they are out.
I run sai li but all aftermarket should be better than stock even MMR. Check out the secondary tensioner flip bracket.
if you want the best head gaskets get cometic
I use boss tensioners, they have a ratchet that keeps tension even without oil pressure. The stock doesn’t keep tension until you have oil pressure.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I run sai li but all aftermarket should be better than stock even MMR. Check out the secondary tensioner flip bracket.
if you want the best head gaskets get cometic
I use boss tensioners, they have a ratchet that keeps tension even without oil pressure. The stock doesn’t keep tension until you have oil pressure.
I’ll have to decide on chains.
flip bracket is on the way and I’ve actually had boss tensioner for years . Did them when I did my intake cams. Been great for me. Thanks for the tips.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
A gen3 shortblock with the timing components taken care of. It should be a pretty stout engine
Sponsored