Rock Chips

Cody5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Performance Pack
Are the Mach 1 handling package flares even the least bit effective at preventing chips on panels behind the front tires? My 2018 GT PP2 decimated the paint on leading edges and especially the 1/4 panel right behind the doors.

Any input is appreciated.
Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
These things do throw rock like the bad ass neighborhood kid!

Mach1soldier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 f150 EB
No chips at 2k miles so I would say yes

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I think PPF is a must have for the front bar and lower sides of the Mach 1, from behind the front wheel arches to the rear bar inclusive.
Stickier and wider the tyre's = greater need for PPF.

I'd also consider PPF for the black gloss panel above the rear bumper and the external mirror's.
The entertainment unit screen as well.

That would be the minimum to protect the car, you could go a lot further with PPF depending on your budget.

If you don't tailgate cars/trucks in front, you can avoid a good percentage of stones/gravel that would otherwise be thrown up onto your bonnet.

Sponsored

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
There is a company called Dr color chip, that has a paint repair process that works well! This might help for your car or at least fix your paint with out painting your car or leaving blobs of paint with a touch up brush. I hope this helps Joe.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This is why I have PPF on the entire front and also the rear quarters. The PS4S tires don't kick up rocks like the Cup 2's do. Those literally stick to everything on the street it seems like.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
This is why I have PPF on the entire front and also the rear quarters. The PS4S tires don't kick up rocks like the Cup 2's do. Those literally stick to everything on the street it seems like.
If you choose the big wheel package when all you do is drive on the street, you are much more likely to get chips and spoiler scrapes.

ChemEng44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Tremor, 2021 Mach 1 HP, 2021 F-Pace SVR

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Did you ppf the hood, particularly the matte hood center stripe?

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
3500 miles with cups 2s, PPF on every thing but the stripes and I noticed some damage on the rear of the inner rolled part of the rocker panel just behind the wheels, mall chips just below the where the moldings stop, and a bit of dimpling around the area into the stripe not noticeable and touch up would hide every bit of it. Nothing found on the rear.

My problem is rocks getting stuck in-between the fender and moldings. The PP2 rear rock guards did the same deal. I'm going to have to remove them and retape them and see if it helps. I've seen rocks getting thrown over the side of the car while looking in the mirrors and been told it throws them 20 feet back when I drive by. Even have found chunks of asphalt on top of the truck...my neighborhood streets are really bad, I probably have ten pounds of gravel in the rear pan, PPF should be standard.

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 F350 DRW Platinum
I did PPF on the front of the car, the rocker panels and some of the rear quarter panels. But so far the only places I've had rock chips are the A pillars and the front of the roof right above the windshield.....
Sponsored