Sponsored

Rev Matching Retrofit

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Really good info. Please keep us posted!

And everyone else take the bickering elsewhere. We're all impressed you can heel/toe. We're just talking about retrofitting a factory feature that would be nice to have.
Definitely would love to add if possible.
Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
One of the main reasons I waited for the '19s instead of getting a '18 is the rev-match feature. I can heel/toe, I can also adjust ignition points but don't feel I should have to in 2019. Rev-match is a nice feature (it can be switched off for those who don't want it).

I plan to help to find any information I can to assist those who want to install rev-match for their pre-'19 Mustangs. Isn't that what these forums are for?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
One of the main reasons I waited for the '19s instead of getting a '18 is the rev-match feature. I can heel/toe, I can also adjust ignition points but don't feel I should have to in 2019. Rev-match is a nice feature (it can be switched off for those who don't want it).

I plan to help to find any information I can to assist those who want to install rev-match for their pre-'19 Mustangs. Isn't that what these forums are for?
Agreed. OP did set the ground rules.

But let's not open a side-topic down Today's Entitlement-Mentality Road either.

Back on topic, my understanding of these OE systems is that they're still either always-on or completely off and that it's on the driver to be the one switching between those modes on the fly. Something to be kept in mind.

Norm

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sounded from that thread like they had the capability of performing the mod. The question is, is it worth it for them to do the research.

lb18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I wonder if this is something that could be incorporated into a Ford Performance Power Pack for the 2018s?

TrackBred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lighting Blue PP2
:sunglasses:

lb18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I went in, and talked to the Ford Performance Tech at our local Ford/Roush dealer. I told him what I wanted to do, and asked if there was a Ford Performance upgrade kit for the 2018 GT to get the rev matching feature. He looked at his computer which has the schematics of both 2018 and 2019 transmissions respectively. Now, he is very intrigued, because there appears to be no difference between the two. The tranny's are the same, including the sensors.

(OP, I honestly don't know about the 2017 though.)

So, now his interest is really peaked, because he wants to figure out if it can be done. He basically told me, it looks like it's a software upgrade only, and wants to find out if there is a PCM flash to upgrade the files that allow us to do it. He took my info down, and said he wants to do some more research, because he can't see any reason why it can't be done based on the schematics and parts listings. I'll give him a week or two, and see if he gets back to me.
Have you been able to get any feedback on this? Would love to have this feature in my car. Thanks for checking into it!

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Have you been able to get any feedback on this? Would love to have this feature in my car. Thanks for checking into it!
No, not yet. Been in the middle of another project. I may be heading back up there in the next week or two.

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any updates on this? Hoping for some good news lol

lb18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I reached out to Ford Performance and asked if this might be incorporated into a power pack for the 2018 model since it hasn't come out yet. Take my feedback for what its worth which isn't much...

My understanding is that they tried to incorporate it into a tune but the circuitry is different in the 2018 transmission vs the 2019 so they weren't able to do so. Based on this I assume a part(s) is different between the two however I'm still hopeful someone will figure it out so we can add this to our 2018s.

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Bump. Any news?

Also, why can't a blip be programmed in by tuners? Surely they can program a throttle blip when the eco detects brake and clutch at the same time. This would be ideal, for example when the car is toggled in to track mode, so it doesn't do it all the time.

OP
OP
Blacktop17

Blacktop17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT , 1986 GT
Vehicle Showcase
So from what I understand you need a computer programmer to alter the computer to accept a rev matching option then the actual rev-match program needs to be installed and a few sensors like a gear position sensor? Wish it was a kit you could buy from Ford.
Sponsored