Rev Matching Retrofit

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
There appears to be a box with a connector on top of the transmission of the '19 models. The wiring diagrams show the part and connector, does anyone have the '18 wiring diagrams to confirm that those are not there on that year?

Next time I am under the car (should be soon, to change the diff oil) I will attempt to take a photo of the box on the xmsn.
Sponsored

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
I think it could be purely a software patch as all the hardware is already there.

You already have;

1. Sensor on the clutch to disengage the cruise control.

2. Sensor on the brake to light the rear brake lights.

3. Drive by wire control of the throttle by the ECU.

Software tells the ECU to blip the throttle for 0.4 sec when the clutch is engaged after the brake and the RPM is above 3000 (for example).

Particularly useful if only activated in Sports mode as it could be a pain in traffic.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Bump. Any news?

Also, why can't a blip be programmed in by tuners? Surely they can program a throttle blip when the eco detects brake and clutch at the same time. This would be ideal, for example when the car is toggled in to track mode, so it doesn't do it all the time.
This already exists... it's called Auto-blip. The issue with this as opposed to OEM style rev-matching is that it can only be a preset amount of throttle input, meaning it can only allow rev matches one gear at a time. The OEM system can detect what gear you intend to change to and rev match if, say, you wanted to go directly from 5th to 2nd

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
This already exists... it's called Auto-blip. The issue with this as opposed to OEM style rev-matching is that it can only be a preset amount of throttle input, meaning it can only allow rev matches one gear at a time. The OEM system can detect what gear you intend to change to and rev match if, say, you wanted to go directly from 5th to 2nd
Yes, i know about auto-blip. I'm just thinking that rather than using wire taps, and what i consider a relatively bodged affair, it would be way better if it could all be done with software alone.
If i had no choice but to go down the auto-blip route, the first thing i would do is re-do all their wiring with proper OEM connectors rather than wire taps.

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Exac
I think it could be purely a software patch as all the hardware is already there.

You already have;

1. Sensor on the clutch to disengage the cruise control.

2. Sensor on the brake to light the rear brake lights.

3. Drive by wire control of the throttle by the ECU.

Software tells the ECU to blip the throttle for 0.4 sec when the clutch is engaged after the brake and the RPM is above 3000 (for example).

Particularly useful if only activated in Sports mode as it could be a pain in traffic.
Exactly! Don't see why this can't be done.

Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What has me wondering, is how the 2019's rev match in multiple gears shifts. I know it has enough hardware to give you a blip, but how does it know how to match multiple gear changes when the clutch is only pressed in once.

At 6:00, this guy does multiple gear changes, and it rev matches all of them.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
What has me wondering, is how the 2019's rev match in multiple gears shifts. I know it has enough hardware to give you a blip, but how does it know how to match multiple gear changes when the clutch is only pressed in once.

Has to be a sensor that tells the computer what gear the car is in. The question is, do the 2018's have it.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I made a trip up to my local Roush dealer where the Ford Performance tech was looking into seeing if it can be upgraded. Turns out, he doesn't work there anymore. It was only a month ago. What the heck?!?!

So, I asked the new guy. He was in fact, the quintessential "new guy". He looked at me like I was from Mars.

So, he went back and asked the service manager, which he was smart enough to do. Well, the service manager seemed about as interested as a philharmonic violinist would be in repairing chainsaws.

Oh well.....

I really hope a real Ford tech is reading this, because the are tens of thousands of 2018 EB and GT owners that would love it if they came out with a legitimate FP upgrade for this.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
That's a bummer. I was actually looking at 2019's in my area just out of curiosity, but no way I want to take that financial hit for a single feature. I'd definitely pay good money for some kind of OEM upgrade path.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

The OEM system can detect what gear you intend to change to and rev match if, say, you wanted to go directly from 5th to 2nd
This. It uses sensors in the trans to detect what gear you're shifting into

Sponsored

PistolPete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1, 2008 Dodge Ram Hemi, 2009 Honda Accord
I love the rev match but i'd hate to not have the digital dash, show stopper red guts, magneride or pp1.
Someone please figure out how to upgrade at least the 18's with rev match... Until then I guess i'll tear up my shoes or my car tryin...

Qu8Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Prior to buy my 18 I test drove a 19 with the rev match and when I decided to get the 18 due to better features I couldn’t find the rev match in the menus until after I bought the car did I realize that it was a 2019/2020 feature. I can’t rev match to save my life (at least not while braking) and having the car do it on its own is very nice. Hopefully rev match on the 18 can work like the 19/20 cars.

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
It sounded from that thread like they had the capability of performing the mod. The question is, is it worth it for them to do the research.
Does anyone here on M6G also have a voice on HPTuners forums or know the best way to request features?

lb18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
For what its worth I reached out to Ford Performance to ask about this. They told me this:

The transmission on the 2019+ car has sensors integrated into the trans, which tell the PCM what gear it is in. On top of that, the PCM and the BCM calibration are much different.

Right now there doesn't seem to be a way to do this but definitely will watching to see if someone comes up with a solution

OP
OP
Blacktop17

Blacktop17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT , 1986 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious, if there was a kit with all the necessary sensors/computer/wiring, how much would eveyone be willing to pay for a kit like this?
Sponsored