Sponsored

Rev Matching Retrofit

Blacktop17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT , 1986 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Was curious if anyone knows if the rev matching thats on the 2019 is able to be bought and put on a 2017 GT. I dont really care if you dont like auto rev matching or if you can heel toe just as good.
Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Use the search function. This has been gone over.

Look up autoblip while you're at it. Closest thing you can get.

OP
OP
Blacktop17

Blacktop17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT , 1986 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've read about Auto-blip. It's not quite rev-matching. It just blips the throttle. Doesn't do it to the proper rpm for the speed your going in each gear. Cant believe people buy that.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I've read about Auto-blip. It's not quite rev-matching. It just blips the throttle. Doesn't do it to the proper rpm for the speed your going in each gear. Cant believe people buy that.
Have you actually tried it or you're just basing your comments on random stuff you read on the internet? And what is "rev-matching" if not a simple blip of the throttle? What do you think the 19+ PCM does to rev match if not bliping the throttle?

Let me tell you from someone that has used the auto-blip extensively, it's magical and works very very well. Is it 100% like the one in the Camaro and 19 Mustang? Probably not, but it works and works well.

And going back to your original question of retro-fitting the actual PCM rev-match. Can it be done? Sure with enough money, but it will take some serious wiring work to get the PCM to read the status of the shifter as there's no sensor provision right now in the 15-18 models.

OP
OP
Blacktop17

Blacktop17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT , 1986 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well I think that rev matching is just that matching the revolutions per minute No matter what gear your in or speed you're doing. Not just blipping the throttle. The car I drove was a 370 z and it didnt seem like it was just blipping the throttle. It was rev matching. So I would think that the 2019 mustang would use the computer, some transmission sensors along with some software to rev match.

Sorry for putting down Auto-blip. Didnt mean to bash their product. I'm sure it does what it says it does.

I'm just curious on what changes they did to the 2019 to make it be able to rev match. And if somebody can confirm that it actually rev matches and doesn't just blip the throttle.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blacktop17

Blacktop17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT , 1986 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know how to heal toe. Not consistantly though.
Do you have to be able to heel-toe to be able to program the auto blip?

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I haven't tried factory rev matching on the new Mustang. However, I've tried it on other cars and typically the difference between the factory rev matching and the auto-blip type products is shift gate position detection. Auto Blip just blips the the throttle by some adjustable amount for some adjustable duration. The factory system detects what gear you're going into and blips/holds to exactly the rpm necessary to match your gear selection. Wanna go from 5th to 3rd? It will do it just as smoothly as 5th to 4th or any other downshift that won't over rev. I've driven a GT4 with this feature and that was just incredible, so smooth and satisfying. I can't heel toe that consistently and definitely not in certain footwear.

Auto blip is a solid product, it's just not quite the same thing. I did read from the auto blip rep on this board they may have some sort of OBD2 based solution coming out which may add this kind of intelligence to the product. Not sure if they're close, but I'd definitely look out for that.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
Auto blip is not a true rev match like the `19 MT82 has. I'm sure its a nice product but no where near as precise as the OEM. Once you use the 19 with rev match you'd agree.

As for the OEM, I believe it can be retro fitted but I'm unsure about `17's, It was explained by a tech as a sensor and reflash .. pretty simple if that's the case. I'm currently looking into it. If I find more info, I'll pass it along.

Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I also want to install the OEM rev matching on my 2018. As I get older, I find my ankle just doesn't twist to properly heel-toe anymore. A rev match would be a really nice thing to have.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Agreed. Really hoping somebody finds a way on the 2018's to retrofit. Seems more likely than adding it to 15-17's anyway.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think the cars are identical. The only difference is they added some kind of sensor to the shifter, and flashed new software. Even the base model stereo is the same, but has a few software changes.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
2019's have been out for a while, has anyone dug into one yet to see how the rev matching is done and if it's potentially retrofittable?
Sponsored