WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
But you added all that cabling weight running it to the rear
Right, but I lost 28lbs not eating sugar and didn’t have that on the list, best weight loss/dollar.

Cabling and heavy battery in the correct spot in the truck are good weight for balance. Not only pigs but every Mustang made needs weight added to right side and right rear to get the car anywhere close to balanced.

Non-issue
Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
maybe you're right, the hood was stupid and i wasted my money. now i feel stupid.
The carbon fiber hood is about looks, not about weight savings at all. The car doesn't care about 9 lbs more or less. It looks great so you can be satisfied :like:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not only pigs but every Mustang made needs weight added to right side and right rear to get the car anywhere close to balanced.
And every time I post an interior picture, you lot keep telling us our steering wheel is on the wrong side … :giggle:

WD :like:

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
But you added all that cabling weight running it to the rear
That cable weighs a pound, the weight you would save by getting rid of the plastic around your LiPo. And MR cars and LiPo don't really mix. Few have had good results on these cars.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Few have had good results
I studied that this AM. :crazy:Seems to work well for some, but not others. And it's not just Mustangs, but the BMS function of Ford (and other manufacturers) interfering or competing with the Under Voltage Protection (UVP) feature that exists in many Lithium batteries.

For those unaware, when the Lithium battery reaches a certain voltage it considers low (due to parasitic draws) the UVP feature disconnects the battery to preserve what's left. The battery then needs to be reset.

A few threads here and elsewhere highlight driver experiences. Something to be aware of and worth studying. :like:

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I studied that this AM. :crazy:Seems to work well for some, but not others. And it's not just Mustangs, but the BMS function of Ford (and other manufacturers) interfering or competing with the Under Voltage Protection (UVP) feature that exists in many Lithium batteries.

For those unaware, when the Lithium battery reaches a certain voltage it considers low (due to parasitic draws) the UVP feature disconnects the battery to preserve what's left. The battery then needs to be reset.

A few threads here and elsewhere highlight driver experiences. Something to be aware of and worth studying. :like:
Yeah, I know HB has had great luck, as well as a few other folks. So it's definitely not 100% one way or another. I was a bad luck guy unfortunately.

No worries, I use it to powery trailer winch now. Most expensive winch battery I've ever bought, but at least it's light!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Right, but I lost 28lbs not eating sugar and didn’t have that on the list, best weight loss/dollar.
True. Driver weight and fitness are factors that no one really talks about.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Cabling and heavy battery in the correct spot in the truck are good weight for balance. Not only pigs but every Mustang made needs weight added to right side and right rear to get the car anywhere close to balanced.

Non-issue
Lol, did the same thing lost 22 lbs. I can fit in my Army uniforms again.😆

Juggernaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Expedition platty max, TBSS, Silvy, Camaro
I gotta slim down my Mach 1. I already swapped out the factory hood for a carbon fiber replacement. But now I need to go to the next level. I'm thinking Lightweight Series Velgen wheels, DBA two-piece brake rotors and QA1 carbon fiber driveshaft. I cannot delete the rear seats and my standard front seats are too comfy to change as well.
I am all about weight reduction. What was weight difference between carbon and stock hood?

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I did the following on my 2018 GT PP1 w/ A10 and MagneRide: The SVE R350 wheels saved 35 lbs, and the Borla catback with resonated H pipe saved 19 lbs over the stock catback. Remove the engine cover - 4.5 lbs. Also check the weight of your tires when you replace them - they don't all weigh the same and being further from the axles means every pound of tire savings is worth more than just about any other pound. You can also remove the rear seat back in about 2 mins (saves 12 lbs) and the rear trunk deck (saves 4-5 lbs) in about 10 seconds for those times when you want to be as light as possible. Just put them back for regular driving. Remove your owners manual (1.1 lbs), and floor mats of the seats not used (passenger floor mat is 1.5 lbs). I replaced the stock steel strut tower bar with a GT350R aluminum Ford Performance one, and it saved around 3 lbs. I did the MMR water pump pulley, but it saves less than 1 lb. Also, never fill up more than 1/2 tank of gas if you can help it - gasoline weighs 6.3 lbs/ gallon. None of these are extreme and combined add up to a decent amount of weight reduction.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Also, never fill up more than 1/2 tank of gas if you can help it - gasoline weighs 6.3 lbs/ gallon. None of these are extreme and combined add up to a decent amount of weight reduction.
These cars have incredible starvation issues on road courses. Especially sweeping left handers.

Some can never run less that 3/4 tank. It doesn't affect me until about 1/4 - 1/3 tank. More so on E for some reason (doesn't make sense buts its a thing that others experience as well).

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/fuel-starvation-on-track.184328/

This is a non issue at the 'strip though.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

Riverss26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Gen 1
These cars definitely need to go on a diet. Little things I did to lose some weight for the track was everything comes out of the trunk including the speaker, rear seats are gone, around 32 pounds, I don’t drive it in the rain so windshield wiper fluid is gone and also the windshield wipers, a braille battery lost about 14 pounds, project six GR wheels lost about 38 pounds. I would say close to 100 pounds!
These cars definitely need to go on a diet. Little things I did to lose some weight for the track was everything comes out of the trunk including the speaker, rear seats are gone, around 32 pounds, I don’t drive it in the rain so windshield wiper fluid is gone and also the windshield wipers, a braille battery lost about 14 pounds, project six GR wheels lost about 38 pounds. I would say close to 100 pounds!
I recently ordered 6GRs myself. I was looking for a balance between weight reduction AND esthetics. As a result I with 20s which are still lighter wheels that the OEM setup. I will keep my OEM 19s for the track if ever. Having said that how did you arrive at +/-38lbs in weight reduction from wheels and tires? About 7-8lbs per wheel and 1-2lbs per tire?

If you went with a braille battery... would it be correct to assume that your car is used more on track than street?

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Still too heavy, need more ideas without chopping up the car. This is with full tank so figure 3699lbs w/8gals. Terrible!

1700937862877.jpeg

1700937516167.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: