Unvaxxed

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
That’ll throw them off your tail. Nevermind 😳 the helicopter watching. LOL….you’re doomed.
That’s because like I always say, When you play stupid games you win stupid prizes.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you can play stupid games and come out on top. 👍
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Funny plates ftw!
So, wow. Going to run from the police and use fake license plates, all to avoid a speeding (or reckless speeding) ticket? Went from likely a couple hundred dollar fine, maybe some community service or at worst a car impound to likely a night in jail and a much larger fine and maybe more depending on local laws. Must have something else to hide because that math just don’t add up.

And even if you get away that time, if you evade cops, they’ll be looking at every Mustang in the area that fits the description of your vehicle so now you’re definitely on their radar. Good thinking 🤦‍♂️

Unvaxxed

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
So, wow. Going to run from the police and use fake license plates, all to avoid a speeding (or reckless speeding) ticket? Went from likely a couple hundred dollar fine, maybe some community service or at worst a car impound to likely a night in jail and a much larger fine and maybe more depending on local laws. Must have something else to hide because that math just don’t add up.

And even if you get away that time, if you evade cops, they’ll be looking at every Mustang in the area that fits the description of your vehicle so now you’re definitely on their radar. Good thinking 🤦‍♂️
Its much harder for them to get your plates if they are waiting on a median with traffic in place and in the middle of the night.

😂

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Can’t outrun a radio buddy. And then you’ve made it worse by running 🤦‍♂️
Correct.

Can’t outrun the radios, the Helos, miles of in car camera footage, and then K-9 units if bailed and running… LOL

Baited and hooked - 6 pages of “hey I got away with it” and OP is damn proud to be a reckless driver…

Sponsored

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Yeah I have no idea what the driving test is these days but I’ll find out soon. My son starts driver’s ed this summer.

But yeah I know those white knucklers, used to see them all the time when I had to take the interstates to work. Like, if you’re that scared to drive, take public transportation.
Good luck, my son wrecked my 4 year old accord his first month driving..Hit a big brick mailbox going 20 mph but totaled it..Daughter called me to ask a question and said " I think I backed into someone" Luckily it was in a parking lot and was a bumper to bumper hit and no damage but learned a lesson about phones and driving :)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Good luck, my son wrecked my 4 year old accord his first month driving..Hit a big brick mailbox going 20 mph but totaled it..Daughter called me to ask a question and said " I think I backed into someone" Luckily it was in a parking lot and was a bumper to bumper hit and no damage but learned a lesson about phones and driving :)
Thanks, yeah it’ll be different that’s for sure. I let him drive the golf cart when we went golfing the last few times out this past summer, so he can at least get a feel for being behind a wheel and learning gas and braking. And no carts and clubs went into a lake or sand trap so that’s good LOL.

Glad nobody got hurt and yeah good lesson learned about phones in the car. I don’t touch mine when I’m in the car, especially when the kids are with me.

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Got my first ticket last yr for almost triple digits in a 55. Was reckless driving but lawyer got it dismissed today somehow lol. All that stressing and community service for nothing. And yes I have learned my lesson, just glad it's all over
Meanwhile, I got my first ever speeding ticket, and it was for 141 in a 70... no arrest or anything, just a ticket, break of dawn, before streets even filled up with any traffic.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Meanwhile, I got my first ever speeding ticket, and it was for 141 in a 70... no arrest or anything, just a ticket, break of dawn, before streets even filled up with any traffic.
I mean if it was actually written for 141 in a 70 you're still fucked even if they don't arrest you and impound your car (which just adds to the cost). That's well above what most traffic lawyers can grease palms over, lol.

Insurance underwriting usually dings you harder for more severe violations, and especially racing/reckless tickets. That stuff will make your rates go up 100% these days.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
The piety of this thread makes me perversely proud of my inconsequential felonious conduct.

Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
To everyone that is saying that going fast on an empty motorway is criminal, that's just a very naïve thing to say, and it does not do justice to anyone.

What is RIGHT is different from what is LEGAL. Sometimes what is LEGAL is there because of a political agenda or to make money from innocent people.
I really can't stand when somebody points out somebody as a criminal just because of a little bit of safe speeding when there are tons of people completely distracted by their smartphones while driving everywhere and in any situation.

To be the immaculate constituent of a herd, you have to be a sheep in the first place.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
My Mustang is the only car i havent tapped out , but one day i will and i will do it on a lonely isolated nice flat road and it will feel great and the 155 it will reach is nowhere near how fast ive been . Ive done the " Mad Max " experience in my heavily modified almost 6l SS east of Broken Hill NSW where i did BH to Cobar in 2 hours , nuff said " I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am a out-of-controller! " haha

Paris MkVI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible, 2015 Escape 2.0 Titanium
Vehicle Showcase
General information - in Virginia any speed in excess of 80mph qualifies for a reckless driving citation. This is the case regardless of the speed limit. Even if you are on one of the interstates with a 70mph speed limit, 80+ can still get you cited for reckless at the discretion of the officer or trooper.

And in the little towns on the Eastern Shore with 35 or 45 mph limits, five over is too fast. ;)

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
Only an absolute idiot😳 would think the police would just say, “Okay guys, he ran away from us Let’s go home now“. :cwl:
D'oh dem Duke Boys
General information - in Virginia any speed in excess of 80mph qualifies for a reckless driving citation. This is the case regardless of the speed limit. Even if you are on one of the interstates with a 70mph speed limit, 80+ can still get you cited for reckless at the discretion of the officer or trooper.

And in the little towns on the Eastern Shore with 35 or 45 mph limits, five over is too fast. ;)
Triple digits will usually get you in trouble anywhere in the states, but Virginia is special. 5-10 years ago some guy from Jalopnik had to spend a weekend in jail for doing 80-something in a 55 testing a Camaro.
Sponsored