Recall: #23C35 BODY CONTROL MODULE BCM CONFIGURATION UPDATE

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
And turn your head to see while backing? I guess we have become a nation of lazy no-can-do’s
Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Well maybe they can also update the software in non HPP ecos to illuminate the oil pressure idiot light at KOEO so you can actually verify you have oil pressure. My oil pressure idiot light NEVER illuminates EVER even after an oil change when first starting.

I tested it and found that the only time it will illuminate is if the engine RPM is above 400 RPM and the pressure switch shows an open circuit as in no oil pressure. What idiot engineer decided that there must be an engine RPM signal to turn the idiot light on for oil pressure. So much for key on bulb checks like the old days.

BD

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Mustang should get an award for the most pointless, do nothing recalls I've ever seen. First some obscure back up camera one where it might not come on in some impossibly rare circumstance, and now this? Lmao. Remember the days when you had to actually check fluids yourself?
That’s funny you bring that up. We’re probably a bit different due to the fact that we’re generally enthusiasts, but realistically, how many people these days have ever even opened the hood?
I checked my vin and I’m getting recall also….. for the first time in any of my mustangs.

120m256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB PP, '02 E350 Extended
No mail about this but the NHTSA site says my '20 (BD: 10-18-19) needs it too. Damn. Are we supposed to just live with this, check the fluid prior to driving, and keep fingers and toes crossed until Ford figures their chidt out? Total BS.
I know, right. Because we should all expect our brake systems to have a sudden, random leak. OMG, can you think of what it must have been like to drive a car that didn't have a sensor in the BF reservoir - total end of the world shit.

Calm down bro. If your fluid isn't low, and you didn't run something major over, your brake system won't magically start leaking. Maybe on a 20 year old truck from the North East, which has been exposed to hundreds of thousands of miles of road salt and spray, but not a couple year old car in good repair.

120m256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB PP, '02 E350 Extended
That’s funny you bring that up. We’re probably a bit different due to the fact that we’re generally enthusiasts, but realistically, how many people these days have ever even opened the hood?
I checked my vin and I’m getting recall also….. for the first time in any of my mustangs.
If you're not the type to open the hood, this is the forum for you: https://priuschat.com/forum/

Sponsored

Shadetree43

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
21 EB Prem, VB, Pony Pkg, 201A, 13 RR F150 Lariat
Well maybe they can also update the software in non HPP ecos to illuminate the oil pressure idiot light at KOEO so you can actually verify you have oil pressure. My oil pressure idiot light NEVER illuminates EVER even after an oil change when first starting.

I tested it and found that the only time it will illuminate is if the engine RPM is above 400 RPM and the pressure switch shows an open circuit as in no oil pressure. What idiot engineer decided that there must be an engine RPM signal to turn the idiot light on for oil pressure. So much for key on bulb checks like the old days.

BD
Wondered about this. Thank you for verifying. :thumbsup:

tjones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tim
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang 2020 F150 2017 F150 22 Bronco S
10/30/2023
Manufacturer Safety recall issued
NHTSA: #Pending
Recall: #23C35 BODY CONTROL MODULE BCM CONFIGURATION UPDATE

This just popped up with no details in my email box this morning thought I'd share.

I dont know if this is a recall really, but since there is no information, I figured I'd pass this along just in case there is a serious issue and its just not stated yet, cause normally regular updates dont get this type attention is my guess.
It’s actually an advance notice, letting you know it will be a recall as soon as parts and repair information is available , you will receive another notice when all is available

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I think this is affecting MY2020 - MY2023 Mustang models, correct? Not just the GT500 cars?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I think this is affecting MY2020 - MY2023 Mustang models, correct? Not just the GT500 cars?
I believe it pertains to all MY 2020-2023 Mustangs, yes.

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

VeryTraumatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Odyssey, 2011 Toyota Corolla
Found out about this when I tried to list my s550 on Turo.

Suuuuuucks as I wanted to get some rentals in before Thanksgiving/ Winter holidays.

Would taking the car to the dealer and having the QC done there wipe the VIN from the affected lots?

SmartSelect_20231119_111453_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Found out about this when I tried to list my s550 on Turo.

Suuuuuucks as I wanted to get some rentals in before Thanksgiving/ Winter holidays.

Would taking the car to the dealer and having the QC done there wipe the VIN from the affected lots?

SmartSelect_20231119_111453_Chrome.jpg
Nothing will wipe the recall notice until its resolved. which ford does not have a solution for as of this writing.

Booboo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2020 PB GT350
Confirming this also applies for 2020 gt350s, dealer said it wont be ready to install til maybe July.
Sponsored