First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
10/30/2023
Manufacturer Safety recall issued
NHTSA: #Pending
Recall: #23C35 BODY CONTROL MODULE BCM CONFIGURATION UPDATE

This just popped up with no details in my email box this morning thought I'd share.

I dont know if this is a recall really, but since there is no information, I figured I'd pass this along just in case there is a serious issue and its just not stated yet, cause normally regular updates dont get this type attention is my guess.
Sponsored

Shadetree43

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
21 EB Prem, VB, Pony Pkg, 201A, 13 RR F150 Lariat
Yep got it too.
#23C35 says it is something to do with "IF" your brake fluid is low the Brake Warning light on dash may not illuminate. Guessing it is not an over the air program fix or it would not be a recall.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yep got it too.
#23C35 says it is something to do with "IF" your brake fluid is low the Brake Warning light on dash may not illuminate. Guessing it is not an over the air program fix or it would not be a recall.
You got more info then I did, and BCM's never get OTA updates as far as I know. Actually other than the sync unit no module get a an OTA.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I received an e-mail from CarFax, with little to no detail.

The Ford Pass app was showing nothing.

I then when to the NHTSA site and plugged in my VIN. I received the following insight from Ford.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

https://www.ford.com/support/

Campaign/NHTSA#

23C35/AWAITING#

Issue Date
2023-10-27

Description
On your vehicle, the brake system warning indicator may not illuminate if the brake fluid is depleted from the brake fluid reservoir.

Safety Risk
This may result in no brake system warning indicator when the brake fluid is below the recommended level in the master cylinder brake fluid reservoir, which may increase the risk of a crash.

Remedy
Ford Motor Company is working to develop software for this repair. When software becomes available, Ford Motor Company will notify you via mail to schedule a service appointment with your dealer for repairs to be completed free of charge. Software is anticipated to be available by December 4, 2023.

Next Steps
Contact your local dealer and schedule a maintenance appointment. To find your local dealer, use the "find a dealer" feature below.

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
It seems to me that the BCM should be able to tell you when the brake fluid is low, right??

Sponsored

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
10/30/2023
Manufacturer Safety recall issued
NHTSA: #Pending
Recall: #23C35 BODY CONTROL MODULE BCM CONFIGURATION UPDATE

This just popped up with no details in my email box this morning thought I'd share.

I dont know if this is a recall really, but since there is no information, I figured I'd pass this along just in case there is a serious issue and its just not stated yet, cause normally regular updates dont get this type attention is my guess.
I got it as well today.
Anthony

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I received an e-mail from CarFax, with little to no detail.

The Ford Pass app was showing nothing.

I then when to the NHTSA site and plugged in my VIN. I received the following insight from Ford.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

https://www.ford.com/support/

Campaign/NHTSA#

23C35/AWAITING#

Issue Date
2023-10-27

Description
On your vehicle, the brake system warning indicator may not illuminate if the brake fluid is depleted from the brake fluid reservoir.

Safety Risk
This may result in no brake system warning indicator when the brake fluid is below the recommended level in the master cylinder brake fluid reservoir, which may increase the risk of a crash.

Remedy
Ford Motor Company is working to develop software for this repair. When software becomes available, Ford Motor Company will notify you via mail to schedule a service appointment with your dealer for repairs to be completed free of charge. Software is anticipated to be available by December 4, 2023.

Next Steps
Contact your local dealer and schedule a maintenance appointment. To find your local dealer, use the "find a dealer" feature below.
Oh thats just wonderful, I wonder how the geniuses figured this one out, or should I say who got the shit scared out of them when driving that brought this to their attention.

I already notified my service guy about this, Funny how this pops up on Halloween, thank god my christine is in the shop sleeping :D

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
How did you become aware of the issue?
Oh thats just wonderful, I wonder how the geniuses figured this one out, or should I say who got the shit scared out of them when driving that brought this to their attention.

I already notified my service guy about this, Funny how this pops up on Halloween, thank god my christine is in the shop sleeping :D

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Oh great, one more thing to do.

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I also got it in an email from Carfax today.

BD

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
No mail about this but the NHTSA site says my '20 (BD: 10-18-19) needs it too. Damn. Are we supposed to just live with this, check the fluid prior to driving, and keep fingers and toes crossed until Ford figures their chidt out? Total BS.

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP Grabber Yellow
I got mine yesterday.

Recalls *

Campaign/NHTSA#
23C35/AWAITING#
Issue Date
2023-10-27
Description
Safety Risk
Remedy
Next Steps

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Mustang should get an award for the most pointless, do nothing recalls I've ever seen. First some obscure back up camera one where it might not come on in some impossibly rare circumstance, and now this? Lmao. Remember the days when you had to actually check fluids yourself?
Sponsored