Rear Upper Shock Mounts

KingBowser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
hey all, I’m redoing my suspension per info provided by members here!
New suspension will be
1. Ford Performance shocks and struts
2. BMR Handling Springs
3. BMR CB005 and CB762
4. UPR Vertical Links
4. Steeda Front roll center correction kit, so I figured while installing these parts, I should get some upper shock mounts. I was looking at the Steeda, UPR, and BMR ones and wondering what some members are running and the pros and cons of each.
Thanks
-Robert
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
From what I've seen:

Steeda - reinforced stronger version of the stock design, improves ride quality, slight better clearance, some people have noise issues (I think this is mostly due to install, but it is pretty common)
BMR - more clearance, better ride quality, rips the inner metal instead of failing only at the mount
UPR - looks like a Steeda rip

There's also JMS I believe it is, haven't heard of failures from them yet but they are probably selling in much lower quantities than the above.

I don't have any firsthand experience with any of these mounts, but if I went with one it would probably be the Steeda for the sturdy design that would fail sacrificially instead of risking any potential damage to the sheet metal.

OP
OP
KingBowser

KingBowser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
From what I've seen:

Steeda - reinforced stronger version of the stock design, improves ride quality, slight better clearance, some people have noise issues (I think this is mostly due to install, but it is pretty common)
BMR - more clearance, better ride quality, rips the inner metal instead of failing only at the mount

There's also JMS I believe it is, haven't heard of failures from them yet but they are probably selling in much lower quantities than the above.

I don't have any firsthand experience with any of these mounts, but if I went with one it would probably be the Steeda for the sturdy design that would fail sacrificially instead of risking any potential damage to the sheet metal.
Thanks! Seems to be the consensus, I wanted to go with BMR since they make great stuff and most of my car is BMR, but like you I’ve heard stories and that makes me a little nervous as I don’t want to touch my suspension again for a long while haha, the Steeda looks like the winner but the people chasing the noise also scares me a little but seems like that was all due to install. Thanks for the insight!

Hotpart.com

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002, 2006, 2015 Mustangs

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
J&M it is, not JMS. I just threw in an extra letter!

Sponsored

OP
OP
KingBowser

KingBowser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
From what I've seen:

:facepalm::headbang:

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I have a set of the steeda ones cause I got a good deal for a new set on here (still in box) very nice... however, the BMR ones are nice too, as they are made to compliment the lower ride height and raise the top mounting point of the shock to keep the full travel it had originally...

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase