Sponsored

Radium Engineering Expansion Tank

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
I thought about it, they make incredible stuff.. Really amazing fuel cells. They have pretty much become a standard in the industry.

My main concern with this piece was the lower fluid volume and I didn't love the bracket or branding. I decided to just get a cover for now and plan on something custom later on when I go FI.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So yeah, it does look smaller, doesn’t it. They don’t post the capacity that I have seen. May shoot them an email and see. And I’m also guessing if it really is smaller (sometimes shapes can be deceiving), how much lower is it…a few cups? I mean….

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
....and the more I think about it, would the quantity of the expansion tank even matter? It's not part of the quantity that would be normally circulating through the radiator and block. It's just for that...expansion.

Sponsored

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
They wrote me back. As the visuals support, the tank is smaller quantity than the stock tank. However, they supported/confirmed what I said earlier; quantity of that tank has nothing to do with cooling capacity. The coolant in that tank is not part of the normal circulation cooling the engine anyways. So far, I think it's my favorite tank as far as "matching" the engine bay, IMO. And I think for quality, it's the clear winner.

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
As an overflow tank, by function cooling capacity wasn't at all the concern. The potential issue with a lower capacity tank is it's ability to manage/recirculate overflow before bleeding it out. Being in a warm area.. I've seen the smaller capacity tanks bleed themselves low.

If you get one, be sure to share some pictures!
Sponsored