Sponsored

Radiator Expansion Tank Cover?

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
After seeing some really cool pictures that some folks on here posted, I started looking at replacement options for the expansion/surge tank and ended up with the following:

1. The stock plastic expansion tank looks bad, but is well designed and functions well

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21251

2. Replacement options are made from better material (mostly aluminum), but range from about $200-$300, and when you get down to it, they don't add a great deal performance-wise over the stock "grenade"

So, I was wondering if there are any expansion tank COVERS out there. It would seem that a good piece of purpose-fitted aluminum with the right openings and fittings would allow the stock grenade to do it's very important business behind closed doors and cost far less than the replacements that are out there...

Thoughts and info certainly welcome

Edit: Just saw a cover online for $109. Opinion--not much better looking than the grenade. The reason full replacements cost so much is understandable, but I can't figure out why a relatively simple looking cover is over $100...
Sponsored

Last edited:

drainey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt 350, magnetic with white strip
I agree. We need a cover or something. The new tanks on the market only looks good when painted to match car ( My view)

bentley1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby (White with DIB OTT Stripes) #1233
I've been asking for this and couldn't agree more. Such a beautiful engine completely taken away from by an ugly tank. I was able to find this one online, but not sure if it is going to work on our GT350's.

http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=5049

I'd love to have something similar in design, but smoother and maybe one small slit on the side that is clear so you can see the overflow level. I keep bugging JLT to come up with something, so I don't have to go to multiple vendors. I really like working with them

OP
OP

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I've been asking for this and couldn't agree more. Such a beautiful engine completely taken away from by an ugly tank. I was able to find this one online, but not sure if it is going to work on our GT350's.

http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=5049

I'd love to have something similar in design, but smoother and maybe one small slit on the side that is clear so you can see the overflow level. I keep bugging JLT to come up with something, so I don't have to go to multiple vendors. I really like working with them
Yeah, saw that same one--$109. Don't know why a decent looking cover can't be made for $20 or so...ok $50 because of the car it's being made for...

Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

bentley1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby (White with DIB OTT Stripes) #1233
Dumb question but our tanks are the exact same as the regular Mustangs, correct?

Sponsored

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Or $2 worth of black plasti dip... Looks the same...

OP
OP

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Appears that an affordable solution (i.e., good looking, affordable cover) is not in aftermarket company's interest...

Rimox51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Nice and easy. I just hate seeing the "OLD" snake logo on this car.
Sponsored