Radiator Expansion Tank Cover?

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Going to try to install this myself. Hope I don't break a nail.
image.jpg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Went with the moroso, it was the lowest cost aluminum tank I found. I plan on painting it myself when it comes in.
Any pics?

I don't know why the factory expansion tank has to be so large on all of the S550s - the stock one is overly large and most of the aftermarket replacements are too.

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
has anyone been able to find a nice chrome coolant tank cap to replace the Black OEM plastic one ????

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
I went with this black cover from CJ Pony parts. I wanted to retain an OEM look and think it looks 100 times better than stock. Very easy install and does not interfere with FP catch can.

JJMD2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Grey GT350-sold 2018 R on the way
Went with the exact same one. Can still see the bottom half of the clear tank if you look close, but I guess at least that still allows you to tell when you need to add coolant.

Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Went with the exact same one. Can still see the bottom half of the clear tank if you look close, but I guess at least that still allows you to tell when you need to add coolant.
I have an aluminum one. I was wondering how to tell when to add coolant?!:confused:

Schredder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt 350
So I ordered a Mishimoto coolant expansion tank not knowing if it would even fit with my Ford Performance oil separators. Good news! It fits...just barely. It is a really tight fit and it'll make emptying the oil separator a bigger pain in the ass than it already is but it's worth it to get that damn jelly bean out of my engine bay.
how much clearance is there with the ford racing catch cans. I like this one THANX

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
how much clearance is there with the ford racing catch cans. I like this one THANX
Not a lot of clearance at all. It works, but it's pretty annoying to clean the catch cans. Not annoying enough to buy a different set though. But if I had a choice, I wouldn't buy FP catch cans if I knew I was going to change the coolant tank.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Sponsored

Schredder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt 350
granatelli coolant tank

found this!
has
has anyone bought a granatelli coolant tank with the ford performance oil separators , who knows if it will fit. I know the mishimoto one will fit , even though its tight

drainey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt 350, magnetic with white strip
Tank and FP oil seperator

has anyone bought a granatelli coolant tank with the ford performance oil separators , who knows if it will fit. I know the mishimoto one will fit , even though its tight
Yes I have both. Not much room but made it work. see pocs
IMG_2176.jpg
IMG_2175.JPG
IMG_2174.jpg
Sponsored