Sponsored

Quick Jack 5000 at Costco

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
I read the specs on the QuickJack and they say that the maximum outside width is 60". I take it that the jacking points on the Mustang are no wider than that? (My Mustang is in the shop so I measured my DD which is a BMW and that car needs a slightly wider stance than 60"). What makes it necessary to stay that narrow in outside width?

Thanks,
<TED>

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
What makes it necessary to stay that narrow in outside width?
I can see them saying a minimum width so some dufus doesn't put the sides next to each other and is strong enough to tip the vehicle over. I don't see any reason for a maximum width other than to make sure the pump doesn't end up under the car due to the hose lengths.

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
I can see them saying a minimum width so some dufus doesn't put the sides next to each other and is strong enough to tip the vehicle over. I don't see any reason for a maximum width other than to make sure the pump doesn't end up under the car due to the hose lengths.
Your thoughts mimic mine exactly! Of course, you have seen the unit - I haven't! Many many thanks! This was very useful.

<TED>

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
through 7/24 now: https://www.costco.com/QuickJack-5,000-LB-Capacity-Portable-Car-Lift-.product.100460313.html

anyone know if this is about as cheap as it's gotten?
It was cheaper for me because Costco only shipped two of the three boxes. So I had to be home for the delivery of the two boxes. Then had to be home for the pickup (they had to take them back and reship all three). Then had to be home for the delivery of the three boxes. PLUS that meant they arrived too late for the project that prompted me to order them in the first place. So, Costco refunded me $100 towards my anger management class.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DC
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT-350, 2008 WRX Sti, 2017 VW GTI
I'm waiting for mine to arrive, I imagine I will need some pinch weld protector blocks. I looked at the ZL1 addon ones but I do not think I need any that good is there any standard puck Type blocks that will work with my car?

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
I have the BMR jacking rails. Quickjack works great with them. Small block in front and large block in the rear.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have the BMR jacking rails. Quickjack works great with them. Small block in front and large block in the rear.
Why small in front?

I use large front and back. The BMR jacking rails end up 18.875 (7/8) off the floor. It's a tight squeeze to get the large blocks in after its under the rails but since the blocks set down inside the quick jack, its easy to put the front large ones in before positioning them under the rails.

Sponsored

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
I found the car was more level with a small/large block mix. Otherwise I found the front lifted up before the back. My garage is not 100% level so that may account for why.

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium PP2
I'm waiting for mine to arrive, I imagine I will need some pinch weld protector blocks. I looked at the ZL1 addon ones but I do not think I need any that good is there any standard puck Type blocks that will work with my car?
The quickjack pinch weld blocks don't fit without modification and most puck style you see on amazon or wherever are crap and will split in half. I have steeda jacking rails waiting on my Mustang, I did consider the ZL1 addon protectors but ultimately went with steeda since they were quick with support questions and a discount code! I have had my quickjack for years, even using it on pinch welds with the regular blocks I have never damaged one, maybe I am on borrowed time but they weren't my cars... all my cars get some sort of jacking solution.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I am using ZL1 jacking pads bolted to jack points - have split multiple sets of rubber blocks lifting using pinch welds and the pinch weld rubber blocks sold by Quickjack did not fit into the holes in plastic side skirts (so I resold them).

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If you live in DFW, the Costco in Duncanville has them in stock for $999. You won’t have to worry about the biggest complaint in reviews, which seams to be damage during shipment.
Sponsored