Question for power adder gurus

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have seen and read about 2018+ Mustangs with FBO and E85 running with or even pulling stock Hellcats.

I don't doubt this is the case, but since the HC has a substantial HP advantage, is it the Mustangs weight and gearing along with the power adder that makes this happen?
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I have seen and read about 2018+ Mustangs with FBO and E85 running with or even pulling stock Hellcats.

I don't doubt this is the case, but since the HC has a substantial HP advantage, is it the Mustangs weight and gearing along with the power adder that makes this happen?
Or driving skill...

Dom1232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

I’ve beat a few in my 17 with aforementioned mods mostly from a dig anything from a roll they’d pull on me but honestly not by much if they were stock. I made 470/wheel at 3600lbs and a stock hellcat typically puts down 590/660 wheel at 4500lbs. Factor in traction issues and driver ability.... it’s a far easier race for the A10 but the 6r80 with 3.73s isn’t out of the game either

OP
OP
poncho@home

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Hey thanks for all the feedback.

Just a few points. I am not a "noob" to the car, drag or modified car scene. Been at it for 30+ years on older muscle cars.

I considered nitrous, but not enough to make the leap. Never was a huge fan of it, coming back from the days when most people were concealing the nitrous to cheat at street races. It always left a "bad" taste in my mouth

I don't street race anymore, only at the drag strip, but I don't shy away from a "safe" made in Mexico roll race... ;)

I was considering a centri, for the "easier" DIY install and retaining my GT350 strut tower brace I already bought and installed.

I do like the idea of a PD blower and the lower end power, should make the car feel really good in spirited country road driving.

Whipple or Edelbrock, which one is better suited to a manual street car? Or another?

Sponsored

OP
OP
poncho@home

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
A tune and a new rear
Do you mean gearing? I've considered going 3.55s

Along with headers and 18+ intake manifold, should be a decent bump in power and feel, just not sure it will quest my thirst...aren't we always looking for more power?

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Whipple all the way.
VMP.
Hey thanks for all the feedback.

Just a few points. I am not a "noob" to the car, drag or modified car scene. Been at it for 30+ years on older muscle cars.

I considered nitrous, but not enough to make the leap. Never was a huge fan of it, coming back from the days when most people were concealing the nitrous to cheat at street races. It always left a "bad" taste in my mouth

I don't street race anymore, only at the drag strip, but I don't shy away from a "safe" made in Mexico roll race... ;)

I was considering a centri, for the "easier" DIY install and retaining my GT350 strut tower brace I already bought and installed.

I do like the idea of a PD blower and the lower end power, should make the car feel really good in spirited country road driving.

Whipple or Edelbrock, which one is better suited to a manual street car? Or another?
VMP.

TGYNYY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Do you mean gearing? I've considered going 3.55s

Along with headers and 18+ intake manifold, should be a decent bump in power and feel, just not sure it will quest my thirst...aren't we always looking for more power?
Nah go higher. 3.73 at least. My 19 GT PP1 came with 3.55 and I swapped for 3.73, and I am so mad at myself for not going 4.09

OP
OP
poncho@home

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
TVS blower is fun on the street especially on a stick shift car, the instant power feels amazing.
Sponsored